JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Good luck with that..

It's a free country, and you can believe the sky is purple for all I care. But watching television makes you more ignorant, not less. You just can't see how you're being manipulated yet. But hey, buyer beware, right? In a month or two, when all this virus talk has gone away, there will be a new sky-is-falling-we're-all-going-to-die narrative that you'll be watching. Heck, a couple of months ago we were all supposed die in WW3 with Iran. I choose not to play that game. Life is too short. Good luck to you.
Watching is not the same as believing. And these days there are many sources of info besides TV. It's just one part of the whole big picture. Good luck to you too.

No, today was special. Worse than black Friday. People are starting to panic.

I was at Wilsonville Costco getting gas 2 hours ago and the parking lot was nuts, getting in was gridlocked with some people bailing and driving over the median executing Uturns and not caring they were close to causing an accident - saw this twice in the time it took me to leave. I think it's worse than Black Friday by far. In fact I've lived here since this Costco opened and I believe it's the worse I've ever seen the parking lot. I kept looking it or the "free beer" sign.... but, hey! Maybe all was normal and courteous inside lol!

I worked at costco for 5 years, the slowest times are midweek at 3 to 4 pm, and any day right before closing. If you walk in at 8:25 pm and they close at 8:30, they will let you do your shopping in full and wont rush you out. I did all my stocking up last week. I was sure to buy a few extra 1.75l bottles of liquor to kill any bugs in me.

going to cost co in just a bit. I'll report back if I notice any panic buying empty shelves. Have the house pretty stocked for a couple
Months. Getting a second location stocked in case we need to leave in a hurry.

Also can anyone recommend a good water filter I could pick up at Sportsmans warehouse? Going to pass by there on the way to cost co. The second location has a pond that's fed from a spring. We have a couple Britta pitches but I don't know if there rates for that kinda stuff.

A buddy of mine recommended this brand. He uses it at fish camps and whatnot where they just use river water to drink.

Watching is not the same as believing. And these days there are many sources of info besides TV. It's just one part of the whole big picture. Good luck to you too.

You have special power I have not been able to obtain. My powers involve reading between lines. That particular power is a hindrance when watching the "NEWS".

Wow, at least they have identified one new source, the care facility with possible 50 new cases. As stated above (reposted below), I believe we are just at the start of the exponential growth "bell curve".
EFB664D4-DD8D-45EF-8A39-48EF61D03BDF.jpeg
...Here is a representative typical bell shaped curve for flu or similar outbreak. The black x is where we are today IMO. Note that timelines shown may not be indicative of corona virus, it's just an example.
D5BF48DA-40A8-4327-A034-0AEA98C7D560.jpeg

Went down to Freddy's to pick up some fresh veggies. Didn't see anything that resembled panic buying, in fact they're not even particularly crowded, but certain things are out of stock. No hand sanitizer, no disinfecting wipes, no rubbing alcohol, no Lysol. Still some bleach on the shelves, but not much. Bottled water is gone. Paper products are thinning out.

Did some scouting on the way home. Roth's is dead but hand sanitizer is sold out. So is Wallgreen's. Looks like if you haven't got it you ain't gettin' it.

Hopefully it will remain isolated like the flu in this Country, and so far(in this Country) the mortality rate is well below the Flu. In the mean time, I'm packing up & heading for the Gun Show.

You need to stop this sensible talk. The news media needs to keep pouring their gas cans on this fire so they can keep people thinking the majority of this country is going to be infected and that there will be bodies in the street next week.

As long as the media keeps driving home the fact that this is going to disrupt the supply chains from China so that the flow of the precious electronics and other worthless sh*t they make in China and sell in the US, then the market hacks can keep buying and selling stocks over and over on the daily rise and fall, and make billions in the process. As long as they can keep that going there is zero incentive to solve the non existent corona virus problem and every reason to keep the American sheeple lapping up this nonsense every day all day while the Wall Street hacks plunder the US economy on a daily basis. F them.

Luckily, my job involves going into hospitals all over the wes
Went down to Freddy's to pick up some fresh veggies. Didn't see anything that resembled panic buying, in fact they're not even particularly crowded, but certain things are out of stock. No hand sanitizer, no disinfecting wipes, no rubbing alcohol, no Lysol. Still some bleach on the shelves, but not much. Bottled water is gone. Paper products are thinning out.

Did some scouting on the way home. Roth's is dead but hand sanitizer is sold out. So is Wallgreen's. Looks like if you haven't got it you ain't gettin' it.

Seems a bit crowded out here in Hillsboro. The Cash N Carry cashier guy was a bit annoyed at the steady crowd coming in pick up staples. Everything seemed to be pretty much in stock. I panic bought some Vodka at the liquor store, which was empty. Hopefully I can find some tonic left on the shelves...

And here I am sitting on a couple gallons of rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, Lysol, dozens of rolls of all paper products as if it just comes naturally to me to have these things on hand...... For the last several years.

And here I am sitting on a couple gallons of rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, Lysol, dozens of rolls of all paper products as if it just comes naturally to me to have these things on hand...... For the last several years.

I just need to raid the gear boxes on my boat. I always have hand sanitizer stashed there. Plus, I haven't scared my wife with the hand air horn for awhile...

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads