JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just put on medium height rings on Browning T Bolt. Does this look to close to the barrel? Only a few mm from the barrel.

rings.jpg

Only really an issue if the barrel or scope flex so much when you shoot that they touch. Somehow I doubt that will be an issue with that rifle :)
Thanks. Just never had such close fit before. Did a few Leupold and Winchester combos looked normal. Maybe I could have research scope options more but thought 40mm let more light in. Time to bore sight later see how close it looks.

If you can see daylight, you're good to go. I would love to get mine that close, personally.

40mm letting more light in as compared to what? A larger objective collects more light than a smaller one.

I'm surprised you got that close with medium rings. A large amount of my rifles are set up with low rings with a 1"tube and have 1/4" or so of space between the objective and barrel

Thanks y'all I'm just taking it slow today. I enjoy setting up rifles. Probably fit 3 sheets of paper underneath just not used to or expecting that look. Time to get the Bog tripod out and see how she looks. Again impressed with the Leopold and Winchester support is top shelf. Let's see if elevation can get things right. No laser for 22. Uh does 223 laser work ah what ever I'll eyeball it for now.

For hunting, the lower the scope the better in my mind. Once off the cheek pad, the sure shot becomes difficult for me.
If I can get a thin rag between them for cleaning, I'm good to go.
If you are target shooting with a extra hot barrel, heat waves could be irksome.

Interesting. I usually use medium rings up to 50mm objective. Never had an issue. Those would usually be Talley (I say usually because I go with higher quality Alaska Arms for detach rings).

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews