JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good on ya Andy!!!
My Dad was special forces, green beret & airborne. As a child I'd watch with amazement at all the jumpers at Ft. Bragg, just amazed that my dad had the balls to do such a feat.
I was and still am proud of EVERY man that has the intestinal fortitude to achieve the most badazzed training many cower to even thinkle of.;)

Thank you Jim.
I would have like to have gone Special Forces ... but that wasn't in the cards.
The toughest school I went to was Ranger School .
The most intense course was S.E.R.E School .
Neither are for the faint of heart.
That being said , no matter your MOS or what training you get , its all hard at times.
Andy

Last Edited:
Every one knows the Navy is the service of the real heartbreakers and life takers...:rolleyes:
I honor those who served in combat, period. To me, at the end of the day if you swore the oath and got a DD-214 then you are a vet. Serving to me was privilege and like previously posted....folks who wrote a blank check to the USA did something special. And some are dirtbags and shyte birds just like some of the folks in the society they defend and come from.

To me, at the end of the day we are all Americans and that should be what defines us. That said it is about mutual respect. The pay off for all those push ups I did in the black hole in the Rose Garden? 5% off at Cabela's!!!!:D
I laugh my butt off at Art-15 Mat Best Rap battles, sure i root for the Navy and Marines in those but also wholeheartedly know every service is a big cog in our mighty war machine whether it's using a bayonet, death from above or below, or Coasties interdicting drugs and saving lives.

Brutus Out

Thank you Jim.
i would have like to have gone Special Forces ... but that wasn't in the cards.
That being said , no matter your MOS or what training you get , its all hard at times.
Andy

Bless you, Andy! Thank God you served. I love all of my brothers and sisters. (When it comes right down to it we're blood, aren't we)? We all took a blood oath for this nation.

I refuse to even consider such a comment by someone who has NO bubblegumING CLUE what it takes to serve, regardless of your specialty, when you served and where you served.

It doesn't matter what your job was, if they needed you to pick up a rifle, you were ordered to pick up a rifle and march towards the gunfire. There aren't many of them left but any Marine who made the initial landings on Guadacanal can attest to that fact. Those who have not served will never understand the discipline needed, and exhibited to this day by our men and women in uniform, to follow orders which may lead to you making the ultimate sacrifice.

For all you vets our there, Thank You For Your Service. As for me, I feel honored to have had the opportunity to serve my country and no internet researching libtard's comments on what being a veteran means will mean a damn thing to me.

Awesome response and spot on. Thank you.
I always mention this to the people that have not served and could care less about our plight and choice to serve.

Those who have never served will never know the true meaning of sacrifice.

Thank you Jim.
I would have like to have gone Special Forces ... but that wasn't in the cards.
Andy

Your welcomed Andy. I got a Ranger certificate in basic training for running 50 extra miles than normal. It was the only thing remotely close to an elite status in my short career.
Unless it is deemed elite to spend 2 months at Ft. Logan, Colorado preforming burial duty and folding flags for the families of deceased soldiers. Now that duty was VERY humbling to me and I took it to heart and soul every time I was called upon to preform.

Caveman Jim,

Old, fat, vet comes to attention and hand salutes. You performed a very selfless service, sir.

Last Edited:
To the OP, this is why everyone on the internet is an operator and or no one will pay any mind to someone who touts himself otherwise.

God bless all you bastards, one and all.. whatever you did, you served!

Your welcomed Andy. I got a Ranger certificate in basic training for running 50 extra miles than normal. It was the only thing remotely close to an elite status in my short career.
Unless it is deemed elite to spend 2 months at Ft. Logan, Colorado preforming burial duty and folding flags for the families of deceased soldiers. Now that duty was VERY humbling to me and I took it to heart and soul every time I was called upon to preform.

Jim, Burial duty and folding flags for the family of deceased soldiers, sailors, airmen. Nothing could be more humbling and painful. Those that could keep a dry eye while performing such duties either have no heart, or they do not understand the ultimate sacrifice. I know that you did.

Blessings, upon you my brother, blessings!

That guy sounds like an Azzclown.

As someone who didn't serve my country I respect all those who did. Whether you worked in a mailroom or got in the ish downrange your a Veteran and you deserve America's un-dying gratitude.

I look a Vets like true Americans. I look at combat Vets like frickin super heroes.

And I pray for them often. May God bless them and help them find peace.

On Okinawa it was quite the treat to go Cadena and eat in the mess hall. Darn near like a real restaurant. Great food. Only got down there a couple of times.:(

An old tale of my buddies misspent youth! My three best friends, after high school, decided to join the Marines on the buddy system.
That meaning they would at least be together through Boot Camp!
After training, one was sent to Marine "instant NCO" school and survived some blazing combat in Vietnam.
One was sent to San Diego as a shipboard Corpsman! 8:00 to 5:00 hours, and weekends off! He never left port!

Guess what? He's not the lucky one!

Mike, the last of them was a big, muscular, well spoken and really handsome guy!
He was sent to Okinawa to be the life guard at the junior officers club swimming pool! WHAAAAT?!?! What the heck kind of MOS would that be? Junior dependent inspector?
Not that amazing a story, but it's always ticketed me, and Blackhawk's post reminded me! :)

BTW, they all returned safely with honorable discharges! Glen even won a couple of medals for valor! Thanks for listening!

Last Edited:
I did some funeral ceremonies and was pall bearer during a repatriation of remains from Viet Nam back in the early '90s while stationed at Pearl Harbor. The experiences were very humbling.

Agreed. My time in the U.S.A.F Honor Guard was very humbling. Performing a 21 gun salute with the M1-garand for Soldiers & Airmen that served before me was something we all took great pride in. God Speed Sir's.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top