JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This wasn't just about enforcing the law when he shot her. This dumpster fire of a human took it to a life and death situation. Cop responded appropriately. Cops are ordinary people put into extraordinary situations. Give them some credit and try to imagine literally being in his shoes at that moment.

If you were face to face with someone trying to run you down because, they literally do not give a sh!t if you live or die, is your first response gonna be "hey can we talk"...
Again if they had used thier cruisers this would have not gone to the point of life or death. I actually support our LEO's they would be the first place I would volunteer to support in case of a SHTF scenario. The police simply did not use thier tools in this case. At least we know where Freshour is working now.
So I guess the officer should have politely asked the criminal to get out of the car whilst being run down ..
Can't read can you - at least not what I typed. The police could have deescalated this.

So you do not believe in our judicial system and feel vigilantism should be the norm? A police officer should not be just enforcing the law he should be judge and jury as well. Sorry dont agree.
I agree with you. My post purely relates to tactics and then the judicious use of deadly force if applicable. I dislike immensely where our judicial system had gone, but without it there is total anarchy. Sadly, we are approaching this.
My general observation from watching many LEO bodycam arrest videos is young officers are often not forceful enough and will have long unnecessary back and forth debates that endanger themselves and others with with the person they are in the process of handcuffing and arresting... I get tired of hearing the officer say "I am only going to tell you one time to put your hands behind your back or get out of the car", as they say it for the 15th time... Make your words accurate and true.
I imagine part of the issue is that judges and and police departments need to do a much better job demonstrating their support of the officers in the field doing the hands-on arrests.
Yahtzee!!! Ask, tell, make has been replaced by, pretty, pretty please with honey and sugar on top in far too many cases. There was a video (we may have discussed it here) where a younger officer allows the bad guy faaaaaaar too much freedom, bad guy tries to take officer's gun and then a dumpster fire fluster cluck ensues. Antidotal, but too frequent, sadly, because if an officer says more than a harsh word to someone, they are writing massive reports and under a microscope.
Cops should not have dismounted.
They should have used their patrol cars to block her in and then made the arrest.

Pretty sure that they will talk about that in the debrief.
One possible option, but as someone who has been in the passenger seat when the other officer pinned a suspect in (using my door so I was stuck) sometimes being outside but behind cover is better.
it is there responsibility to do everything they can to apprehend the perpetrator with out loss of life where possible.
I would argue everything within reason...which is a very subjective word. If they let this person leave the parking lot, based on her actions, the public was at significant risk. This is they type of person who driver on the wrong side of the road and kills our families. I would bet the average officer in a mid-sized town, over the course of their career, could have lawfully and justifiably used deadly force dozens of times, yet most never fire their guns.

Seems like maybe a 8.5"-10.5" 300 blackout weapon in a one point sling could have made a difference.

ZomboMeme(8).jpg

Oh, I can read. I can read that you seem more concerned with the life of criminals than that of LEO...
I am concerned with this becoming a police state - police have a responsibility to uphold the law, not to execute someone because they chose to.. I sure hope your not law enforcement with your logic of shoot all criminals.

I am concerned with this becoming a police state - police have a responsibility to uphold the law, not to execute someone because they chose to.. I sure hope your not law enforcement with your logic of shoot all criminals.
I hope you aren't referring to that cop in the video when you say "execution". She refused his lawful commands and then tried to run him over. 100% justified based on what we see there. Circumstances prior to that we don't know. It was her choice to refuse the commands and try to kill the officer.

A police state? Seriously? That'll never happen in Oregon or Washington since the state dictators care more about the criminals than they do their police forces and general law abiding public.

One possible option, but as someone who has been in the passenger seat when the other officer pinned a suspect in (using my door so I was stuck) sometimes being outside but behind cover is better.
From what I saw on that video, they did not use the resources available to them to box in the suspect and then make the arrest.
You don't charge a tank with a rifle if you can help it and I saw a scaled down version of that on the video.

The criminal committed the crime the police are supposed to arrest the criminal when they can without deadly force if at all possible, it is there responsibility to do everything they can to apprehend the perpetrator with out loss of life where possible.
Irregardless of where the cop positioned himself, ( I am sure tactics will be discussed and hopefully learning occurs) The perp behind the wheel took being arrested without being perforated off the table when she decided to try and run over the cop. Pretty simple really.

I am not, but have family who are.
I am proud of those who choose to be, but anymore, can't understand the desire to become LEO. There are too many such as yourself who favor the criminals over our LEO.

I am not, but have family who are.
I am proud of those who choose to be, but anymore, can't understand the desire to become LEO. There are too many such as yourself who favor the criminals over our LEO.
I in no way supported the perps actions but I do hold ourlaw enforcement accountable for thier actions. Think what ever you will. When Leo's are no longer held accountable for thier actions we live in police state.

All she had to do is put the car in park, turn off the ignition and put her hands up (or any similar action). That woudl creat a normal arrest. She chose to disobey the police and try to kill one of them. If you (or any reasonable person) were in the car and you tried to do that you damn well should expect to be shot. All imo.

All she had to do is put the car in park, turn off the ignition and put her hands up (or any similar action). That woudl creat a normal arrest. She chose to disobey the police and try to kill one of them. If you (or any reasonable person) were in the car and you tried to do that you damn well should expect to be shot. All imo.
I agree with you but why give her a choice they could have taken that choice away. Why do you think they have crash bars on the front of a police car.

I agree with you but why give her a choice they could have taken that choice away. Why do you think they have crash bars on the front of a police car.
Imo that is situation dependent. Maybe they were getting out of their car with stop strips and/or hoping to arrest her while she was still parked or? They are making a judgement in real time and I have no idea if training/policies etc say "do not use spike strips", blockade with cars instead" (or whatever). It seems perfectly reasonable to me to approach her and issue commands to "stop", "get out of the car", etc. That's their job to do that. The lady chose to disobey and try to run him over instead of stopping and getting out of the car like they commanded.

I can't say what I'd have done in his shoes. His job is to stop her so she doesn't flee and crash into an innocent, but at the same time she isn't trying to hurt anyone on purpose and only trying to avoid the pokey, which really doesn't justify deadly force. I hope I'd have avoided being in on the hood, and been to the side shooting tires. However, once I'm on the hood and the car is moving it seems like my only choice to protect my own safety is shoot the driver, especially since she DGAF. He seemed to have gotten off pretty lightly since he barely fell, just stumbling backward on his bubblegum, when getting off the car. Can't believe she drove off! I thing once I had some bullets in me I'd want to stop for the fastest possible ambulance ride….I guess if I was brown I might not count on that happening though…

Last Edited:
I in no way supported the perps actions but I do hold ourlaw enforcement accountable for thier actions. Think what ever you will. When Leo's are no longer held accountable for thier actions we live in police state.
Well, we currently live in a criminal state. Congrats!

Imo that is situation dependent. Maybe they were getting out of their car with stop strips and/or hoping to arrest her while she was still parked or? They are making a judgement in real time and I have no idea if training/policies etc say "do not use spike strips", blockade with cars instead" (or whatever). It seems perfectly reasonable to me to approach her and issue commands to "stop", "get out of the car", etc. That's their job to do that. The lady chose to disobey and try to run him over instead of stopping and getting out of the car like they commanded.
Would you stand directly behind or in front of the car?

Okay, just remember. If you are ever threatened by a criminal (home invasion, robbery, etc), DO NOT dial 911. Responding officers might be too rough with whomever is being mean to you.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top