JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone received an instant approval today? Or even yesterday?
I was curious, so I figured I would try my luck with a aero lower at the local gun store. Ended out picking out two, and got an instant approval. I don't have a chl & not a federal agent, so I can attest that there are still instant approvals.

I was curious, so I figured I would try my luck with a aero lower at the local gun store. Ended out picking out two, and got an instant approval. I don't have a chl & not a federal agent, so I can attest that there are still instant approvals.
Instants are still happening, if you're lucky enough to get one; but OSP isn't doing much (if anything at all) to work through the backlog in the queue.

Yep the queue has definitely stalled. I'm at 12591 in the queue with my CHL. Entered yesterday at about 11am and have not moved at all. Good thing I am also the FFL so I will just release my gun to myself after the required time.
its my understanding that its too late for that unless the judge gives another TRO on Tuesday. last day being 9th. 3 days then being 10,11,12. good to go on 13th.if not TRO the 3 day rule will be illegal on 13th.

Current backlog is extending as after 30 days, they all have to be resubmitted...
which a lot of places won't do and just cancel your order. that is what will happen to me if I dont clear in 8 days. I still 534. it would take one day for osp to clear me but they not doing anything cause all these shops calling people in. they should just disconnect their phone lines and process the que.

which a lot of places won't do and just cancel your order. that is what will happen to me if I dont clear in 8 days. I still 534. it would take one day for osp to clear me but they not doing anything cause all these shops calling people in. they should just disconnect their phone lines and process the que.
The phone lines are still needed for special cases plus computer submission issues and more...

With the backlog, in the system, it's an almost guarantee you won't get your purchase...

Calling in is not easy, at best over the course of 14hrs, a single phone calling in will get , maybe 4 calls given the hold time, and 1-2 of those will be hung up on automatically after 3.5hrs on hold...

They have something like 3 times the personal now, and they still can barely move the line, why wish that no one can get their firearms by disconnecting their phones...

Not many shops are calling them in. Worst time of the day, there is at most, about 110 people calling them in, most of the time only about 60.

Someone posted osp is capable of 8k plus checks a week before their increased personal... if they could actually process even at that speed, then perhaps the phone calls in would not be needed as much...

The phone lines are still needed for special cases plus computer submission issues and more...

With the backlog, in the system, it's an almost guarantee you won't get your purchase...

Calling in is not easy, at best over the course of 14hrs, a single phone calling in will get , maybe 4 calls given the hold time, and 1-2 of those will be hung up on automatically after 3.5hrs on hold...

They have something like 3 times the personal now, and they still can barely move the line, why wish that no one can get their firearms by disconnecting their phones...

Not many shops are calling them in. Worst time of the day, there is at most, about 110 people calling them in, most of the time only about 60.

Someone posted osp is capable of 8k plus checks a week before their increased personal... if they could actually process even at that speed, then perhaps the phone calls in would not be needed as much...
yes that is what they for but its not what they being used for. shops are using it for every transfer. hundreds a a day. its using up all the personal osp has so we dont see any progress on the que 37,000 people cause some people show up 3 weeks later and get their shops to call in for them.
some shops are operating 10-20 phones at a time.
cause they should be working on the people who submitted their bgc weeks ago not people doing it today. I see lots of shops and people talking about shops doing it. people getting multiple orders called in over multiple days. while people like me are at stand still who submitted weeks ago. osp said phones are foe 18-21 olds and other special cases not as a fast track to skip the wait line. so they should stick by that they shouldn't be stopping the que of 37,000 people to take phone calls. its ridicouss.

I imagine phone calls take lot longer to do than computer ones. first they have to find you customer in the long list of forms. rather then having one pop up infant of them, do it have another pop up.

from sounds of it besides my area and big box stores most shops are doing it now. osp was able to do 200-700 a day based on my tracking them every day for 3 weeks. this dropped to 0 right around time shops started doing their phone calls. all it would take is shops calling in 200 bgc a day for no progress to happen in the que.i see least 50 people day commenting on various social media about how they went in had shop call and got their gun same day, those are just eh ones sharing, easily could be 200+ day having this happen. I have no other option but to sit and watch as my ability to get gun slowly fades away. ive been 534 for last 3 days soon to be 4. really sucks to see others bypass me and brag about it daily.

yes that is what they for but its not what they being used for. shops are using it for every transfer. hundreds a a day. its using up all the personal osp has so we dont see any progress on the que 37,000 people cause some people show up 3 weeks later and get their shops to call in for them.
cause they should be working on the people who submitted their bgc weeks ago not people doing it today. I see lots of shops and people talking about shops doing it. people getting multiple orders called in over multiple days. while people like me are at stand still who submitted weeks ago. osp said phones are foe 18-21 olds and other special cases not as a fast track to skip the wait line. so they should stick by that they shouldn't be stopping the que of 37,000 people to take phone calls. its ridicouss.

