JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

I have great confidence that most of the Portland area hospitals will do their best, however, I'd hope that Salem would get out of their way. No much confidence in the medical nor health care administrators affiliated with the Oregon health authority; however nice they may be. No leading authorities. Nor in food service. Still with the wisdom of Salem food service workers serve food with their bare hands, and hot Nitrile exam gloves. Smart? Huh?

I don't get this mindset. It's growing everywhere combined with the fact between 18-33% of all cases are ASYMPTOMATIC you wouldn't even know to the extent. I could have it right now but why would I go get tested if I am not feeling any symptoms and I haven't been near anyone that I know has it..

Just got back from St Helens Safeway, what a zoo!!! One lady was puking in line and they had to call the managers and eventually the EMTs and FD showed up The lines were clear to the back of the store for a while. I am not going shopping for a while, it is just too crazy. Stocked up on our priority - cat litter.

Serious stuff, no doubt! After today's visit to Warp, aka "Bend, OR"; gotta wonder the reaction when things get worse. Here we are surrounded by pine forest, living in the shadow of several volcanos, toss in the Cascadia Subduction Zone and few are ready.

Time to stay inside and keep the doors locked.

Foreverlost,

Uuf Da! Another Swede with his brains knocked out!
Prayers for Norway
And got the T-shirt.

P3130069.JPG

What's to LOL. It's not growing. The fear over it is. Otherwise it's been fairly well contained.

30 positive tests. 10x negative. No deaths.

Like I said earlier if it was growing exponentially, we would be near or over 2000 cases by now.

So tell me how it is spreading in Oregon?

What's to LOL. It's not growing. The fear over it is. Otherwise it's been fairly well contained.

Like I said earlier if it was growing exponentially, we would be near or over 2000 cases by now.

They are doing a piss poor job of testing.

They are doing a piss poor job of testing.
Says who, you? Do you work for HHS? The state? The county?

Other than the general sense of absolute distrust for the government, who's to say they are not testing properly?

Which doesn't matter, because if it was in fact spreading here in Oregon, we would have 10x more positive tests than negative tests. So far, it's the opposite.

Combine that with everything closing and public events canceled, it will slow even further.

So again, someone please illustrate to me, besides general speculation that the government is bad, that it is spreading in Oregon?

1584145197994.png

+6 deaths
+111 confirmed

But it's not growing..

Says who, you? Do you work for HHS? The state? The county?

Other than the general sense of absolute distrust for the government, who's to say they are not testing properly?

Which doesn't matter, because if it was in fact spreading here in Oregon, we would have 10x more positive tests than negative tests. So far, it's the opposite.

Combine that with everything closing and public events canceled, it will slow even further.

So again, someone please illustrate to me, besides general speculation that the government is bad, that it is spreading in Oregon?

I hope you are right.

Good thing you got that giant dome over the state to prevent asymptomatic people from traveling.
Not yet.

I'll have to find the similar info on Washington to see how you guys stand.

If you have the negative test data that Washington has that would be beneficial to understanding your states growth patterns.

However I understand where you guys are coming from. Yes folks without symptoms can spread this. To say that is actually happening, is nothing but what ifs. For the most part, at least in Oregon, the government has done a decent job getting everyone known to come in contact with those that have tested positive tested and quarantined.

To say that isn't true is just speculation and nothing more than the same old "government bad" mentality.

@bolus

How much did Trump's message today help you out? He mentioned they are taking the chains off docs/hospitals all over. They also said they've got a lot of equipment for y'all coming too.

What did he say? I heard state of emergency but have no idea what that means.

I called the Hawaii Department of health yesterday morning to get a covid test done. They did not call back until 24 hours later. I ordered the test through the private lab instead. When they called back today I asked how many people they have answering the physician emergency line - 1 - for the entire state. They had no idea if they had supplies of N95 masks to give us even though they are supposed to stockpile them for a pandemic.

So the DOH is still worse than useless.

They have tested 19 people (20 if you include the one I did) for the entire state. Cruise ships are still arriving daily. Sick people are flying in for their vacations daily with no testing or screening. They state has no intention to stop this because of tourist dollars.

the local urgent care closed for a month because they have no masks. The local lab and xray closed indefinitely. There is no one in any official position that is actually talking with doctors that I know of. At least none with me.

So I'd say we are just as F-d with what ever trump said because the local idiots are still in charge here and they are ready to kill us all for the tourist industry.

@bolus how many folks would you say are coming in for services fearing they have it vs the cold or common illness that spreads this time of the year?

Are you treating more than usual because of the fear of the virus that might have treated themselves at home last year?

If they test positive, would you treat them any different than say the same symptoms last year without the virus?

Curious to hear a physicians standpoint on some of these things.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads