JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All of the prepping in the world won't save you from a world ending asteroid!
Nor an incurable cancer, or some other serious illness. If SHTF and it was prolonged, I would probably eventually die sooner than if SHTF had not happened, simply because my meds would eventually run out even though I stock up on them - I can only get so much - right now I have about 30-60 days extra.

Doesn't mean I won't keep prepping.

To build a longer buffer for prescriptions, see if your Dr. will prescribe extra doses for that 90 day prescription (ie... that evening Metformin changes to evening and morning for 90 days then reverts back to evening only after 90 days... you continue to take 1 per day and rotate for freshness, but now have a much longer buffer period.... obviously not for the dangerous stuff...just for blood pressure meds etc...):s0155:

;) ..uuhhh...or, so I've heard

To build a longer buffer for prescriptions, see if your Dr. will prescribe extra doses for that 90 day prescription (ie... that evening Metformin changes to evening and morning for 90 days then reverts back to evening only after 90 days... you continue to take 1 per day and rotate for freshness, but now have a much longer buffer period.... obviously not for the dangerous stuff...just for blood pressure meds etc...):s0155:

;) ..uuhhh...or, so I've heard
My pharmacy (Amazon) generally doesn't do 90 day supplies, and many insurance co's won't either. I don't use insurance (Medicare) currently because the cost of the Part D is twice+ what I pay with Amazon discounts ($45 vs $100+ for Part D).

That said, Amazon and some other pharmacies, refill at about every 22 days, giving me an extra week of meds for every refill, which adds up to about a month's worth of meds every 4 months or so. I have been somewhat diligent about refilling ASAP, since switching to Amazon (earlier this year) - some meds I have several months worth extra, others only about one month extra. Amazon is starting to allow 90 days on some meds.

Eventually, in a year or two, I will have about 6 months worth of meds and just keep adding to that.

Don't forget to lay-in a LARGE supply of "suckitup" pills, some big bags of "eyeswideopen', a few large rolls of "flexible-attitude", a case of anticipation and a few bottles of "easyduzit"....
... If you don't have enough... well... it probably ain't gonna go well! ;)

Everybody is different and will die in different ways. Be patient.
LOL

THIS is true.

No offense to any person here but I think that I need a T shirt that says, "Just when you think that life is a B (Female dog.) - it has puppies." That was on an old coffee mug or glass (?) that my late husband had and he used to SAY that saying too.

Personally, I have been through many weather related disasters in my life with and without power. Other things too. Good and bad.

East Coast born/raised, Great Lakes farm/lake country = my late husband's home state and out here in DISGUSTING FIRE SMOKE too. This was not a nice camp fire smell for sure! Although it has not been so bad lately. But add up years past plus part of this year - disgusting.

So at my age (71 years old now.) - I need a T shirt that says, "I don't really give a rat's @@@, eerrr, butt any longer!"

You live - you die. Get ready to meet your Maker if you believe in Him.

Live each day as if it is your last day on earth.

Love people, care for people as best as you can, enjoy people - the ones that choose to be around, enjoy what you like to use in any 'THING' including your firearms, knives, any other tool or hobby, use it or lose it, etc. is my motto.

Cate

Last Edited:
I would consider the scenerio in the book One Second After, pretty darn close to a SHTF event. Law and order has to be gone and not coming back for me to consider it a SHTF fan event.
Dialed 911 lately? Twenty five rings in Clark County and likely not sending anybody out unless you're dead.

My late parents who were born in 1909 - Dad and 1920 - Mom lived through a lot.

They taught us about man made and weather related emergencies.

They, friends and some other family members (OLDER people and a few younger ones.) lived through tough times, the 30's depression, world wars and other conflicts.

THROW in inflation now too! OMG!

Personally, I think that it is a good thing to be PREPARED but I do believe that some people go WAY, way overboard (THEIR CHOICE - free will and all. Plus it is their own money and/or they inherited money!) in some items and they LACK things that would make more sense when it comes to being prepared.

They have NO balance in their supplies and their THINKING is not really rational. But they think that their thinking is rational or they have an entirely different OUTLOOK when it comes to LIFE, survival, illness, death and more. I find their thinking really disturbing but to EACH THEIR OWN.

Example: They continue to owe money on a home or construction loan when they can pay that back early but they do not while they have a huge amount of FILL IN THE BLANK ITEMS that they never shoot or keep up their skills.

Plus their items get ruined, yes some things CAN get ruined, or things spoil or they don't do ordinary maintenance on their home but they have a boat load of stuff for WW3! Crazy Land! LOL

Although due to a fire or flood or earthquake - if some things DO GET RUINED that they could NOT move out to a safe area quickly enough even though they do HAVE insurance - that is NOT their fault - it is an act of God or Nature. Or weather manipulation which IS a real thing in life. But I am not talking about the ruined stuff getting ruined due to a NATURAL incident now. I am talking about normal life with NO natural incident or disaster.

Plus they actually believe or CHOOSE to believe that THEY HAVE TO 'ARM' THEIR NEIGHBORS OR KIDS OR ANY OTHER JANE OR JOE since those people were too stupid, too cheap or too WHATEVER (!) to BUY THEIR OWN BASIC FIREARM OR FIREARMS, AMMO, BASIC BEANS/RICE, EXTRA WATER, SPARE RX EYEGLASSES, ETC.

Man, I must be dense because I DO UNDERSTAND helping out a close friend or family member that I TRUST but to feel as if you HAVE TO DO all of this STUFF for someone who can't figure it out to begin with or they were too busy BLOWING THEIR MONEY on extra trucks/cars, some fancy/dancy vacation or HUGE expensive wedding, tons of other stuff in clothing and the latest x, y and z and they then GO to Daddy/Mommy or Billy Bob Neighbor and CRY that they need help.

EFF that thinking is what I think!

NO offense to any person but I see this on so MANY FORUMS about 'arming' all of these people or doing x, y and z when it comes to people who could HELP THEMSELVES but continue to suck on the teat of their relative or friend or neighbor. Crazy thinking is what I think. LOL

Dang, I would rather HELP FEED and shelter/clothe a VETERAN IN NEED or a VETTED REFUGEE THAT HELPED THE US of A IN TIME OF WAR than some of the OTHER PEOPLE who rely on someone else all of their life because they figure that their SUGAR DADDY (Uncle Sam - .gov WELFARE money or some relative/friend.) will always be there for them since they REFUSED to plan ahead.

I would rather help and give to a trusted charity or church, temple or mosque with GOODS, not money, than continue to give to a person who can't FEND for themselves all of the time or they cry, whine, p-ss and moan just to spill another sob story so that Sugar Daddy gives them another handout. HOW THE HECK WILL THOSE PEOPLE EVER LEARN to fend for themselves?!

The Golden Rule applies to ME in life. I was taught that you treat other people as you would want to be treated and TONS MORE. I believe that with all of my heart.

But one thing that MY parents and mentors taught me (Three children.) was that you GREW UP and were responsible for your own outcome. Personal responsibility in all things in your life. Do NOT depend on Uncle Sugar (.gov) or THEM (My parents.) or any other person in life to BAIL YOUR BUTT OUT OF JACK SQUAT.

The only way that lazy or ignorant normal human beings or FAR LEFT or FAR RIGHT leeches on society AND trust fund babies are going to LEARN ABOUT LIFE and how to FEND FOR THEMSELVES is by DOING IT = live and learn - work hard - work smart.

IF you screw up by doing stupid things like having babies when you are too young to support them or care for them - STOP DOING THAT CRAPOLA. If you can't afford one baby or more than one baby - don't have one. Do NOT expect me or society to PAY for your children with taxpayer money. If a charity or religious group wants to HELP YOU - that is their business not mine.

IF you screw up by being a shop-o-ho-lic when you can't pay for your item or items immediately - stop buying and live within or below your means. (I am not talking about a construction loan or buying a home that you can afford and hopefully pay OFF early now.)

IF you screw up and have to learn how to take care of your heath because you neglected it - start now! Live and learn.

Although there are many people who have genetic disorders and they ALWAYS DID and still do all of the right things health wise BUT they still have some health issues or die from cancer or some other things due to war or occupational hazards. Etc.!

You can prepare for all kinds of poop hitting the fan in life but IF something happens - it happens and NONE OF YOUR SUPPLIES in very specific circumstances will help you. Sorry but it is the truth. It may help you some for a short or longer time frame or to make an escape or for barter or whatever BUT some things will happen and ALL OF THE PREPARATIONS that you made will not 'always' save you.

Prepare for inflation as best as you can.

Some things WILL be worth more than the U.S. Dollar due to LBJ's Great Society crapola, the endless salami wars with the PNAC neo con job artists on the R and on the L, the crazy @@@ .gov expansions in all departments especially from Bush 2's time and on. Throw in the drunken budgets with Obama, Trump and Biden too.

Cate

Arming neighbors and/or providing them with ammo means that many more people to help protect the neighborhood/etc. and MY family & goods. The motivation is more about them helping protect me and mine than it is about me helping protect theirs. I.E., mutual aid with regards to repelling attackers. That is the scenario where providing extra guns/ammo to others, is to my benefit. Sure I want to help others, but my first priority is my family. That is why I would share guns/ammo but probably not food.

In my opinion the events of today are far different than any time in Americans past. While I have had a great life my view of survival changes with the events. I believe we all have our answers about life in general but things are changing and with them how we see today's world and the reset to come.

Interesting world we live in.

Arming neighbors and/or providing them with ammo means that many more people to help protect the neighborhood/etc. and MY family & goods. The motivation is more about them helping protect me and mine than it is about me helping protect theirs. I.E., mutual aid with regards to repelling attackers. That is the scenario where providing extra guns/ammo to others, is to my benefit. Sure I want to help others, but my first priority is my family. That is why I would share guns/ammo but probably not food.
Yup.

Something to consider as so far as sharing food. May be worthwhile on small scale, and as in everything it would "depend".

Grossly oversimplified example might be: oatmeal & thermos of hot water for manning an OP. Tea, if you had stocked up accordingly. Raisins, nuts, apples Etc.

If circumstance allowed to take say deer, but you couldn't put up all of it. Share.

The "depends" comes in how well you knew the folks before, AND how they "seem" in whatever current comeuppance.

It is important to vet those neighbors. I have some good ones, and some I wouldn't trust with a squirt gun and a bag of cheese puffs.

In my opinion the events of today are far different than any time in Americans past. While I have had a great life my view of survival changes with the events. I believe we all have our answers about life in general but things are changing and with them how we see today's world and the reset to come.

Interesting world we live in.
Agreed. There are some basic things we can prepare for. But in the world of instant information, instant communication, and instant gratification (along with the constant game of pin the tail on the schizophrenic "experts") the nature and level of threat changes just as instantly.

What's the ancient oriental curse? May you live in interesting times? We are definitely living in interesting times...

It is important to vet those neighbors. I have some good ones, and some I wouldn't trust with a squirt gun and a bag of cheese puffs.

Agreed. There are some basic things we can prepare for. But in the world of instant information, instant communication, and instant gratification (along with the constant game of pin the tail on the schizophrenic "experts") the nature and level of threat changes just as instantly.

What's the ancient oriental curse? May you live in interesting times? We are definitely living in interesting times...
I don't believe folks understand the nature of change, our world has been changing tremendously to the point people live in fear constantly. You see it thread after thread as folks wonder what to do or where do I go, its become a part of our culture now.

Problem as I see it is those living in the past will die with it yet folks can't see a future to build on.

Where it goes from here....well we each have our opinions.

Preppers prepare for what they fear but you never know everything that can come your way. 10 people woke up one day and never thought this would happen to them.

The cruelty of humans is not to be underestimated. Straight out of Mad Max.

The cruelty of humans is not to be underestimated. Straight out of Mad Max.
THIS is very true.

Read the story about the man in FL that just murdered a family, complete strangers, and he told the police that they BEGGED FOR THEIR LIVES plus for one baby or toddler too.

They say that he was a 'veteran', a Marine on METH. He told LE he was on meth and maybe (?) some other drugs.

Cate
PS: Have you noticed how many of these murderers are full of intent and they are wearing body armor of all types BEFORE THEY COMMIT THEIR DIRTY DEEDS? Plus how many of them are being mentioned that they are x, y or z types? Veteran - good and bad people in ALL groups, 'religious - serious or not', preppers/survivalists, right wing but the MASS MEDIA NEVER MENTION or hardly ever the LEFT wing violence of ALL TYPES, the bullies with their OWN agenda, etc?! Now the media may say ANTI VAX too even if it is just for this WARP SPEED/RUSHED THROUGH shots.

(We already know about the Q and/or Q Anon crowd - I will not even go THERE now. LOL!)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top