JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My father in law wants to do a conversation from 45 to 10mm.....I've read mixed reviews, does anyone have any experience with this conversion? My first thought is just buy a g20 or g40 for reliability reasons.
IMHO, it's not as easy as just dropping in a different barrel, it takes a different slide as well because the rim is a different size.

My best advice is to stay out of it and let him monkey with it.
I think KKM stopped making conversion barrels because the conversion is so problematic.
Lone Wolf still makes barrels but they will make a barrel for a ham sandwich.

I'd get a G20 and be done.

Glock store claims to have one just to drop in.....I wouldn't trust it with my life personally
I still stand by my statement that it's most likely not that easy, the extractor, recoil spring and magazines would all be different or at least would need adjusting and or tuning.

My best advice is to stay out of it and let him monkey with it.
I think KKM stopped making conversion barrels because the conversion is so problematic.
Lone Wolf still makes barrels but they will make a barrel for a ham sandwich.

I'd get a G20 and be done.
I'm his only son in law and his sons are worthless as tits on a boar hog.....I'm stuck babysitting the old man! My first response to him was a g20....money is not a issue for him

I'm his only son in law and his sons are worthless as tits on a boar hog.....I'm stuck babysitting the old man! My first response to him was a g20....money is not a issue for him

If he knows Glocks thoroughly and likes to tinker he MIGHT get a this conversion running.
Or he might end up with a box of parts that will be hard to sell off.
It's not a simple "drop-in" event.

I've got a Wyle E Coyote conversion for my 23; .40 to 9mm. With G19 mags and no other changes, it runs great. Good enough for the range, but not I'm not confidant enough to use it for personal defense. Gut feeling, no jams / FTF / etc....actually runs quite well.

While my experience has been largely good, I'm with the others; just get a G20 and you're set. Not that much more than a quality barrel and the mags to support it. My youngest son has a G20, it's a lot of fun to shoot..!!

It won't work.... except that I bought a Lone Wolf 10mm conversion barrel for my 21 clone, dropped it in a went shooting. No problems other than it threw the casings into the next alley so I changed the recoil spring, don't remember if I went lighter or heavier.

My father in law wants to do a conversation from 45 to 10mm.....I've read mixed reviews, does anyone have any experience with this conversion? My first thought is just buy a g20 or g40 for reliability reasons.
I have done it successfully - converting G21 to G20 (45acp to 10mm) by simply dropping in an aftermarket G20 barrel (not even a conversion barrel).

Here is a list from the Glock Armorer's parts catalog (FRM-72-26 / Rev 159 /11.5.2020 / Parts Order Form)
regarding relevant parts for the G21 and G20.

Extractor: G21 - #1092 / G20 #1909. They are different, but the 45 ACP extractor will extract 10mm rounds, though there are some reliability issues. Given that it takes less than 60 seconds to swap out an extractor - I took my 10mm extractor to the range with my G21 and swapped it in when I swapped in my 10mm barrel.

Extractor Depressor Plunger: G21 - #5234 / G20 - #5234 (same part)

Extractor Depressor Plunger Spring: G21 - #33522 / G20 - #33522 (same part)

Extractor Depressor Plunger Spring Loaded Bearing: G21 - #3442 / G20 - #1204. The parts are different, and may have some impact on reliable extraction, so if you're anal about it, it takes about 15 more seconds to swap in the 10mm bearing when you're swapping in the 10mm extractor. BUT AGAIN - the G21 will extract 10mm cases without swapping in the 10mm extractor.

Recoil Spring Assembly: G21 - #5586 / G20 - #5586 - (same part).

I have since sold my G21.

However, I have a G30 (45 ACP) with a 10mm conversion barrel and run 10mm through it all the time with good results.

Do some "Google-Fu" on this topic, there is a lot out there to substantiate the above information.

Your mileage may vary.

Cheers.

Last Edited:
I have done it successfully - converting G21 to G20 (45acp to 10mm) by simply dropping in an aftermarket G20 barrel (not even a conversion barrel).

Here is a list from the Glock Armorer's parts catalog (FRM-72-26 / Rev 159 /11.5.2020 / Parts Order Form)
regarding relevant parts for the G21 and G21

Extractor: G21 - #1092 / G20 #1909. They are different, but the 45 ACP extractor will extract 10mm rounds, though there are some reliability issues. Given that it takes less than 60 seconds to swap out an extractor - I took my 10mm extractor to the range with my G21 and swapped it in when I swapped in my 10mm barrel.

Extractor Depressor Plunger: G21 - #5234 / G20 - #5234 (same part)

Extractor Depressor Plunger Spring: G21 - #33522 / #33522 (same part)

Extractor Depressor Plunger Spring Loaded Bearing: G21 - #3442 / G20 - #1204. The parts are different, and may have some impact on reliable extraction, so if you're anal about it, it takes about 15 more seconds to swap in the 10mm bearing when you're swapping in the 10mm extractor. BUT AGAIN - the G21 will extract 10mm cases without swapping in the 10mm extractor.

Recoil Spring Assembly: G21 - #5586 / G20 - #5586 - (same part).

I have since sold my G21.

However, I have a G30 (45 ACP) with a 10mm conversion barrel and run 10mm through it all the time with good results.

Do some "Google-Fu" on this topic, there is a lot out there to substantiate the above information.

Your mileage may vary.

Cheers.
You're changing out so much stuff, though.
It makes it impractical, IMHO.
Easier to just go buy a G20.

You're changing out so much stuff, though.
It makes it impractical, IMHO.
Easier to just go buy a G20.
Not a lot of stuff to change out.

I just changed out the barrel.

If I was going to shoot a lot, I spent another 60 seconds changing out the extractor. Given that I shot 10mm through my G21 - maybe - once a month at the range (if that) - the 24 minutes PER YEAR (1 minute to swap in the 10mm barrel and extractor and then 1 minute to swap the 45 ACP barrel and extractor back into the pistol) was well worth the savings of $500 for a G20.

Now - if I was going to shoot a LOT of 10mm, then a dedicated pistol in that caliber makes more sense.

Cheers.