JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should you buy a gun right now knowing Biden’s plans?

• No absolutely not.

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Hell Yes you should!

Votes: 134 83.8%
  • Wait and see before purchase another firearm

Votes: 18 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
It could be argued that the previous panics were dress rehearsals. Each time, the instigators of the new panic use what they have learned from the reactions to the past panics, and move the ball inch by inch down the field. Two steps forward...one step back...still means we took one step forward toward their goal.
A shooting happens. They push for total ban, then they debate a "compromise" and ban bump stocks. Two steps forward...one step back... but still a ban. Another shooting happens. They push for total ban, then debate a "compromise" for universal background checks. Two steps forward...one step back... but still an infringement. After all, never let a good tragedy go to waste.
When, in the history of all these panics, tragedies, and gun control debates, have we ever gained any of our rights back by compromising them away?

It could be argued that the previous panics were dress rehearsals. Each time, the instigators of the new panic use what they have learned from the reactions to the past panics, and move the ball inch by inch down the field. Two steps forward...one step back...still means we took one step forward toward their goal.
A shooting happens. They push for total ban, then they debate a "compromise" and ban bump stocks. Two steps forward...one step back... but still a ban. Another shooting happens. They push for total ban, then debate a "compromise" for universal background checks. Two steps forward...one step back... but still an infringement. After all, never let a good tragedy go to waste.
When, in the history of all these panics, tragedies, and gun control debates, have we ever gained any of our rights back by compromising them away?
Never. We have been conditioned to believe the the intermittent temporary stalemates are a win.

Your life's story?

That's a ridiculous theme for just about any material, let alone children's material. You have to wonder what the heck is wrong with the people who come up with this stuff.

Never. We have been conditioned to believe the the intermittent temporary stalemates are a win.
Exactly. We keep submitting ourselves to death by a thousand cuts. They want an arm and a leg. We give them two fingers and a toe and consider it a win.

AWB sunsetting and not renewed was a big win:rolleyes:

Concealed carry... getting there but slowly. :rolleyes: from 1986, 16 No-Issue(no permits) and 25 "may-issue", 1 Constitutional/unrestricted to 2019, 8 "may issue" left and 0 "no-issue" and 16 unrestricted/Constitutional.

Right_to_Carry,_timeline.gif

Concealed carry... getting there but slowly. :rolleyes: from 1986, 16 No-Issue(no permits) and 25 "may-issue", 1 Constitutional/unrestricted to 2019, 8 "may issue" left and 0 "no-issue" and 16 unrestricted/Constitutional.

View attachment 803682
Respectfully disagreeing, and sort of illustrates my point. AWB 1.0, lasted 10 years (pretty fair chunk of an average lifetime?). Now, a few decades later, AWB 2.0 is in the works, with no sunset clause planned (so far just talk, I get that part). I have a difficult time looking at the expiration of 10 years of infringement as a win. Time means something. If I were wrongly locked up for 10 years, then set free, is that considered a win?

Just need one event to seriously advance more gun control in America. I put zero faith in Republicans taking any stance against additional gun control. As a lot, they're spineless, just listen to them capitulating today, it's disgusting...

What happened yesterday, in my mind, is the result of four years of pent up pressure from false accusations, investigations, impeachment's and Democrats not accepting the 2016 election results... Only one group in AmeriKa has a voice.

Honestly, the Congress critters should fear when the AmeriKan people gather in Washington, D.C., they should be accountable to us, but alas are not, nor willbe henceforth, unless We the People force a change.

Fully expect this post to get deleted...

Honestly, the Congress critters should fear when the AmeriKan people gather in Washington, D.C., they should be accountable to us, but alas are not, nor willbe henceforth, unless We the People force a change.

Congress does not fear. Thought experiment: In your city, state, district, etc., would you rather vote for the long term sitting Republican or an up and coming, blue collar roots Democrat?

Diehard voters that do not research candidates and simply vote a color like they're cheering a sports team make up the bulk of the voting block. Because of this, there is no fear in Congress nor accountability. Who will win is largely known in advance, and when there is that level of predictability, no one fears.

IMO, the best move forward is to vote out all incumbents - reps, senators, judges, school board supervisors, everyone. That's going to mean blue locales vote red and red vote blue and maybe some even get third party picks. Then keep it rotating. Politicians will never law themselves out of a job - it's up to us to swap them out regularly, like dirty socks.

Congress does not fear. Thought experiment: In your city, state, district, etc., would you rather vote for the long term sitting Republican or an up and coming, blue collar roots Democrat?

Diehard voters that do not research candidates and simply vote a color like they're cheering a sports team make up the bulk of the voting block. Because of this, there is no fear in Congress nor accountability. Who will win is largely known in advance, and when there is that level of predictability, no one fears.

IMO, the best move forward is to vote out all incumbents - reps, senators, judges, school board supervisors, everyone. That's going to mean blue locales vote red and red vote blue and maybe some even get third party picks. Then keep it rotating. Politicians will never law themselves out of a job - it's up to us to swap them out regularly, like dirty socks.

But we don't have to concern ourselves with the burden of voting anymore. They will vote for us and have the Associated Press tell us who we voted for. They will even do us the favor of removing the responsibility of signatures or ID so they...err.. I mean we can vote as many times as we want. o_Oo_Oo_O

Last Edited:

They (the .gov) are "warning" the people.
If it was the people warning the .gov, it would be perceived not as a warning but as a threat, punishable by arrest and conviction.
Just think about that.
Not the .gov of the people by the people for the people that I heard about back in my school days.

You said it better than I. This is what I meant

Just need one event to seriously advance more gun control in America. I put zero faith in Republicans taking any stance against additional gun control. As a lot, they're spineless, just listen to them capitulating today, it's disgusting...

What happened yesterday, in my mind, is the result of four years of pent up pressure from false accusations, investigations, impeachment's and Democrats not accepting the 2016 election results... Only one group in AmeriKa has a voice.

Fully expect this post to get deleted...
Capitulating on what? A bunch of bozos incited by another Bozo to interrupt a session of congress doing what they are being paid to do?

Your life's story?

You have got be kidding -- what in the actual bubblegum?

I mean you hear it said that Antifa has a pedo problem, and then there's all that Critical Gender Studies stuff that has drag queens doing story hour -- some people say it is grooming behavior. That show noted above -- that's gotta be in the same category. It's beyond appalling.

When it's time to bury them the time has passed to use them.

we are edging ever closer to needing the third box

I hasten to tell everyone that the real plan begins with The Charter and Proclamation of the Rights of Man. You can't build a house without a blueprint; you cannot prepare for the next few weeks and months without a blueprint.

Support The Charter and Proclamation of the Rights of Man

Sure, be happy that -- for now -- there's shall-issue in most states and Constitutional carry in a few... But shortly, if the DNC platform planks become reality (and after yesterday's frivolities, that'd seem to be a near-certainty) -- you'll only be allowed to pack (for now) a six-shot revolver or maybe ten-round (possibly down to seven) capacity semi-auto, while you'll have to pay for tax stamps to legally keep -- AFTER mandatory registration -- your ARs and AKs, and a $200 per magazine tax stamp for each "high-capacity" mag you already own -- just to keep 'em. Oh, and better believe -- the places you can legally carry a concealed handgun will dwindle down to almost nowhere despite concealed carry licenses still being issued. Our Dems in WA will do their level best to get rid of state preemption (it'll take a state constitution amendment) and if that happens, the cities and counties will ban concealed carry pretty much everywhere in public (at least in Western Washington).

Yeah, we're winning all right...

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class