JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know why, but a P38 reminds m of a Meal, Combat, Individual, Ham and Lima Beans. If you got past the smell and the taste, the after effects were terrible. It was a capital offense to eat a can of those on a tank crew!

Yeah! I never saw anybody fight over a can! o_O

Oh, man do I remember those fondly, NOT:eek: Suck is a good term for those! We had crates of that stuff that we had to get rid of in order to get the next gen rats! Know how we were expected to get rid of it? YUP, SUCKED!!!! We would have this sort of thing happen all the time with stuff, have to use it up first before getting the next thing! End of Fiscal year, all the "Old" crap would get brought out of storage and used up! Its the Military way!

Yeah, that was one of my Leadership Philosophies when I was trying to get into ROTC... whatever meal everybody hated most, as long as it wasn't something I was allergic to I intended to take myself. Kind of saying "I'll take the sh*t-jobs myself whenever I can, so when I need you guys to do something that sucks you'll know I'm either there with you or already have been."

Didn't even get to the physical or the paperwork before it turned out that severe seafood allergy, or allergies of any kind, is a DQ... (In my case, allergy = swift and violent expulsion, but relatives have died from it over the generations.)

Oh, man do I remember those fondly, NOT:eek: Suck is a good term for those! We had crates of that stuff that we had to get rid of in order to get the next gen rats! Know how we were expected to get rid of it? YUP, SUCKED!!!! We would have this sort of thing happen all the time with stuff, have to use it up first before getting the next thing! End of Fiscal year, all the "Old" crap would get brought out of storage and used up! Its the Military way!

In Vietnam, many of the rations were left over from WW2. Does anyone remember that?

Yeah, that was one of my Leadership Philosophies when I was trying to get into ROTC... whatever meal everybody hated most, as long as it wasn't something I was allergic to I intended to take myself. Kind of saying "I'll take the sh*t-jobs myself whenever I can, so when I need you guys to do something that sucks you'll know I'm either there with you or already have been."

Didn't even get to the physical or the paperwork before it turned out that severe seafood allergy, or allergies of any kind, is a DQ... (In my case, allergy = swift and violent expulsion, but relatives have died from it over the generations.)

Yep, that $#it will "getcha"! :oops::rolleyes::eek:

We used to find C rat cans in the woods in Germany and pop them open on a bet and eat them. Good times in the field. My entire time in the Army was spent drinking heavily and chasing pussy so I don't bring it up much when I'm talking to real combat veterans.

:D While I tried to be a good soldier, my military way included a big dose of "what the higher ups don't know won't hurt 'em!" :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top