JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should you buy a gun right now knowing Biden’s plans?

• No absolutely not.

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Hell Yes you should!

Votes: 134 83.8%
  • Wait and see before purchase another firearm

Votes: 18 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Reactions
The Georgia senate election is over with both Democrats candidates winning. The Democrats have the house, the senate, and the presidency. This is problematic to any gun owners because passing a gun reform bill will be easy and is likely in the future. Based on the information available at this time I'm hesitate to buy any semi auto rifle or handguns over 10 round capacity. Am I overreacting or playing it smart? Only time will tell. Opinions should you buy a gun right now or use a wait and see approach?

Theres a bunch of people who stormed the DC Capitol Building and are currently in there and there's some interesting photos going around, I do not know what will happen, other than a good chance this is gonna embolden a certain Party to go and tear down the entire BOR, not just 2A... and a good chance the other Party is gonna just roll over because their jobs are just as in as much danger as the Party of GC... :(

So... wait and see. And we may not have firearms to buy :confused:

I'd buy whatever I wanted. Restrictive legislation is by no means a certainty with razor thin majorities. Getting it passed would use up alot of political capital that Biden is in very short supply of and I think he has other priorities. Like not dieing.

When it's time to bury them the time has passed to use them.

we are edging ever closer to needing the third box

I'd buy whatever I wanted. Restrictive legislation is by no means a certainty with razor thin majorities. Getting it passed would use up alot of political capital that Biden is in very short supply of and I think he has other priorities. Like not dieing.
I don't know about that. A bunch of people stormed the Capitol building.

That bought them the political capitol to enact restrictive legislation :confused::(

Id point out that most gun legislation gets PASSED by republicans. Yes I agree this is bad fo the second amendment but lets see who much traction they get. Remember O'Bama was the greatest gun salesmen in history (up until this year).

Buying something you want now might not be a bad idea but don't go out and panic buy just to panic buy.

Please stay on topic and follow the forums rules, If need be take some time to review them before posting. We have enough to do around here without needless political rants. This site is about firearms and is quite enjoyable as such, please keep it that way lest you be shown the exit, thanks.

The Georgia senate election is over with both Democrats candidates winning. The Democrats have the house, the senate, and the presidency. This is problematic to any gun owners because passing a gun reform bill will be easy and is likely in the future. Based on the information available at this time I'm hesitate to buy any semi auto rifle or handguns over 10 round capacity. Am I overreacting or playing it smart? Only time will tell. Opinions should you buy a gun right now or use a wait and see approach?
The Grinch's neckbeard just grew three times larger.

I would say Buy a gun regardless of who won the election.
I know I'm just a cockeyed optimist but I think/hope/feel/believe the Supreme Court will stifle any serious assaults on the Constitution.
This invasion of the Capitol was a scary wake-up call to all of those public servants, but when they get done wailing, they should also note that other than a couple broken windows and probably some low grade pilferage (pens and stuff) there was no looting, no burning and no vandalism. No statues were torn down and no paintings ripped.
They should be grateful it was MAGAs that marched in their and not some lefty horde
And they should damn well remember who it is that they serve!

Restrictive legislation is by no means a certainty with razor thin majorities. Getting it passed would use up alot of political capital that Biden is in very short supply of and I think he has other priorities.
Lots of truth and rationale to this.

Last Edited:
Well, any reprieve to the panic buying is now far out of sight. That's the only thing I'll predict - anything else seems too far into wild speculation. I'll be keeping what I got and be on the lookout for deals as always...nothing about the current election will encourage me to visit the gun-shop nor discourage it.

My biggest worry would be some sort of AWB, since I dropped some serious coin on a 5-star AR build...but I'm not losing sleep over it...yet...

Mostly people who don't have guns should buy them. learn about them, shoot for the fun of shooting. Cliche but still true - the more people who have a stake in anything the fewer people there are to oppose it.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads