JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like they have the votes to make you register every sale of your guns. You guys that have nice collections will have to report to the IRS as you sell and the rest of us will have to do a blue form and pay the state. Aren't democrats wonderful and look at all the lives saved just by you paying more tax money.:s0030:

That will make my life so much less fun. I like to trade and try out every new gun I can just so I know I have tried them all and have no doubt what I like. That in Oregon would kill my ability and even desire to do it. Having to pay and deal with all the paperwork will really mess with most folks desire to do it as much as now.

Well if you ask them they are not fools. They believe us "children" need all the rules and regulations they can think of to keep them busy and away from much more important issues.
The more I hear it the more I want to move as well. However I cannot retire yet so I will have to look for a job before I could consider it and come up with a few more reasons so the wife does not just blow the idea off.

Imagine this:

You're somebody on this forum, or some other gun forum, and you love to target shoot or hunt. You're a responsible firearm owner and practice Safety at all times. You hear from forums and in the news that a terrible war is being waged on your 2nd Amendment right, but you're too busy to write and call your legislators to let them know they took an OATH to protect that right. You have bills, like all of us, and figure becoming a member of OFF, the NRA, or some other pro 2A advocacy group takes too much time...and hey, how can your $25-100 make a difference anyway? You succumb to political apathy, and then one day....you head out into the woods with your trusty Savage .22 bolt action rifle. After shooting targets for a bit, a Ranger comes up to you and inspects your firearm...and lo and behold, you have lead ammunition! They take your gun away and give you a fine. Now you won't be able to shoot anymore because lead ammo is 90% of what is sold. And when you do finally save up enough money to buy expensive copper bullets, the shelves are completely empty... Then you think back to all of your actions related to the 2A at this point...did you do enough?

Welcome to gun regisration, lead ammo bans, "high capacity" magazine bans, and any other bubbleguming scheme politicians can dream of to take away YOUR right to the 2A.

I don't know what's worse - the people that elect these folks into office, or the people that don't bother to vote or get involved in the first place. We're only where we are today because of both groups. Don't just thank the anti-gun politicians, thank all those who put them there, knowing full well it would cost the rest of us our freedom. I'm sickened by the whole thing, and very disappointed in my home state :(

It bothers me that for the longest we were not allowed to talk politics on this site. Now we reap the rewards of PC. Once they get a law in it won't be repealed, plus the price for registration will go up. You will be paying the government $25 a background check before too long, yep paying to register your guns so they know where they are...

Thanks democrats:s0124:

Imagine this:

You're somebody on this forum, or some other gun forum, and you love to target shoot or hunt. You're a responsible firearm owner and practice Safety at all times. You hear from forums and in the news that a terrible war is being waged on your 2nd Amendment right, but you're too busy to write and call your legislators to let them know they took an OATH to protect that right. You have bills, like all of us, and figure becoming a member of OFF, the NRA, or some other pro 2A advocacy group takes too much time...and hey, how can your $25-100 make a difference anyway? You succumb to political apathy, and then one day....you head out into the woods with your trusty Savage .22 bolt action rifle. After shooting targets for a bit, a Ranger comes up to you and inspects your firearm...and lo and behold, you have lead ammunition! They take your gun away and give you a fine. Now you won't be able to shoot anymore because lead ammo is 90% of what is sold. And when you do finally save up enough money to buy expensive copper bullets, the shelves are completely empty... Then you think back to all of your actions related to the 2A at this point...did you do enough?

Welcome to gun regisration, lead ammo bans, "high capacity" magazine bans, and any other bubbleguming scheme politicians can dream of to take away YOUR right to the 2A.

Imagine also after hiding his head in the sand politically for so long a guy decides to finally dust off that .22 and go target shooting in the woods with a buddy who has an old rifle or two as well.
You are passing your guns back and forth shooting and having a good time when up drives a Ranger. He asks who owns the Mini-14 ? The guy holding the Mini-14 points to his buddy and says it's not mine it's his, why?

The Ranger orders the pair to lay down the weapons. As he's arresting them he explains it's a felony to temporarily transfer weapons when not an approved target range! The spot in the woods they were shooting although somehow still one of the rare few places left was legal, but passing the guns back and forth there was not!
Ignorance of the Law is no excuse.

Last Edited:
Yep, I am done. I won't knowingly buy from or sell to a Democrat. Any add I am interested in I will ask what party they are with. If they say democrat then I will move on. No sense in giving people money that vote away my rights.o_O

Just look at the handful of guys that posted on the recent "OR Senate Bill 941 - UBC started by Norm0931"!

Mostly the same Avatars over and over again. On Legal Political Gun issues most of the people on this forum seem to think we have nothing to fight for or worry about.

With apathy like this we'll be lucky to be allowed a bolt .22 and maybe a single action revolver in a few years here in OR.

Of course the gangsters thugs and punks will obtain and use whatever firepower they can afford to buy off the streets or steal!
Pathetic as it is it's what the people of Oregon Voted for, or allowed by not voting or paying attention.

Its preaching to the choir here though.

I hate the two party system. Its like getting cable TV. perhaps I want ESPN, well I have to get all the other crap TV stations as well. Same with the political parties. If you vote one way, then you have to accept all the other crap they want too.

More I think about it I won't do business in Portland again. No way I will pay to have my gun rights trampled on. Time to vote with the wallet.o_O

It bothers me that for the longest we were not allowed to talk politics on this site. Now we reap the rewards of PC. Once they get a law in it won't be repealed, plus the price for registration will go up. You will be paying the government $25 a background check before too long, yep paying to register your guns so they know where they are...

Thanks democrats:s0124:
Don't blame the Democrats, or even gun owning Democrats, they are what they are and probably always will be no matter what.
I blame the people who in theory agree that one side has been in power too long and don't want any more of our rights disappearing yet refuse to vote!
I've talked in person to MANY shooters who bubblegum about the recent ammo shortage or the cost of gas to go out and shoot in whatever spots are left us or some new Law or Tax they hate.

They always seem surprised/annoyed?, when you tell them that it isn't fate or an accident that causes these and many of the other ills in this State. It's the Elected Officials we the people, (and the Unions:mad:) put in Office.

It can't be any easier, we pencil in the bubble and mail in a ballot. Yet countless (mostly young) seemingly conservative hard working people I talk to won't Vote or worse have their parent do it for them!!!!!

I just don't understand and now here we are, another asinine Law about to be passed that most of these Non-Voters will not even know about until they are unlucky enough to get caught doing an illegal transfer that they were ignorant of.:s0054:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top