JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was telling of that type of people, I am in no way, shape or form any of those people. I never voted D!!!:eek: EVER!!!!

:D:s0140: You took the rhetorical question wrong cause the was no emotioncon with the question. I know you are not a democrat but suspect you have realitives that are. Where were you in 1957 March 1st at 10am?:D

No hostility, I just have a problem deciding what I'm going to pack to the river...:p Most people cant decide what they will wear to work........:eek:

Well after seeing the pictures of the big fish you catch might I suggest something to keep the thieves away, both two legged and four legged.:D Those were your pictures right? I mean you wouldn't post somebody else's fish as yours would you?:D:D My stinking brother did that with a big shark I caught, had pictures of himself with my fish.o_O

Well after seeing the pictures of the big fish you catch might I suggest something to keep the thieves away, both two legged and four legged.:D Those were your pictures right? I mean you wouldn't post somebody else's fish as yours would you?:D:D My stinking brother did that with a big shark I caught, had pictures of himself with my fish.o_O

All mine Bro, I do actually let those that come for a boat ride reel in a few though, if not the quit talking and pout in the bow!!!!! SEE..... but they don't always have to be big, they just have to taste good.....

:s0128: Dang people just ain't got their priorities in the right place!!!!

IMGP0224.JPG

IMGP0227.JPG

All mine Bro, I do actually let those that come for a boat ride reel in a few though, if not the quit talking and pout in the bow!!!!! SEE..... but they don't always have to be big, they just have to taste good.....

:s0128: Dang people just ain't got their priorities in the right place!!!!

Looks like Wallowa lake in Eastern Oregon, fish about the same size too. Yep time to get out there and drown a worm.:D

The topic is democrats and gun controls, while other social issues seem to always get in the way this is not a thread about them. I picked your post as you have nothing to say about gun controls in it and some of the other posters are doing the same. Please keep this about gun control, I could care less about the social issues.o_O

I wrote what I wrote for a very specific reason. You see, other posters have been castigating people for voting Dem. What I tried (and perhaps failed) to do was illustrate that for lots of people, those social issues ARE just as important as their 2A rights.
I've had the conversation with people repeatedly and hear the agony in their voice as they have to choose between someone who despises everything about them (gay) and wants to treat them as a second-class citizen and someone who despises their 2A rights (Dem) , but doesn't care who they have sex with or marry.

That's a Hell of a position to be in. And the failure of some posters to realize that this affects who we get in office tells me a lot.

We've become very polarized in the last 20 years. I desperately want for 2A to be treated as a completely non-partisan issue. It's not a liberal or a conservative issue. It's a freedom issue. Something that both social liberals and social conservatives SHOULD be able to get behind. Because you're right, gay rights, abortions etc have nothing to do with your human right to self-defense and the MEANS to that defense.

But look at this thread again and people are being castigated for not putting their 2A rights before OTHER rights, that TO THEM are every bit as important. that's the result of this stupid Dem/Rep. divide on guns.

I would much rather see us educate ignorant Dems (Because "true believers" in gun control are a minority even among Dems) than just give up and settle for voting for Reps. because they support gun rights.

The problem, as I stated previously, is urbanization and ignorance. Dems hold the power in urban areas in most of the USA. They do that by concentrating on the social/economic issues that are front and center to those constituencies. GUN CONTROL is a distant 10th place on most of these people's agendas. And they have it because "everyone knows" guns=crime. And in their circle, that's all they DO "know." Even though it's wrong.

You can convert the most liberal person in the world to a pro-2A position. I've done it, more than once. But we seem to have gotten away from that and distracted by party affiliation. I personally would rather educate our "enemies" and turn them into at least partial "allies" then just give up and be forced to forever vote one-party tickets. This is the ONLY strategy that is going to save us in the long term. The right-wing social issues the Reps have surrounded themselves with are NOT long-term winners. So we'd damned well better have a lot of DEM allies or we will be SOL sooner or later no matter HOW we vote. And it's a lot more true in Ore ATM than it is in WA just based on geography and population density. WA will be in the same boat very soon.

We MUST find a way to make gun-rights a bi-partisan issue. And merely bashing people who have very serious moral qualms about voting for the guys who support the right that's front and center to ME is not a good way to go about that.

And FWIW, I consider myself to be a pretty conservative guy. I just don't go in for all the GoP social-issues stuff because I see it as pandering to a generation rapidly fading away and religious people for votes. I personally don't give a rip about that atuff. I'm about low-taxes and low regulation and small government. Something the GoP USED to put front and center. The party has changed a lot. It's old base from the 70s is mostly gone. I've never been a Dem. But I see why a lot of former Repubs have switched to true independents. And they vote for the pro gun-control Dems because of all those other issues. THAT's why we have to reach out and fix the Dems. Cause I don't want to hitch my star 2A-wise to one party that I see rapidly fading into the distance as demographics and changing social mores leave them behind.

That's why all that social issue stuff MATTERS to 2A rights. Because that stuff changes people's votes to a party that ATM opposes 2A pretty universally. I propose BOTH (for the moment) voting GOP AND changing Dems minds. I don't frankly see we have a lot of choice unless we're prepared to lose.

Those were definitely Jim's Fish :)
Fish seriously are not safe with him around, They do end up on his hook :D

I wrote what I wrote for a very specific reason. You see, other posters have been castigating people for voting Dem. What I tried (and perhaps failed) to do was illustrate that for lots of people, those social issues ARE just as important as their 2A rights.
I've had the conversation with people repeatedly and hear the agony in their voice as they have to choose between someone who despises everything about them (gay) and wants to treat them as a second-class citizen and someone who despises their 2A rights (Dem) , but doesn't care who they have sex with or marry.

That's a Hell of a position to be in. And the failure of some posters to realize that this affects who we get in office tells me a lot.

We've become very polarized in the last 20 years. I desperately want for 2A to be treated as a completely non-partisan issue. It's not a liberal or a conservative issue. It's a freedom issue. Something that both social liberals and social conservatives SHOULD be able to get behind. Because you're right, gay rights, abortions etc have nothing to do with your human right to self-defense and the MEANS to that defense.

But look at this thread again and people are being castigated for not putting their 2A rights before OTHER rights, that TO THEM are every bit as important. that's the result of this stupid Dem/Rep. divide on guns.

I would much rather see us educate ignorant Dems (Because "true believers" in gun control are a minority even among Dems) than just give up and settle for voting for Reps. because they support gun rights.

The problem, as I stated previously, is urbanization and ignorance. Dems hold the power in urban areas in most of the USA. They do that by concentrating on the social/economic issues that are front and center to those constituencies. GUN CONTROL is a distant 10th place on most of these people's agendas. And they have it because "everyone knows" guns=crime. And in their circle, that's all they DO "know." Even though it's wrong.

You can convert the most liberal person in the world to a pro-2A position. I've done it, more than once. But we seem to have gotten away from that and distracted by party affiliation. I personally would rather educate our "enemies" and turn them into at least partial "allies" then just give up and be forced to forever vote one-party tickets. This is the ONLY strategy that is going to save us in the long term. The right-wing social issues the Reps have surrounded themselves with are NOT long-term winners. So we'd damned well better have a lot of DEM allies or we will be SOL sooner or later no matter HOW we vote. And it's a lot more true in Ore ATM than it is in WA just based on geography and population density. WA will be in the same boat very soon.

We MUST find a way to make gun-rights a bi-partisan issue. And merely bashing people who have very serious moral qualms about voting for the guys who support the right that's front and center to ME is not a good way to go about that.

And FWIW, I consider myself to be a pretty conservative guy. I just don't go in for all the GoP social-issues stuff because I see it as pandering to a generation rapidly fading away and religious people for votes. I personally don't give a rip about that atuff. I'm about low-taxes and low regulation and small government. Something the GoP USED to put front and center. The party has changed a lot. It's old base from the 70s is mostly gone. I've never been a Dem. But I see why a lot of former Repubs have switched to true independents. And they vote for the pro gun-control Dems because of all those other issues. THAT's why we have to reach out and fix the Dems. Cause I don't want to hitch my star 2A-wise to one party that I see rapidly fading into the distance as demographics and changing social mores leave them behind.

That's why all that social issue stuff MATTERS to 2A rights. Because that stuff changes people's votes to a party that ATM opposes 2A pretty universally. I propose BOTH (for the moment) voting GOP AND changing Dems minds. I don't frankly see we have a lot of choice unless we're prepared to lose.

I decided since it's more important to talk social issues than save your life issues for Democrats the thread may as well be about fishing. Seems foolish they give up their right to self defense in order to promote their social issues but soon they will have to live under the laws they promote.o_O

Gays represent like 2.9 % of the populace , when posters make it seem as if they are a 25% voting block (with 75% of the populace fully on board with every LGBT social justice seeking issue ) I get a little rattled, and if folks think an unfettered back yard pot grow or their ability to be molested by a Male midget Prostitute in their bedroom or their 14 year old Granddaughters right to get a third trimester abortion without having to tell Parents/Family or the Police about her 29 year old Boyfriend/Baby Daddy without the Christian Fundy Jackbooted Government Morality Police Squad interfering is as Important as 2A/RTKBA I get the feeling we are sunk as Gun Owners & Firearms enthusiasts , and better cling even tighter to our Guns & Bibles ... :eek:"Fix the Dems" o_O

I get a little rattled, and if folks think an unfettered back yard pot grow or their ability to be molested by a Male midget Prostitute in their bedroom or their 14 year old Granddaughters right to get a third trimester abortion without having to tell Parents/Family or the Police about her 29 year old Boyfriend/Baby Daddy

Where do you come up with this crap? I mean really?

" Where do you come up with this crap? I mean really? "

I suppose "Gator" could have gotten hold of a copy of the DNC's Easter Bunny "wish list" ??

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads