JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Because what we need now is more Affirmative Action:

When in danger,
When in doubt,
Run in circles,
Scream and shout, "Racism!"

Priorities.

How-to-Blame-Trump.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Wake me up when this exceeds the number of death from the Flu ( 80k deaths in the US alone in 2018)

I hear ya.

The concern is, what was the estimated mortality to the standard flu in China 2018?

Coupled with there current response.

So, sure, wake up when the mortality in the US exceeds such.

Or, if your preparedness minded, take steps now. There is ample time to do so.

What will be interesting to watch is when some new "thing" like this hits some of these "homeless cities". Since you have hordes of people, with no sanitation, living in 3d world conditions BY CHOICE, with lots of drug use so weakened people. Some bad bug is going to come along and let people see stuff they had only seen in pictures of history books.

By the time it "hits" a homeless city, it's well on its way to being a pandemic.This particular bug will kill you regardless of where you sleep at night.

Supposedly apple shuts down all it's stores in china.

Economic impact has to be huge there.

Also something about this being explained as having similar descriptions to HIV in it's make.

Also something about this being explained as having similar descriptions to HIV in it's make.
This was the result of a DNA study by some Indian scientists who claimed they found 4 HIV genes in the virus' genome, causing speculation that the virus was engineered. But if you read the comments at the end of the article you will see that there is a lot of disagreement among scientists about their interpretation of the data.

Thanks for that.

I am wondering if Intel slows operations there. When I was at Intel they had all of their die process ship to China at one point or another to finish up. Reason I bring that up is the virus can cling to surfaces and they reuse a lot of that in the process of shipping. FOUPs and the cardboard boxes.

Also wondering if now china adopts some form of control over hygiene and fine dining cuisines after this gets cleaned up.

Thanks for that.

I am wondering if Intel slows operations there. When I was at Intel they had all of their die process ship to China at one point or another to finish up.
My daughter works for a sportswear company that does all their manufacturing in China. They have been informed that factories will be closed for an additional week after the traditional New Year 2-week shutdown. No doubt there will be a HUGH economic impact in China and a ripple effect as well.

I heard the people in America killed by the normal flue equal about 1/10th of one percent infected.
If that is true. And this new virus kills 2%? Then that's 20x as many. 10%? 100X as many.

So 30,000 annual deaths not enough to get you motivated? How about 600,000?

By the time it "hits" a homeless city, it's well on its way to being a pandemic.This particular bug will kill you regardless of where you sleep at night.
This one, as with all these strains of flu, only kill the sick and weak. For most it just makes them miserable for a while and they get better. These homeless hordes are infested with dope heads who are often on their last legs anyway. Due to how they chose to live. The worst part of this latest bug is how it's spreading when people show no symptoms. For most when it hits they get sick to some degree and get better. When one person brings it to some camp they will spread it to all in days before any of them even know they have it. Like all flu it's easy to prevent the spread but the sanitation in "homeless camps" is non existent. It has been funny to watch the panic though. Places that sell surgical masks got wiped out. Places that make them are doing like the ammo makers were doing a while back, running 24/7 to catch up. If this does turn "deadly" sadly a lot of very young and very old will die along with hordes of those who choose to live on the street using drugs. This is not Ebola as many seem to think, it's just another strain of Flu that is very contagious. Sad that many young and old will pass from it but, if it cleans out a lot of the homeless dopers I can't find it in me to feel bad for them.

The problem I see with this virus versus the flu is that about 1 in 4 or 5 develops pneumonia as a result.

Without proper hospital care, pneumonia will be more fatal than the flu.

Side note - saw some older dude today at the Roseburg Lowes completely buy them out of n95 masks while I was at the checkout counter.

If this takes hold here, the panic will be far worse for us than the actual virus!

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top