JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so the other day I was browzin the interweb... and came by here... I was instantly turned on to this Idea after spending alot of time trying to find a stove on ebay... I wanted something that I could cook food/ boil water with out a ton of smoke/Fire.

I tried it, and It works GREAT!!! you should try it!!!

here is are more ideas/ designs
and here

Word to the wise...... DO NOT USE WHITE GAS!! (my 1st one melted) dont use Iso Alc. only use "marine fuel alcohol" or denatured alcohol.. just a side note

so the other day I was browzin the interweb... and came by here... I was instantly turned on to this Idea after spending alot of time trying to find a stove on ebay... I wanted something that I could cook food/ boil water with out a ton of smoke/Fire.

I tried it, and It works GREAT!!! you should try it!!!

here is are more ideas/ designs
and here

Word to the wise...... DO NOT USE WHITE GAS!! (my 1st one melted) dont use Iso Alc. only use "marine fuel alcohol" or denatured alcohol.. just a side note
I use HEET in mine. The yellow bottles that you pour into your gas tank to dry it and your fuel lines out.

A friend of mine and I brought a full can (or 24) of beer with us camping and a while back and made a project out of it with our leathermans. If I remember correctly you need two cans per stove.

Anyway, it worked great.

Someone came out with a commercial titanium version too:

dont use Iso alcohol, however everclear, and bacardi 151 will work the higher the % the better, the lower the % the more water/ other stuff, but denatured alcohol works best for the $$$$$$$$

just buy/bring a quart of denatured alcohol with you and you should be set for a while!!! I pour like 1.5oz in my burner and it goes for about 15-20min or more, and can boil a quart of water in a few min.

I would also recoment a wind shield.

Just a couple of mine:

img4257.jpg

I'm particularly fond of the one on the right; I used no epoxy or other sealant for that one.

On the store-bought front, I also have a Triangia one - really nice. I had a collapsible titanium one (forget the brand) but it was poorly assembled; the legs were welded on crooked, so anything you put on top of it would be crooked as well. I checked the store and all of them looked the same. No thanks, I'll stick to my home-made ones.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top