I imagine phone calls take lot longer to do than computer ones. first they have to find you customer in the long list of forms. rather then having one pop up infant of them, do it have another pop up.

from sounds of it besides my area and big box stores most shops are doing it now. osp was able to do 200-700 a day based on my tracking them every day for 3 weeks. this dropped to 0 right around time shops started doing their phone calls. all it would take is shops calling in 200 bgc a day for no progress to happen in the que.i see least 50 people day commenting on various social media about how they went in had shop call and got their gun same day, those are just eh ones sharing, easily could be 200+ day having this happen. I have no other option but to sit and watch as my ability to get gun slowly fades away. ive been 534 for last 3 days soon to be 4. really sucks to see others bypass me and brag about it daily.
Even if they are doing 200 a day by phone, when OSP with their regular crew was doing 8k a week, 200 a day 7 days a week is only 1400 and with their work force about 3 times what it used to be, what is OSP doing then?

Where is the other 6.6k background a week, especially with 3 times the workers doing background checks...

There's more going on right now than phone BGC's clogging up the queue, taking all the OSP resources.
OSP can and has done both simultaneously to the tune of many thousands a week in the past.
OSP is significantly throttling their output.

I had to call in a background check 11/23 for a 19 year old customer osp said three day delay and to this very minute has still not been approved. That instance and several other times i have called i have waited on hold 4 plus hours. This system has no ryme or reason at all. Meanwhile a customer with a very generic last name and born in tokyo got instant approval 🤣 even the bs osp tells people makes no sense. Such as the unique last names bs.. its a guessing game and anyone who thinks different is full of it..

Your FFL should have been able to release your firearm under three day rule, by now?

I had to call in a background check 11/23 for a 19 year old customer osp said three day delay and to this very minute has still not been approved. That instance and several other times i have called i have waited on hold 4 plus hours. This system has no ryme or reason at all. Meanwhile a customer with a very generic last name and born in tokyo got instant approval 🤣 even the bs osp tells people makes no sense. Such as the unique last names bs.. its a guessing game and anyone who thinks different is full of it..
I have seen numerous foreign born applicants get instant approvals.

They cannot disconnect their phone lines because the feds now require an enhanced background check on anyone under 21. It's a big conspiracy..😉

Even if they are doing 200 a day by phone, when OSP with their regular crew was doing 8k a week, 200 a day 7 days a week is only 1400 and with their work force about 3 times what it used to be, what is OSP doing then?

Where is the other 6.6k background a week, especially with 3 times the workers doing background checks...
you seem to not be understanding what I'm saying. what they should be able to do doesn't matter. over week prior to this there did 238, 200, 140. so if they end up doing 200ish phones a day they aren't doing any in que which is exactly what's happening. they stopped doing any in the que right at same time shops and people said they were just calling in bgc. one theory was osp was told to stop doing any but since they doing 200ish pone calls a day that doesn't hold true or they'd ignore the calls. so all that is left is they pulled everyone off to answer phones.

There's more going on right now than phone BGC's clogging up the queue, taking all the OSP resources.
OSP can and has done both simultaneously to the tune of many thousands a week in the past.
OSP is significantly throttling their output.
they've never had one shop doing 20 calls at once then times that by 100s of shops doin it. if just 10 shops are doing that that's 200 phone calls alone. if its 50 shops that's 1000 phone calls. I doubt they can handle doing 1000 phoned in bgc per day. those shops immediately redial osp on each phone after they complete the bgc. so it's likely higher. I'm actually surprised the whole phone system for osp hasn't collapsed. I remember other Oregon gov phones systems going down completely with far less traffic. so I dont think osp can handle it. they couldn't hardly do over 500 a day days prior to stopping completely add in thousands of phone calls all at once. they only have a total of 32 staff for everything from what I read of their summary from last year. so they likely choose to deal with incoming calls then dealing with the 37,000 in que. all we know is for 3-4 days no one in que has been processed or moved while they handing hundreds of phone in bgc quickly.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top