JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should you buy a gun right now knowing Biden’s plans?

• No absolutely not.

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Hell Yes you should!

Votes: 134 83.8%
  • Wait and see before purchase another firearm

Votes: 18 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
It's all about CONTROL, by going after Gun Rights, they remove our ability to resist their moves, and further, by creating a new class of felon, we are now at the mercy of THEM that hold the power! They don't care about crime, unless your in competition with them which as gun owners, we are, so, it's game on to them! This is, and always has been about THEM controlling US! Hell, Guns are not even on the radar for control, not until THEY take the next big step toward total control, which would see heavy resistance, now is when the guns become a threat!

I actually believe that had Trump milked a second term, we would all be crying in our beer. The only guns he wants are in the hands of his Palace Guard. He would have defecated on the 2nd faster than a Christmas goose:p

The left is focusing largely on controlling speech at the moment. The civil war 2.0 has begun and social media is front and center is suppressing conservative speech. Conservative leader's accounts are being locked first, then will come the locking of anyone's accounts who supported Trump, then they will begin shutting down forums like this one.

Conservative talk-shows have probably another month or two before they are censored.

The examples of the Left's insatiable desire to silence the opposition are simply too numerous to list and are multiplying every hour.

After they destroy our ability to communicate and organize, that's when they start coming for your assets and property. The GOP leadership has folded and joined the Left to go after Conservatives.

It's getting downright surreal and scary, and I don't see it getting any better.

Every day, when I wake up in a warm soft bed, and have a luxurious hot shower, in my own secure and heated home, I thank God from the bottom of my heart, because these days of comfort and luxury and safety are limited.

As always with questions like this...

Buy what you want , if you can afford it.
( Or more like the case nowdays , buy what is available that you want , if you can afford it....:eek: :D )

I can not say what the future holds....nor do I like the idea of panic buying.
Panic buying is buying because of fear , and fear is a form of control....I do not like to be controlled.
Andy

then they will begin shutting down forums like this one.

After they destroy our ability to communicate and organize, that's when they start coming for your assets and property. The GOP leadership has folded and joined the Left to go after Conservatives.

This forum probably uses servers/cloud that is owned by others that could likely shut it down.

The "communicate and organize" is pretty much already locked up. Every single popular platform will shut you down and ban you immediately. These are platforms that people became familiar with prior to possibly thinking of using them to organize. Now there's no consensus where to go, Parler maybe? I don't see much activity on there, and surely they can get shut down also.

The problem is, how did we organize before the internet? Why aren't we doing that these days? We are ALL drunk on the milk of tech, how to ween from it and it's politically motivated overlords?

Parler maybe
Parler and MeWe are responses to the silencing of dissent. The tighter the grip becomes, the more alternatives will spring up. This is why Facebook etc are asking for themselves to be censored by law. They know they will be helping write the laws, and that those laws will cripple the capability of upstarts to compete.

Parler and MeWe are responses to the silencing of dissent. The tighter the grip becomes, the more alternatives will spring up. This is why Facebook etc are asking for themselves to be censored by law. They know they will be helping write the laws, and that those laws will cripple the capability of upstarts to compete.

When I'm in China, which has intense internet control, there are other ways to circumvent that control, when the "control" isn't from within the platform.

... Now there's no consensus where to go, Parler maybe? I don't see much activity on there, and surely they can get shut down also. ...

I heard Michael Flynn got banned from twitter and is using Parler so I went to check it out. Half his posts have 4 digit numbers of comments, some even 5 digits, and "retweets" and "likes" even higher. I was pretty surprised that there was that much engagement. The twitter purge can only grow Parler numbers.

moreNumbersThanIThought.png

This is a bad thing really -- not bad that Parler exists as a place for the banned to gather -- but bad in the sense that the bans will only further sort Americans into separate echo chambers and without any interaction between these chambers, positions will harden and grow more extreme in each of them.

As for taking Parler offline -- I'm skeptical -- so long as there is some jurisdiction in the world that wants to be a thorn in the side of the Biden admin and the US does not build it's own "Great Firewall", deplatforming Parler would be hard to accomplish.

The NWFA lower that I won in the last NWFA drawing just shipped today. One more "firearm" that was lost/stolen/fell in the ocean, along with the rest of them. They can't confiscate what I don't have.

This forum probably uses servers/cloud that is owned by others that could likely shut it down.

The "communicate and organize" is pretty much already locked up. Every single popular platform will shut you down and ban you immediately. These are platforms that people became familiar with prior to possibly thinking of using them to organize. Now there's no consensus where to go, Parler maybe? I don't see much activity on there, and surely they can get shut down also.

The problem is, how did we organize before the internet? Why aren't we doing that these days? We are ALL drunk on the milk of tech, how to ween from it and it's politically motivated overlords?
Can't organize in the pubs as the founding fathers did, cause the governors have shut them down to save us all from COVID :s0092:

As for taking Parler offline -- I'm skeptical -- so long as there is some jurisdiction in the world that wants to be a thorn in the side of the Biden admin and the US does not build it's own "Great Firewall", deplatforming Parler would be hard to accomplish.

Counterpoint: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/apple-ban-parler-app-store

Although the workaround for Parler is just make it's web app great. Apple won't be banning web browsers any time soon.

Proof? The assault weapons import ban was Bush Sr., abd Ronald Regan said no one needs an Ak 47 and passed the Mulford Act, and current many republican are going along with red flag laws (including the NRA) wake up from your ignorance before they take more from us.
And your point is what? That we should vote Democratic? I'm really getting tired of this shooting ourselves in the foot at every election. Only 50% of gun owners vote in Oregon. If we all voted we'd win every election. But it's falsehoods like yours that keep people who own guns from voting. "They're all crooks", "They're all the same", "Republicans can't be trusted", "Your vote doesn't count", "Republicans are anti-gun", are all excuses to stay uninvolved, because being involved means getting off your bubblegum and doing something. It's much easier to sit on the sidelines and snipe at others than it is to give a damn and act. Take it somewhere else, please.

The twitter purge can only grow Parler numbers.
Yup. Hopefully twitter will continue to manage themselves out of business as they were doing pre-Trump, now that he's out. I'm not into social media as such for a variety of reasons but people who are into it are starting to freak out a bit. Decentralizing it would be great for humanity. Bad for those who want central control of opinion.

Counterpoint: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/apple-ban-parler-app-store

Although the workaround for Parler is just make it's web app great. Apple won't be banning web browsers any time soon.
I lived in China prior to them banning everything.
This all seems like deja vu. I can't believe Americans are complicit with the bans.
Then again, China is Apple's biggest market and it's main manufacturing base, so I shouldn't be surprised:rolleyes:

One thing I noticed from reading posts of gun owners is we're too fractured politically and don't have enough unity to defend our firearms freedoms. If we don't start thinking as one we will never be a force strong enough to be effective.

lol. Morons focus on the imaginary culture war while the economic conditions of everyone but the hyper rich continues to degrade. Many such cases!

With Dems gaining majority, expect to see an even greater disparity.
The rich won't finance lifting the poor up, the middle class will. They'll get stuck with a welfare tax bill.

We have outsourced our jobs, but kept our corporate headquarters in America. That's where the disparity comes from.

One thing I noticed from reading posts of gun owners is we're too fractured politically and don't have enough unity to defend our firearms freedoms. If we don't start thinking as one we will never be a force strong enough to be effective.

I don't think everyone participating in here is a gun owner. I am getting some troll vibes.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads