JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In 1993-94 I was in California, 20 something, broke as a joke and politically unaware. I was trying to eat, ride my dirt bike and if I could scrounge two pennies together I'd try to get a date. When the AWB hit it didn't mean anything. Even though I was out of the USAF and in the Air National Guard it still wasn't a big topic anyone I knew was speaking on.

Outside of firearm related websites 20 years later unless you are directly involved it could easily happen again. Plus there is much more anti noise than I ever recalled back then. A google search shows the AWB passed 52-48 under Clinton but former Prez Ford & Reagan signed letters in favor of the ban (per google) though at least one Dem out of Texas did vote against it.

Today the Antis have nothing to lose. Gun control is the sweetest low hanging fruit because they can pass a law (without a vote) that does zero to save lives yet claim a victory. If there is such a thing as a Pro gun politician where is his victory? In Olympia and Salem customer service isn't listening. In just over a decade since the AWB sunsetted, free Americans could not be convinced they are free. Ever more we rely on government then watch one government agency blame the other when it fails. Example-Amtrak, any woman shot with a restraint order in hand, ATL airport shut down for a few days. On and on.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top