JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've never eaten ground turkey, and only considered it once while in the grocery store. Same with turkey bacon... deli sliced or roasted, and it's best on leftover samiches! You only really taste the mayo and mustard that way.

Give me ham or corned beef any time!

Admittedly, I was hoping to see some sort of report... CLICKBAITER!

Christmas dinner: Prime Rib, Candied Jams, green beans, butternut squash, mashed potatoes and Rosemary oven roasted taters 435239AA-2B0E-48ED-A9A6-FC56E8ED9CC7.jpeg

New Years Eve dinner: Corned beef brisket, cabbage, red taters and carrots

A296D227-956F-4B7B-9DF1-0E9B24433EC0.jpeg

I'm left in charge of all holiday meals... :eek::eek:

2 years ago... allthough thankfully one of the only disasters during a holiday - other then my or my wife's family, back when they were still invited years ago:D

IMG_2132.JPG IMG_2134.JPG IMG_2136.JPG

Don't put hot Pyrex on cooling ovens I guess:eek::confused:.

Hell of an explosion though:D

Thanksgiving dinner: herbed turkey with stuffing, home made gravy, butternut squash, rosemary potatoes, the wife's beet salad, green beans, homemade pumpkin pie, candied yams, homemade cranberry sauce and oven fresh rolls. C444DB58-9963-4B44-9A68-E7C3B09CE436.jpeg

It's a day of cooking for me, all day in the kitchen with the holiday beer of choice (Jubleale or Wassail). The turkey gets roasted and I get toasted :eek:

2 years ago... allthough thankfully one of the only disasters during a holiday - other then my or my wife's family, back when they were still invited years ago:D

View attachment 501756 View attachment 501757 View attachment 501758

Don't put hot Pyrex on cooling ovens I guess:eek::confused:.

Hell of an explosion though:D
Yup, brother in law blew up a Pyrex dish, had just finished melting sugar for Flan, took it off the heat, there was a couple of drops of water on the countertop, sounded like a shotgun blast. Needless to say, no Flan for me...

Thanksgiving dinner: herbed turkey with stuffing, home made gravy, butternut squash, rosemary potatoes, the wife's beet salad, green beans, homemade pumpkin pie, candied yams, homemade cranberry sauce and oven fresh rolls.View attachment 501759

It's a day of cooking for me, all day in the kitchen with the holiday beer of choice (Jubleale or Wassail). The turkey gets roasted and I get toasted :eek:

A couple of years ago, one of my in-laws was hosting Thanksgiving dinner... and being health-conscious, she decided against turkey and stuffing. Served a big ol' block of tofu. I couldn't eat it, even with the gravy. Wish I'd taken pictures of that.

Yours looks way better.

A couple of years ago, one of my in-laws was hosting Thanksgiving dinner... and being health-conscious, she decided against turkey and stuffing. Served a big ol' block of tofu. I couldn't eat it, even with the gravy. Wish I'd taken pictures of that.

Yours looks way better.
"Hunny bunny, we're never going to their holiday dinner again..."

Yours looks way better.

So I don't really like tofu, daughter is a vegetarian though.

This thing actually tastes like turkey though, texture and taste if cooked right.

IMG_3228.PNG

So I don't really like tofu, daughter is a vegetarian though.

This thing actually tastes like turkey though, texture and taste if cooked right.

View attachment 501788
We'll have to try that, since the Tofurkey roast was a let down... tasted like well seasoned rubber.
GF doesn't like meat unless it is of superior quality and cooked perfectly... who can resist a perfectly cooked top sirloin.

Ground turkey is a most tasteless protein source. Still, wife and youngest daughter prefer turkey burgers when I make the burgers.
My answer on what to do with Turkey Burger: make patties, put in pan (not grill), ventilate each patty with lots of little holes from salad fork, and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Enough to fill the holes but not spill over much. I use grape seed oil because you can get it hot. Butter is too cool or you burn it, olive oil smokes at the temperature I cook these at.
When you flip the first time, ventilate again, sprinkle very lightly. That's it.
Because of the holes, the flavor infuses throughout the burger, tastes much better.
At the right temperature, you can give them a good char, and they're even tastier when done this way.
I tried teriyaki, Tamari and soy sauce. Too salty. I tried a KC BBQ rub too, tasted like glove leather and KC BBQ rub.

I might pass that along to the in-laws. Thanks.

We'll have to try that, since the Tofurkey roast was a let down... tasted like well seasoned rubber.
GF doesn't like meat unless it is of superior quality and cooked perfectly... who can resist a perfectly cooked top sirloin.

Tofurkey is gross imo.

Take that roast out of the plastic it's wrapped in, toss it in an oven roasting bag in a dish and add olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, some rubbed sage or whatever roast spices you like and some salt. Tie off bag and Put in an oven for 45 min ish at 375f or until golden.

My dads picky as hell and I had to flat out tell him to stop "tasting" my daughter's main dish one year lol.

As has been said in many places: if we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat? That was a cruel thing she did.

Joke: what is the difference between inlaws and outlaws? Outlaws are wanted!

Ba-dum tssssss

Yours looks way better.

I am going out to check a potential hunting area tomorrow so I'm hoping to have a few grouse to bring home - although if I see any elk I'll still calll it a win

I finally popped a grouse out scouting for elk last weekend. I was disappointing for how small it was being the only one I saw all weekend but I didn't complain after a good campfire grill I got a good appetizer that turned out better than the cheap steak I bought. I woulda enjoyed a turkey burger more than that steak actually.
Are you still hunting solo or did you find a partner? I recall when you were looking a couple years ago.

oh and yeah I was a huge pyrex fan till after I lost my second one for the same reason... what a mess that made, a huge casserole exploded on my stove cause some drop of water or something.... Converted me to cast iron now.

0915182017_HDR_cropped.jpg

I finally popped a grouse out scouting for elk last weekend. I was disappointing for how small it was being the only one I saw all weekend but I didn't complain after a good campfire grill I got a good appetizer that turned out better than the cheap steak I bought. I woulda enjoyed a turkey burger more than that steak actually.
Are you still hunting solo or did you find a partner? I recall when you were looking a couple years ago.

oh and yeah I was a huge pyrex fan till after I lost my second one for the same reason... what a mess that made, a huge casserole exploded on my stove cause some drop of water or something.... Converted me to cast iron now.

View attachment 501841

I did finally find a few people that I don't hate:D and trust around me with a gun;).

Actually, a few guys that are great peeps:cool:.

Now I just need to lock down a hunting ground that shows promise. (Had one but it's not great so I'm starting over again with some tips from more experienced folks).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top