JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If I've had this issue, then I have to believe others have too. It's been a slog trying to find a hard/lockable case that will safely accommodate two standard rifles with optics (not AR's) without spending $350-$500. My problem has never been the length, but the width. I've cycled through all the usual suspects - SKB, Pelican, Case Club, etc - and nothing was ever quite right dimensionally. Most things considered "double" rifle cases had an interior width in the 13/14" range. Two rifles with optics MIGHT fit.....but just barely, and without much cushion between the optics and the hard plastic edge. And, because of course, anything that worked width wise was always super duper deep (not needed) and too short. After a lot of buying/returning/measuring I'm the proud owner of a few very expensive cases that I don't need, but will find a use for. Long story short, I ran across this case on Amazon that I think is meant for archery bows and is only $199 (Still not "cheap"). Rather than the normal 13" interior width in this class it's 18 inches. And, at 44" long and 6" deep, should serve its purpose nicely for comfortably housing two standard rifles with two standard-sized optics.

Hopefully this helps someone out there having the same issue that I was having.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/HQ-ISSUE-Rifle-Carry-Black/dp/B07K7JXXKK/ref=sr_1_72?crid=2033BTST2FCC4&keywords=multi+rifle+gun+case&qid=1682352476&sprefix=multi+rifle+gun+case,aps,161&sr=8-72&th=1

Last Edited:
You can also try Harbor Frieght's Apache line of lockable hard-sided cases. They're a semi knock-off of Pelican.
I bought one last week and returned it this morning. $169 seemed like a good deal, but again.....13 inches wide. Tried a million times to get two rifles to fit with something more than a single pluck/pull cube of soft foam between them, but it never happened. Nice cases for the money, though.

After a lot of buying/returning/measuring I'm the proud owner of a few very expensive cases that I don't need, but will find a use for.
If you have a Pelican 1700 or 1750 you don't want, I may be interested in taking them off your hands

Where is it made?

Pelican makes a "Vault by Pelican" series that has a double rifle case. Might work for you?

V800 Vault Double Rifle Case

Interior: 53.0 × 16.0 × 6.0"

Great suggestion. I have Pelican cases and love them. Almost bought the V800 when Bi-Mart had them stocked. 16 inches of width is great, but was just kinda shy of what I wanted/needed. Really wish someone would make something in the price range that had that length and 20" of interior width. Can't seem to find it.

Pelican makes a "Vault by Pelican" series that has a double rifle case. Might work for you?

I have those and the V730s. Unless they changed their design in the last few years, my biggest issue is standard shackle length padlocks won't work. And most long shackle padlocks can fail TSA inspection, depending on what mood they're in.

I have one of these and it's very well constructed. It's nothing like their $50 thin-walled cases.

I picked it up second hand a few years ago and was surprised at the quality. It has held up very well.

Edit: Just looked at that Pelican V800. For $50 more you get the real deal. Not bad. Either way I think you'll be happy.

I have one of these and it's very well constructed. It's nothing like their $50 thin-walled cases.

I picked it up second hand a few years ago and was surprised at the quality. It has held up very well.

Edit: Just looked at that Pelican V800. For $50 more you get the real deal. Not bad. Either way I think you'll be happy.
Appreciate the suggestion, but again, it's the width that has been the issue for me. Everything I'm finding, including the link you just sent, is hovering about 13 inches. Just not enough. I'd love something in the 20" range with some length, but nobody seems to make it. Closest thing I've found is the link that I provided when starting this thread.

Appreciate the suggestion, but again, it's the width that has been the issue for me. Everything I'm finding, including the link you just sent, is hovering about 13 inches. Just not enough. I'd love something in the 20" range with some length, but nobody seems to make it. Closest thing I've found is the link that I provided when starting this thread.
I've told my wife for YEARS that width over length was what matters.

I'm talking about when buying shoes, of course.

I have a pelican 1750 that I very much would like to find an affordable soft case that will fit inside and hold two rifles. Has anyone had any luck sourcing one? Bonus points if it can fit a spotting scope and binoculars as well. My searches on other forums lead to soft cases that were either $300 or ones that were not longer made.

Sorry, I missed the 20" width requirement. For something that wide in a hard case, I doubt you'll find anything cheap. Maybe look for a used industrial equipment case. Or a used Pelican 1740. It's huge, and very expensive new, but there just aren't a lot of options.

The Pelican 1750's that we have seem to work great for two rifles. There's enough "squeeze" when closed that they will not shift, even when airline crews handle them.

Last Edited:
I have a pelican 1750 that I very much would like to find an affordable soft case that will fit inside and hold two rifles. Has anyone had any luck sourcing one? Bonus points if it can fit a spotting scope and binoculars as well. My searches on other forums lead to soft cases that were either $300 or ones that were not longer made.
^^^^ This is the way.

Ditch the foam and go with a double soft rifle case for the interior instead of the super wide case.

Check Voodoo Tactical and 5.11 for soft cases.

Could go with a Pelican 1740, and just put the two rifles on different layers, essentially stacking them? I am doing something similar in one of my really large cases.

You can get different thickness of the foam used inside and I do like this:

1. Base layer of 1" foam.
2. Layer of foam that is required thickness for rifle, cut out to fit rifle 1.
3. layer of Masonite (think pegboard without the holes) with 1" thick foam glued to bottom. This makes a lid for 1st layer and is a base for layer 2
4. 2nd base layer of 1" thick foam glued to top of Masonite.
5. Layer of std thickness foam, cut to fit rifle 2.

This can be repeated for more layers, depending on the required layer thickness and what you are putting in the cases. Also, can use a little paracord and dowel for handles to pull top layer(s) off, that will nestle down in the foam when not being used.

The Pelican 1750's that we have seem to work great for two rifles. There's enough "squeeze" when closed that they will not shift, even when airline crews handle them.
The 46" SERT TCC was made to fit in a Pelican 1750. I have a 46" and 36" and can attest to their quality. My 36" goes with me to every carbine class.

IMG_2119.jpg

Last Edited:
I see what you mean about width.
That's a BSA CF2 on the right. Much like a Model 70
The one on the left is another BSA, a Martini-Enfield 303.
There is no way two scoped rifles are going to fit in there as much as you may want to try.

In the second pic, the FAL and an AR have shared that same case. It's easy if you're willing to QD the optics and loose zero. 😉

For reference the Leupold Vari-X is barely 1.5" above bore
The FAL is nearly 3" above bore.

This is the harbor freight Apache large rifle case.

TSA seems to be okay with them. However, they get a little quirky about my placing old school lead and wire seals on the cases when they're done with theirs.
"What? You don't trust us?"

Case.jpeg FAL.jpg

Can vouch for this. Waaaaay back in the day when I owned only two scoped rifles, I used this for storage/transport. Thing is bulletproof and air tight.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews