JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
that's it blame it on Californians ....take responsibility:oops:

a democratic vote is a vote for gun control
its about the only message the democratic party agrees on, that and never Trump....... brilliant strategy

Well that covers well less then 1/3 of the long guns I own.

But if you have any guns in the registry, then they will come knocking on your door to check that every gun you have is now licensed, and while they are at it, they will take the serial #s, make and model.

It won't do any good to move to a free state, "sell" all of your guns and then move back, because they will still have your name and still come check.

No, they probably won't check everybody - they only have to check a few to make an example of those owners, and the rest will fall in line after a few people get sent to prison for not complying. That is how it works - not house to house, but a few high profile and well publicized cases with people's lives ruined will change most people's minds.

Wouldn't a requirement of a permit to purchase a firearm be an infringement on the second amendment? Ill tell you where you can shove that permit, stuff like this just screams the state wanting control over who can purchase firearms while we already have the right as written in our constitution.

Almost all gun laws infringe on the 2A.

What matters legally is whether courts think it infringes on the 2A and whether they care.

I mean state supreme, then district circuit, then SCOTUS (if they agree to hear it) - I think that's how it goes?

So yes, the 9th would get involved?

The way things are at this moment in time, the WA Supreme court is actually worse than the 9th Circus............. the 9th Circus does have at least a few justices who actually respect and abide by the Constitution. We need a few more replacements before SCOTUS will hear a gun case.

Ray

3abf30bb8a9247125b26fe8a3e79323d936c7ec1520f2ad2.jpg

DYK.....the Dems/Liberals/Progressives are only looking out for the PUBLIC'S SAFETY.

Rrrrright.

Afterall.....all gun owners are potential "KILLERS." So, it's essential that the govt knows who has the guns.

First, they'll start with a license/registration system. Next, they'll charge for the privilege to have the lic. Maybe, a couple of bucks just to start. Then, they'll raise the price of a lic. If they haven't destroyed the gun ownership culture by then....well, since they know who owns the guns......they'll just collect them.

Don't worrry,.....because by then, there will be very little gun owners to oppose them.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The upside:

If there was ever any doubt in anybody's mind about where the dems are going with gun control, this should convince more people of their ultimate goals.

I personally hope that this doesn't pass - I am thinking they played their hand too early, what with 2018 elections coming up, a narrow margin of power, rural dems hopefully not voting for it, and hopefully public pressure. They should have waited until they had a sure thing instead of going for it now. Or they would maybe have been better to put this as a voter initiative since they maybe have a better chance of getting all the urban voters (the majority in WA state) to vote for it.

Thanks for that, we will likely not retire in Wa, although we have our first grandchild on the way and they plan to stay, I cannot (will not) stay and be persecuted for beincg a law abiding gun owner any longer.:mad::mad::mad:

I'm in the same boat as you Jim. I will not stay in WA for the long haul because of this madness.

I understand that historically the diplomatic method of patience and termperment of words with liberals was beneficial in finding common ground. When these people are continually coddled to the point that we lose all control, in which we are on the brink now, this is what we get. Are there any serious politicians out there that are prepared to call out these traitors for what they are??

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top