JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dang whatever happened to be sure of your target and what's beyond it? Also who the hell misses like that? The 2 officers who wounded so many people were like 10' away and there was a crowd of people behind the guy. Damn that's bad shooting.

Last Edited:
I wonder if those police spent too much time slow fire shooting at front facing targets? You can't just blast away when the target is in profile to you and there is a crowd of poeple behind otherwise you get exactly what happened here. My guess is they were used to shooting center mass on a face-on target, and probably slow-fire (did not practice under duress or simulated encounters) to boot.

And this is why we need to dis-arm the police. It would stop all these mass shootings on our city streets. If we just take away their guns so the officers could just talk to the suspects then all would be calm and the world would be a better place.

Ok now for the real story, it just shows that even with all the training that they get, the years of service they have, they are human and they F-up and this time they F'ed-up bad from what I seen.

Yet even when this happens and it has happened many times, they still seem to exempt the police from any new gun law they propose like they are above reproach.

When was the last time you heard of a group of CWL holders shooting up a crowd, you don't, as usual it was a group of trained police with years of service but we need to have our rights taken away and they are exempt.

You know I have read the Constitution several times and I still have not found any where that says police and military have more rights than we the people do, yet they always seem to be exempt from most gun laws.

Just saying!

Last Edited:
Yeah, why is it that law enforcement are always exempt from these unconstitutional bans? People who are forced to carry a gun for work tend to practice far less than most.

Sadly many LEO's are not "shooters". They shoot enough to "qualify" and often that is not much. Then something like this happens. Since so many shooting involving LEO's are recorded now I am often shocked that hitting by standers does not happen a lot more than it does.
I did not see mentioned what was it the guy pulled from his pocket and tossed? Was it a gun? If so he caused this and if he survives he needs to pay for this.

In reality, no government employee performs perfectly under fire. Prime example is the US military.

It's a big reason why I roll my eyes when military folks make YouTube videos on how bad LE tactics are. They get a free pass to kill folks and still suck at it.

You know I have read the Constitution several times and I still have not found any where that says police and military have more rights than we the people do, yet they always seem to be exempt from most gun laws.
People have rights. Government agencies don't. Employees that work for government agencies don't have extra rights - they are performing a work function when they use or carry weapons as an extension of what that agency does.

There's a big difference between when an LEO pulls the trigger and when we do.

People have rights. Government agencies don't. Employees that work for government agencies don't have extra rights - they are performing a work function when they use or carry weapons as an extension of what that agency does.

California SB-23 The section that created the "Safe Handgun" roster exempted law enforcement from being limited to what was on the roster. They could buy (and sell) any handgun available on the market Lots of gun shops have shelves with a sign saying "Law Enforcement Only". I've seen that at SafeFire most recently. Anyway, I believe that could be considered extra rights. LEOs are exempt from many laws restricting gun availability to the masses.

I disagree murder is murder and a defensive shooting is still a defensive shooting under the law, no matter if I do it or if they do it.

So what your telling me if the state/agency says that murder is a part of their job its ok be cause the state/agency sanctioned it.

What I am talking more about is off the job, in many states that have a mag ban you and I can not buy them but off duty cops still can. Or like in California that has a gun roster for you and I but off duty cops can buy pretty much any gun they want.

So your telling me the 300 officers in Uvalde that stood around with there thumbs up their behinds should be able to keep and continue to buy AR15s if a ban goes into effect just because they work for an agency but I should not.

They are just citizens just like you and me and and should be ruled under the same laws as you and me.

They work a job, they are not GODS.

If I can not have a extended mag then they should not have one or are they special or am I just a lower class citizen, are we doing Jim Crow laws again.

How do you become a police state, ban guns from the little folk and allow the government to keep theirs.

Last Edited:
California SB-23 The section that created the "Safe Handgun" roster exempted law enforcement from being limited to what was on the roster. They could buy (and sell) any handgun available on the market Lots of gun shops have shelves with a sign saying "Law Enforcement Only". I've seen that at SafeFire most recently. Anyway, I believe that could be considered extra rights. LEOs are exempt from many laws restricting gun availability to the masses.
SafeFire has some firearms marked for for sale to LE/MIL customers because SafeFire procured those specific items at the manufacturer or distributor's LE/MIL discount price. At least that's the explanation I got.

HOW CALIFORNIA'S 'OFF-ROSTER' GUN EXEMPTION FOR PEACE OFFICERS IS CAUSING PROBLEMS

this is what i am talking about

"For Brandon Combs, the off-roster issue is an equality issue. "Every time you create a special exemption, and you say this one over here is better than this person over here because of who they work for, that is undermining equality in our society and it is inherently wrong," he said."

added bottom statement

Last Edited:
My guess is they were used to shooting center mass on a face-on target, and probably slow-fire (did not practice under duress or simulated encounters) to boot.
I'm gonna have to disagree here; every major metro PD in the country now has better training than this.

However, there's that saying, "You can lead a horse to water..."
It's a big reason why I roll my eyes when military folks make YouTube videos on how bad LE tactics are.
Same reason I used to laugh when I'd get some guy come to work for me who did one or two deployments to Iraq or The 'Stan as an 11B or 0311 in a 4-year enlistment and try to tell me he knew way more about firearms and LE tactics than I did.

they still seem to exempt the police from any new gun law they propose like they are above reproach.
Yeah, that's pretty much BS. There's so many examples that could be cited. Sure, on-duty LEOs are not always subject to mag restrictions or semiautomatic rifle bans, but for the rest (and not speaking to California, which is unique even among anti-gun states), the rules apply. And even a serving LEO in WA can't pack into the stadiums for Seahawks or Mariners games unless they're on duty. And under LEOSA, gotta carry only 10-round or under mags in California or NY, abide by the laws of the specific locales. Personal purchases now, at least in WA, no advantage to being LE.
So what your telling me if the state/agency says that murder is a part of their job its ok be cause the state/agency sanctioned it.
Where do you come up with this?

They are just citizens just like you and me and and should be ruled under the same laws as you and me.

They work a job, they are not GODS.

If I can not have a extended mag then they should not have one or are they special or am I just a lower class citizen, are we doing Jim Crow laws again.
So just how many felony arrests have you made? How many bad actors have you caused to become incarcerated? How many family members and gang associates of the criminals you deal with on a daily basis would light you up on sight? Do you work a job where you have to have total focus and your head on a swivel for ten to sixteen hours a shift, not only because of the asshats that want to do you harm, but the asshats driving on the roads you patrol? Are you subject to mandatory overtime up to another eight hours every single shift you work? Trust me, if anyone needs to be exempted from some of the more stupid new gun laws in our states, it's the serving LEOs. Doesn't make any of this crap right, but let's even the playing field just a little in favor of the good guys, eh?

Last Edited:
SafeFire has some firearms marked for for sale to LE/MIL customers because SafeFire procured those specific items at the manufacturer or distributor's LE/MIL discount price. At least that's the explanation I got.
That makes sense as there's no roster here. Back in the PRK it it still is as I described.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top