JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was skeptical about this cartridge until I shot one. Heavy retail loads have some serious torque but, having been a 1911/.45ACP fan for years, the 10mm has provided me some great times. Husband loaded some 180 gr Hydro-Shoks (great deal through RMR) with 6.5 gr Unique. A bit more mild to handle and very accurate. If you are considering the 10, try to get someone to let you shoot one. I feel so shamed.... I love my Model 20!!!:p

Have a look at Fusion Firearms and their 6 inch "Long Slide" Perfect 10! One of the Slickest runnin 1911's out there!
Holy smokes. :s0033: Theses are actually affordable! :s0001: (Where is the drool emoji?)

Buffalo Bore does some most excellent loads in all pistol calibers, and the 10 mm offerings are amazing, you touch one of the first time, you KNOW you got a serious performer in your hands!
10 mm is also pretty easy to hand load, and performance can be even better then the factory stuff if you take your time and build up your loads for a specific pistol!

1569018722807.png

Nobody should have to convince you, regardless of any caliber you look at.

If your needing to be convince then you either have doubt about the caliber(which is a personal choice of whether your comfortable with its performance) or you haven't done enough research on the caliber (which asking to be convinced is kind of like you want peoples approval and lazy)

But here is a good picture. Of course the draw back on this picture is it doesn't state the brands of ammunition used in the test.

View attachment 618468

10mm is the only pistol caliber with its own nuclear power explosions, it is a have man!!!!;)

Go shoot one.
I have. G20.4 and it's a sweet shooter.
Very accurate, too.

In a 1911, I'd entertain the Ruger over the Colt.
The Ruger's bull barrel gives the pistol more mass over the conventional Colt.

Also the Tanfo Stock III is a very nice CZ clone and is available in 10mm.
Beautiful pistol.

I am convinced.....:rolleyes:

But I have a to-do list:
1. become WA resident
2. sell/ trade some guns
3. buy/ trade for 1911 longslide 10mm
4. shoot it like a pro
5. be awarded "cool guy" cred

This thread/site is kinda funny. Everyone poopoos the 40 as being "too snappy" and they gush about the "fast follow-upshots" and "capacity" of a double stack 9mm.

Then a 10mm thread comes along and everyone is praising single stack guns chambered in a cartridge that is the definition of "Snappy".

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top