JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Went down to Freddy's to pick up some fresh veggies. Didn't see anything that resembled panic buying, in fact they're not even particularly crowded, but certain things are out of stock. No hand sanitizer, no disinfecting wipes, no rubbing alcohol, no Lysol. Still some bleach on the shelves, but not much. Bottled water is gone. Paper products are thinning out.

Did some scouting on the way home. Roth's is dead but hand sanitizer is sold out. So is Wallgreen's. Looks like if you haven't got it you ain't gettin' it.

I went shopping at Fred Meyer yesterday and they were down to three containers of Clorox wipes. Maybe they had more in the store room.

Washington State health officials also announced two cases of people tied to a nursing facility near Seattle and said more than 50 people in the facility had begun to show symptoms, a possible sign of an outbreak among a particularly vulnerable population. A health-care worker and a resident at the facility, Life Care Center of Kirkland, had both tested positive for the virus. There are 288 staff and residents at the facility.

Washington State health officials also announced two cases of people tied to a nursing facility near Seattle and said more than 50 people in the facility had begun to show symptoms, a possible sign of an outbreak among a particularly vulnerable population. A health-care worker and a resident at the facility, Life Care Center of Kirkland, had both tested positive for the virus. There are 288 staff and residents at the facility.
Hummmm...it should also be noted the First American to die from the virus had prior underlying medical problems.

Another option is to grab a spray bottle and added water with bleach. You can find the suggested ratios online depending on how large your spray bottles might be.

"U.S. health officials say the risk from the virus to the general public remains low and they note that about 80 percent of people who get the virus do not require hospitalization."

I'm not a mathematician, but that kinda tells me 20% do.

"U.S. health officials say the risk from the virus to the general public remains low and they note that about 80 percent of people who get the virus do not require hospitalization."

Gonna be busy at the hospitals very soon.

Banning all incoming international flights would help authorities get a handle on cases popping up but since there is really no treatment, and no vaccine I think all we can hope to do is slow down the spread. If we wanted to really stop it from reaching the US, we should have sealed our borders for all incoming travelers until a vaccine could be distributed and administered. Now that there are cases of unknown origin popping up, I think the CDC has lost control. Just wait until cases explode like they did in China.

They were hoping that you wouldn't do the math.

Banning all cruise ships also . If they banned both as soon as this started it might not be here , But Of coarse we did not want to offend anyone.:s0119::s0136:

I was relieved to see how low, at least, mortality rates were by age(charts): worldometers - businessinsider

My mini-bottle of hand sanitizer is almost out(for car), also wanted a extra full size bottle + Lysol for home, so I went to Beaverton Target today. Cars were everywhere, and some making interesting maneuvers in the parking lot. Had no problem finding Lysol, but couldn't find hand sanitizers. Decided to swing by Dollar Tree & get it there instead(Tigard), but I had to settle for the kids size. Stuck on the bottle is a rubber face of cat wearing eyeglasses. Sweet bonuses....

0.jpg

:s0114:

If someone really needs it, check the Dollar store. My wife bought some for her office yesterday. She said they had a bunch.
Just got back from dollar tree. They sold out of hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes and some other items. Gal said the stuff was gone by noon today. Safeway is same story on hand sanitizer and most of the wipes were gone. Soap and water will work fine at home but I wanted a bigger bottle of hand sanitizer for my car to replace my travel size bottle. I ended up with some antibacterial foaming soap and a roll of paper towels:(

haven't tried this - seems simple enough
Hand Sanitizer Gel Recipe
  • 2/3 cup 99% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or ethanol
  • 1/3 cup plain aloe vera gel or vegetable glycerine .
  • 8-10 drops essential oil, optional (consider ones that have additional anti-septic properties i.e. lavender, thyme, clove, cinnamon leaf, peppermint etc.)

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top