JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where am I lost? All I see is you guys jumping to conclusions not actually reading what I'm writing. I clearly stated that I don't always vote for oneside over the other. I also wont vote for anyone that's a sexist, racist, homophobic begots. You can deny facts all you want. I also never said that most dems are not guilty of some of your claims.
Read your last sentence. General to the point of being nonsensical. Voting for the progressive liberals who claim to be Democrats simply means you are willing to abrogate your rights as an individual to those who think they know how you should live every moment of your life.
Brutus out

Read your last sentence. General to the point of being nonsensical. Voting for the progressive liberals who claim to be Democrats simply means you are willing to abrogate your rights as an individual to those who think they know how you should live every moment of your life.
Brutus out
Again for the last time I clearly stated that I don't vote ONLY ONE WAY. How are Republicans telling me what I can and can't do in my bedroom any different? Before you try to point something out you should read what they said.

Again for the last time I clearly stated that I don't vote ONLY ONE WAY. How are Republicans telling me what I can and can't do in my bedroom any different? Before you try to point something out you should read what they said.

What are you doing with a Republican in your bedroom?:D Seems you have a fear of a monster under the bed. When is the last time any republican was going through bedrooms telling people what they can and can't do? Do you even see how senseless your point is?

If you voted smart it would never come to that...o_O
guns are legal right now and eleven thousand people die every year. but to be fair violent crime is down about 75 percent since the ninety's. your problem is you jump to conclusions I clearly stated that I don't just vote for Democrats or Republicans but there are certain politicians I will never vote for. because I actually do this funny thing and read on their policies.

What are you doing with a Republican in your bedroom?:D Seems you have a fear of a monster under the bed. When is the last time any republican was going through bedrooms telling people what they can and can't do? Do you even see how senseless your point is?
you can't go one day without listening to some Republican trying to pass some retarded law about gay marriage, birth control or some states trying to past sodomy laws. either you're really really stupid or really blind to what going on in this world.

If what you are doing in your bedroom doesn't involve children, animals or blood relatives you're legal and that won't change in any ones lifetime.

The only abortion/contraceptive debate I'm seeing is will the Govt' force taxpayers to pay for them?

You're all bent out of shape if someone doesn't agree with your bedroom habits because of their Religion?
Or you're all bent out of shape about the biggest civil rights issue of this decade, Gay wedding Cakes?
Who cares.
If I was gay I'd go to another bakery and vote for the Party that will stop trying to take away my gun rights.

The Dem/progressives are the worse bigots IMO. They use scare tactics on gays, women and minorities for votes and have practiced the politics of low expectations on Blacks for decades. These political strategies have caused more suffering and held the Black race back more than the Church or other bigot stereotype scapegoats you seem focused on.

With the absence of a viable Libertarian or other 3rd party, all we can do is try to keep one side from holding power for too long lest they get Tyrannical! My State, Oregon needs some serious re-balancing or we are going to lose our guns and some more of our freedoms I'm afraid!
I've looked at all the issues and options and I've been Voting Republican lately.

Last Edited:
you can't go one day without listening to some Republican trying to pass some retarded law about gay marriage, birth control or some states trying to past sodomy laws. either you're really really stupid or really blind to what going on in this world.

You sound a bit intolerant with language like that.
Anyway, the Dems have their fanatics too, they just don't get the media coverage the Republicans seem to enjoy when they screw up.

Maybe when you get to be part of the USA you can own a machinegun.:D Not legal in Washington because of all the democrats.o_O
Shooting a m4 wasn't really any more fun then shooting my ar15. I did like shooting the HK ump 45. My understanding of the law no where in the US can you own any new assault rifle. unless you are police, military or a FFL dealer. My understanding is that the machine gun part had to been manufactured before 84?

Shooting a m4 wasn't really any more fun then shooting my ar15. I did like shooting the HK ump 45. My understanding of the law no where in the US can you own any new assault rifle. unless you are police, military or a FFL dealer. My understanding is that the machine gun part had to been manufactured before 84?

Wouldn't matter if you did like full auto cause you can't own one in Washington state. Thank your democrat friends.:D

174.jpg
Mental Health Services | Sheriff's Office | Forced Release Report | Who Patrols My Area? | SUBSCRIBE

S.gif
SB 941.

1. I am concerned criminals will get around the new law by accessing firearms another way. For more than a few criminals, the threat of a misdemeanor criminal charge will not be a significant deterrent.
  2. The law will be onerous for law abiding citizens with layers of new requirements. Many Oregonians are serious sport shooters, hunters and collectors. Frequently and with great care, they buy, sell and trade firearms with each other. I am concerned this law could create crimes and criminals out of otherwise law abiding people. Also, it's unclear what priority prosecutors and stressed court systems will place on charging people who have no prior criminal record for an unauthorized gun transfer under this new law.
  3. I am concerned that much of this law will be unenforceable. It's unclear how law enforcement will learn of unauthorized transfers, and in many cases it will be very challenging to disprove a claim that a transfer was temporary in nature and therefore authorized. Laws that are largely unenforceable diminish respect for the law in general, which we do not need in today's environment.
  4. I am concerned how the State plans to account for the fiscal impact and increased pressure on the current background check system. The State's background system is already heavily burdened, and additional requests could significantly slow the system further, unless additional funds are provided to bolster capacity.
The Oregon State Sheriff's Association will offer written testimony at the hearing tomorrow, Wednesday, April 1. (Visit www.oregonsheriffs.org tomorrow to read it.) Clearly, if you have strong feelings, you are encouraged to contact your legislators directly.
In the bigger picture this session, I appreciate the legislature's work to provide ongoing and additional mental health investments for local communities. I believe those investments go much further to serve people in mental health crisis and reduce gun violence.

Finally, I understand some of you will have different views on SB 941, but as your elected Sheriff, I want to do my best to communicate my position and the reasoning behind it.

Sincerely,

91.jpg

Sheriff Pat Garrett

Last edited by a moderator:
Republicans aren't telling you what you can do in your own bedroom. Another broad brush approach by you. Republicans are defending what marriage Is. Marriage was defined by the Bible as between a man and a woman. By definition man and woman. Feel free to civil union with whatever or whomever you want but don't call it marriage because it isn't. A duck is not a turkey no matter how long and loud a liberal screeches it is. The problem with the Dems on a national level is most are unwillingly to compromise on anything, especially their ignorant view of the 2nd Amendment and even the 1st now. They resort to juvenile name calling because their arguments lack substance and most often an actual honest representation of the issue. Virtually all the mass shootings would not have been stopped by a UBC
and yet the anti gunners swear they would have been and will be. Consider ceasing to defend the indefensible...it will lower your blood pressure.

Brutus out

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR