JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He got $1,500 in restitution so now he is sue happy - classic trailer trash.

Or maybe he wanted to make sure that the bar didn't reopen.

If it was some anonymous person going into a bar where they didn't know him, then...

But the bar was owned by his grandmother who surely knew of his reputation.

I have no sympathy for enablers of drunks.

Think of it this way - if someone killed your dog during a drunken rage, would you go after the people responsible as much as possible?

john-wick-1.jpg

According to blue state politicians, I should go after Ruger and Magpul. That is, unless I ran over your dog. Then Jack Daniels and Ford are safe and I am at fault.
Either way, don't kill my best friend.

Unfortunately it is. Always something crazy going on in CJ.

I grew up near Galice. Even us folk in Galice would raise eyebrows over the stuff that went on over the ridge in Cave Junction and Takilma, and don't even get us started about Selma.

E

Or maybe he wanted to make sure that the bar didn't reopen.

If it was some anonymous person going into a bar where they didn't know him, then...

But the bar was owned by his grandmother who surely knew of his reputation.

I have no sympathy for enablers of drunks.

Think of it this way - if someone killed your dog during a drunken rage, would you go after the people responsible as much as possible?

View attachment 597547

The person responsible is the person who did it. He got drunk, he shot his neighbor up. Nobody else. Lawsuits like this are horse bubblegum. What happened to personal accountability?

The person responsible is the person who did it. He got drunk, he shot his neighbor up. Nobody else. Lawsuits like this are horse bubblegum. What happened to personal accountability?

Not contributing factors?

Sure the guy was mostly responsible and he got ten years in prison for it - but someone else was giving him booze, knowing what he was like when he got drunk. Hence the liability. If someone was totally drunk and you gave him the keys to your car, would you not think that you were at least partially liable if he got in a crash and killed someone?

Sure the guy was mostly responsible and he got ten years in prison for it - but someone else was giving him booze, knowing what he was like when he got drunk. Hence the liability. If someone was totally drunk and you gave him the keys to your car, would you not think that you were at least partially liable if he got in a crash and killed someone?

Drunks are drunks.

Guy in high school- after a fight over giving him the keys, next time I disabled his car (pulled his plug wires). He wasn't invited after that, and was turned away when showed up.

Super nice guy if not drunk.

The rest of us were reasonable & responsible, didn't drink to drunk (mostly). Designated drivers and called cabs.

Not difficult to be responsible, just takes thinking. And not much at that.

Nobody gave him keys or handed him a gun. He was drinking (allegedly) at his families bar. Nobody was giving him booze. HE was consuming booze. Even if it was served to him, HE was drinking. To make the case that he was over served (BS law IMO), it would have to be provable that he showed signs of intoxication and was still served more.

Knowing that the guy is an A hole and serving him isn't a factor in determining liability.

Nobody gave him keys or handed him a gun. He was drinking (allegedly) at his families bar. Nobody was giving him booze. HE was consuming booze. Even if it was served to him, HE was drinking. To make the case that he was over served (BS law IMO), it would have to be provable that he showed signs of intoxication and was still served more.

Knowing that the guy is an A hole and serving him isn't a factor in determining liability.

His grandmother served him booze all day. Surely she knew what he was like when he got drunk; the whole community did. People like that don't live in a vacuum - everybody around them knows what they are like because they have seen it before. BTDT.

His grandmother served him booze all day. Surely she knew what he was like when he got drunk; the whole community did. People like that don't live in a vacuum - everybody around them knows what they are like because they have seen it before. BTDT.

Even if that's true, that's not a factor in determining liability for over serving. In WA, the person has to be clearly intoxicated and still served more. I would assume its similar in OR. The guy being a POS isn't a factor.

Even if that's true, that's not a factor in determining liability for over serving. In WA, the person has to be clearly intoxicated and still served more. I would assume its similar in OR. The guy being a POS isn't a factor.

He was a known problem drinker. He had been drinking all day.

I understand responsibility and I agree that he was responsible; I am not trying to say he wasn't. I am glad he was held responsible. I am just saying that I think other people had contributory liability.

I think the bigger issue unaddressed is why while the guy was popping off his AK, shot and hit the neighbor and his dog and there wasn't return fire. That to me is the more confusing part of the situation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top