JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Mix? Say it a'int so!

2 parts Tequila, 1 part lime juice, 1/2 part Gran Marnier, splash of agave syrup. Shake with ice. Taste and adjust - depending on how tart your limes are or the tequila you are using, you may want more Gran Marnier and/or more agave syrup. Rarely do I find myself adding more lime juice, but I suppose it could happen.

Shake again right quick and strain. I usually make 'em where the part is equal to 1.5oz, so each drink is 3.75oz of 40% alcoholic goodness. 3 or 4 of these and you'll be feelin' pretty wonderful.

Eh, quick mix for margaritas easier, not near as good ... but def easier. Especially when trying to get my wife to make them for me.

However, she does do a strawberry lemonade vodka she mixes herself that's pretty damn good.

I've been an IPA (double or triple, yes please) kinda guy for a long time but find myself drifting toward a mixed drink more and more in the past few months.

Or sometimes just sit down with a cab.

Not sure what's happening to me

Eh, quick mix for margaritas easier, not near as good ... but def easier. Especially when trying to get my wife to make them for me.

However, she does do a strawberry lemonade vodka she mixes herself that's pretty damn good.

I've been an IPA (double or triple, yes please) kinda guy for a long time but find myself drifting toward a mixed drink more and more in the past few months.

Or sometimes just sit down with a cab.

Not sure what's happening to me

Strawberry Lemondate Vodka sounds absolutely refreshing. Normally I just throw some fresh sliced jalapeño into a few shots of Kettle One. Add an ice cube and enjoy.

Your tastes are changing. I'm going through another phase now - was a big beer guy (IPA yessir), now I got a thing for sours. If not them, then bourbon or whiskey straight up. Wine is a safe bet for me - it's never been my favorite, but never on the dislike side either. Speaking of...still have half a Brunello waiting for me ...

@Hueco - this seems to be the main mixer she uses. Although I think there fresh chopped limes and strawberries are more important than the mix. The strawberries are bought fresh, but she freezes them before use. Both lime and strawberries from Costco which seems to have decent quality of each.

Kettle one is the only way to go.

I used to grow strawberries, just a couple dozen ever bearing plants in my backyard. They weren't the biggest berries, but damn nice being able to eat right off the plant. I might have to get a couple starts now

Forgot to attach the picture:

20200412_005858.jpg

Rosie the riveter wouldn't stay home. Americans have become soft, pampered puss!es with no b@lls. You think this virus BS will ever end? No. It won't. Your homes have become your prisons so I guess you better just get used to it... LAME. Prison cells are safe. You gotta figure out what's more important, safety or freedom. Mucus membranes (eyes, middle ear region,..) are vulnerable to germs so the chinese masks won't do sh!t to protect all the cowards. Touching your face when you install and remove your stupid masks will only help you to get the BS virus quicker. Squirm in fear, worms!! Hide behind masks and weaken your immune system for all I care. Evidently the Swedes aren't low IQ cowards.

View attachment 682788
Rosie the riveter wouldn't stay home. Americans have become soft, pampered puss!es with no b@lls. You think this virus BS will ever end? No. It won't. Your homes have become your prisons so I guess you better just get used to it... LAME. Prison cells are safe. You gotta figure out what's more important, safety or freedom. Mucus membranes (eyes, middle ear region,..) are vulnerable to germs so the chinese masks won't do sh!t to protect all the cowards. Touching your face when you install and remove your stupid masks will only help you to get the BS virus quicker. Squirm in fear, worms!! Hide behind masks and weaken your immune system for all I care. Evidently the Swedes aren't low IQ cowards.

View attachment 682788
Ha, I like the cut of your jive.

Official LA Public Health twitter feed: LA Public Health (@lapublichealth) | Twitter
Janice Hahn is an LA County Supervisor: Janice Hahn (@SupJaniceHahn) | Twitter

Interesting tweet -- while the letter in question may have been fake, the commentary regarding how innocuous CV19 was is not:

laph-2.png

It is interesting to watch the evolution of an authoritative source of information: Janice Hahn - Wikipedia

la-JaniceHahn-1.png la-JaniceHahn-2.png la-JaniceHahn-3.png la-JaniceHahn-4.png la-JaniceHahn-5.png la-JaniceHahn-6.png la-JaniceHahn-7.png la-JaniceHahn-8.png la-JaniceHahn-9.png

Montana physician and so-called COVID-19 whistleblower Dr. Annie Bukacek is an anti-vaccine fringe lunatic (why am I not surprised?). Not highly regarded by fellow medical professionals, she is apparently a favorite of real estate developers seeking faster approval of septic permit applications.

" (Dr. David) Myerowitz, who in the past served as the chief of cardiac surgery at Ohio State University, was particularly critical of the decision to appoint Bukacek, a local physician and outspoken critic of vaccinations.

"This is deeply disturbing," Myerowitz said of the decision to appoint Bukacek to the board. "The outbreak of measles earlier this year, mainly in the unvaccinated populations of the United States, reminds us that we are always at risk if we allow anti-vaccination sentiment to gain a foothold … This board must fight any attempt to interfere with this department's mandate to increase child and long-term care staff vaccination rates and prevent this county from going to go back to 19th century medicine."

I am wondering if all those predicted 2 million people will die The hospitals will over flow etc will get arrested for yelling fire in a movie theater

You're kidding, right? Right...?? o_O

Nothing will happen to them. Nothing at all...

"Move along, folks. Nothing to see here. These aren't the droids you're looking for..."
star-wars-not the droids youre looking for.jpg

Tonight 60 minutes did there best to blame Donald Trump for all the lack of supplies in regards to this disease.
So In 2015 and previous we had the very supplies we are lacking enough of now?

Yea ok......

Last Edited:
Mix? Say it a'int so!

2 parts Tequila, 1 part lime juice, 1/2 part Gran Marnier, splash of agave syrup. Shake with ice. Taste and adjust - depending on how tart your limes are or the tequila you are using, you may want more Gran Marnier and/or more agave syrup. Rarely do I find myself adding more lime juice, but I suppose it could happen.

Shake again right quick and strain. I usually make 'em where the part is equal to 1.5oz, so each drink is 3.75oz of 40% alcoholic goodness. 3 or 4 of these and you'll be feelin' pretty wonderful.
What brand of tequila? I prefer Patrone or Herradura and Grand Marnier or Citronge (orange liqueur). I use a mix called Freshies that I get at the Liquor Store. 1 part tequila, 1/2 part GM or Citronge, and Freshies to taste over rocks.

What brand of tequila? I prefer Patrone or Herradura and Grand Marnier or Citronge (orange liqueur). I use a mix called Freshies that I get at the Liquor Store. 1 part tequila, 1/2 part GM or Citronge, and Freshies to taste over rocks.

Patron Silver is good if you want a fruity and sweet drink with a hint of tequila. Don Julio Reposado if you want a stronger tequila flavor with the smoothness of Patron. Milagro and 1800 Silvers are good middle road choices if you don't want to shell out for Patron. Cazadores Reposado for some good tequila flavor and a bit more bite than the Don. Those are my go-to's, though really almost any tequila will work as long as it is 100% agave - you just end up playing with the balance of the drink to bring it more spirit forward, sweet, or tart forward.

And of course, if you want to just drink it straight, go with the Don Julio 1942. The Real is their top top shelf and it is 100% not worth it. I'm still sitting on half a bottle and it is a complete let down compared to the 1942.

The Freshies mixer, I would personally avoid. It's first ingredient is water and I don't like adding any more water to a drink than the amount that comes from the ice during a shake. The Lime+Lemon+OJ is a great idea to add some spin to the traditional and can be done by juicing some fruits and playing with the ratio. Finally, they use powdered sugar more than agave, and powdered sugar is crazy sweet. Nice dark, raw agave syrup imparts plenty of sweet for me without being too sweet. I don't use simple syrup in my margaritas unless I'm doing something nifty with it, like making jalapeño infused simple syrup.

Lately, though, I've been drinking a play on The Last Word using 1 part Banchez Mezcal Joven, 1 part Luxardo, 1 part Green Chartreuse, and 1 part lime juice. It's a wonderful thing but use half shots. It's easy drinking for something that is 42% ABV, 32%, and 55% respectively. First time I made these, it was with full shots. I put away three of them within two hours and am told that I had a really great night ;).

:s0126:

C'mon, guys... We have a whole 'nother thread for this kind of discussion...
Fair enough, but c'mon...after 300 pages, some tangents are to be expected :D.

Back on topic: China stifling research to control the narrative...as if we didn't already know:

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads