JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I bet if they tested the transient bums, local bums, drunks and dope fiends at one of the MANY and largest shelters in the state, the public library unfortunately, at the camps in and out of town including on federal land... you would see a really BIG count of infected people.

If you could see how they ruined some formerly NICE and clean grocery stores and drove businesses OUT of business with their begging, pooping/urinating all over, drug crapola, drunken behavior, fighting, trash, etc. - it would not take much to the imagination on how these diseases of ANY KIND spread. Plus since some of them do NOT want to abide by 'shelter rules' - well - you get the picture. Ugh.

Cate

Which reminded me of this old song (with new words)...…..

Aloha, Mark

Many in the scientific community struggle to secure funding, yet one of the most obnoxious, mentally unbalanced, emotionally unstable, morons in our society hauls in millions from his listeners. That says something about our culture and isn't good. :eek:

True. Can't fault the guy for finding his niche, but I do hope he is donating some back to legit causes.

let's link to some more nytimes headlines where we can't read the article

Clear your cookies and cache and use a private browser. If you still can't get in, select a different server for your vpn. They give out a few "free" views by device - just gotta change your digital fingerprint.

Or throw them a few bucks here and there for legit access.

I was just thinking......

How much better off we would all be? IF......the Govt. ran healthcare for the entire nation (like how Bernie and Liz wanted).

Aloha, Mark

How much better off we would all be? IF......the Govt. ran healthcare for the entire nation (like how Bernie and Liz wanted).

Just think: the speed and alacrity of the postal service, the ethics and dedication to service of the IRS, and the unrivaled competence of the TSA — together at last!

(Honk!)

HILLSBORO,OREGON: Other than the state of emergency and limiting access to public buildings, is the City doing anything instrumental to arrest this bug and put it in jail? I.E. Public health education or interventions....

I was just thinking......

Aloha, Mark

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Canada and Britain. People already wait months for procedures...so what happens when the hospital is full of nCov? I think it's going to be a clusterfuc...

When will there be a coronavirus vaccine — and who will get it first?

"There will be a vaccine. The question is as we sit here in March of 2020, when will it be available?" Jonathan D. Moreno, a professor of medical ethics and health policy at the University of Pennsylvania, told Yahoo News in an interview. "The best we can say is that hopefully, by some time in early 2021, there will be a vaccine available, maybe a little earlier given the advances in our technology."

Even once a vaccine is available, making it available to the U.S. population will take time. "Here's an irony on our current situation, we don't have that production capacity in this country. Where is it? It's mostly in China," said Moreno. "So we are going to be getting millions and millions, we hope, of doses of vaccine from China in the next eight or 10 or 12 months, as soon as we have the formula of the vaccine."

Exactly these 1441 people would probably still be alive if they simply didn't worry about the virus.

Italy

Confirmed: 21,157
Deaths: 1,441
Recovered: 1,966
Active: 17,750
Fret if you want. It won't help anything.I posted that everyone can/should prepare. Ive been doing just that for 25 years. It will, worrying, infact have an impact on your ability to fight this and all other maladies. I personally got nuth'n to fear! I got Jesus!

I picked up some Quercetin as it has been shown to have some prophylactic affects in-vitro (which doesn't translate to anything necessarily in-vivo):

Can find it in the grocery store.
Just ordered some myself... Take as many immune boosters as you can.. Only thing is many I see are selling out online. Just picked up a whole bunch of Elderberry Extract at local Sprouts. It's sold out online everywhere. There have been a lot of studies showing it is a powerful immune booster and can help inhibit lung and other pulmonary complications due to viral infections.

Living in Tennessee , where not everyone is so health conscious, I am lucky, because this stuff would be sold out anywhere in Oregon or Washington. People are catching on about health products and supplements. I bought the last two bottles of Zinc in the store. Already had some, but always could use more.

I wonder how the freight/trucking lines are doing for delivery to biz and to restock. Have they been impacted at all?

closest I could find online was DAT talking about rates for truckers increasing in demand. But I am curious if we are seeing slow downs in the US beyond lacking import/export from china for other goods.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads