JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is an awesome win for Michael and gun owners in general. I hope the financial restitution not only covers Michael's legal expenses, but covers his counseling as well. With maybe a bit left over to get range supplies…

And good on him for not allowing the local tyrannical governments to run roughshod over his constitutional and civil rights.

Theres been a strong recent push to strip servicemembers of their personal firearms.
I see this lawsuit as an important win that might reset this policy making.

A quote from an article on this subject:
"Among the nearly 130 recommendations in a report last week from the Suicide Prevention and Response Independent Review Committee are: a seven-day waiting period for gun purchases on bases and other Department of Defense property as well as a four-day waiting period for ammunition purchases there, a raise in the minimum age for buying firearms there, from 18 to 25, and the repeal of a 2013 law that bars the military from tracking gun purchases"

Last Edited:
That type of questioning is why people don't seek help. The same thing that happened to him could happen to anyone that admits to their physician thet they may need some type of emotional or mental health assistance.

@bolus hey, it wasn't you, right? :s0140:
Wasnt me because I've given everyone a letter who needed one.

But the local police do the same thing here. If they dont like someone they will insist that they get clearance from a physician to get a firearm permit, even without any history of mental health issues. Since physicians dont usually sign these they know it is a way to control locals they dont like. These are poor locals and use firearms to hunt pigs and dont have the money to get a lawyer and sue the state.

The two I've done for military where one guy that had no firearm restrictions by the military. He was army I believe so had an M4 on base. Hawaii said he could not get a pistol. Makes total sense.

The other guy was diagnosed by the VA as having schizophrenia. He was a iraq vet and had most or all of his platoon killed and he survived. He had nightmares and would occasionally hear the voices of his friends who were killed.

Not only did they diagnosed him wrong ( that not schizophrenia, it is PTSD) they denied him rights because the DOD does not sign any state medical clearance forms under any circumstances.

How about that? Psychiatrist at the VA here does not know the difference between schizophrenia and PTSD and some no-name local primary care doc (me) had to diagnose him and tell him how to get proper treatment.

Because of many reasons I now refuse to accept any patients who are politicians. They can get their healthcare somewhere else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top