JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all. My first conversation thread. (I looked for threads of similarity, did not find one.)

As the title states, convince me to add another calibre that I may not need but should want. I am a 1911 guy and prefer to buy those that are modelled after the 70 series. I am a fan of Dan Wessons for the value and that they are 70 series. However, I own a SIG Sauer Tac in 357 SIG and love it, but it is modelled after the 80 series. I have 1911s in 9mm and am loving it, too. I am moving away from 45 ACPs, I currently have two DWs for sell, then I thought, sell one and convert the other to shoot 10mm. Is this a plausible thing to do; should I sell/ trade for an actual 1911 in 10mm? I am considering the calibre as a do-all for hunting carry as opposed to the 44 mag and 454 Casull due to capacity. 10mm is good on grizzes using the right stuff and shot placement, heck I even considered using the 357 SIG for that role! 10mm is starting to feel like an ear worm or a "10mm angel" on each shoulder singing to me. NO GLOCKS!!!!!!

Talk 10mm to me!

Wanna make fun of the 45'ers and LARP like you are the FBI using 10mm from yesteryears? Wanna completely fanny fluster 9mm peasants and use the line 40 short and weak?

Well chuck ya better get a 10mm! It drops a moose, chuck norris praised it, its an even number! Plus plus plus! You can claim to fame with it being the patricians choice.

With just one 10mm gun you instantly get street cred from all gun owners. Pistols will bow down in your proximity. No more ballistics tests over SD loads being better than others, no need for caliber wars either. You are simply above everyone with 10mm.

Home defense - check
Hunting -check
Comp shooting -check

It aint no Glock&Wesson 45mm but its the one true cartridge thatll stop any man in his tracks.

10 mm and the 1911 are a match made in heaven! While a conversion IS possible, it's expensive to do, and has it's limits! You cannot use a .45 slide, it must be the 9 mm or .40 S&W slide for the correct breach face in order to do a barrel swap, and you also have to use the High Pressure 9 mm extractor for it to work!
There are several 1911's already done in 10 mm, so it all comes down to what YOU like and want! ( they are all going to be series 70 BTW) ad the series 80 are too week to handle the full load 10 mm ammo out there!
I have 5 1911's in 10 mm, and all are exceptional shooters, one of two is on my hip at all times as my carry piece!
Kimber makes the most excellent Eclipse Custom in 10 mm and they are simply awesome! Ruger, Remington, and Colt also offer decent options. Rock Island does a really good version with several options, including the Para style Double Stacks, which is the way I would go for a carry piece!
So, choose the best that fits YOUR needs and wants and enjoy, the Big Ten offers a lot that no other semi auto can!

Life is painfully short. Live it to the absolute fullest while you can. Would adding a 10㎜ to your line up increase your joy? If the answers is in the affirmative, there is no reason to hesitate. Well wishes. :)

Don't listen to Ura-Ki, he will lead you down a dark pathway (as far as your wallet is concerned anyway)!

Actually he is sufficiently sophisticated to appreciate the Beretta Cougar design, so I can't come up with anything to tease him with.

Hey, I resemble that! :s0140:
1569015323661.png

I have five (count 'em, 5) handguns chambered for the 10mm Auto Pistol Cartridge. (Four self-loaders and a 1991 6.5" barreled S&W Model 610). They are great and the beginning of a life-long addiction.

I can quit anytime I want... really... I can... really... no, really.

Nobody should have to convince you, regardless of any caliber you look at.

If your needing to be convince then you either have doubt about the caliber(which is a personal choice of whether your comfortable with its performance) or you haven't done enough research on the caliber (which asking to be convinced is kind of like you want peoples approval and lazy)

But here is a good picture. Of course the draw back on this picture is it doesn't state the brands of ammunition used in the test.

GEL TEST.jpg

I have five (count 'em, 5) handguns chambered for the 10mm Auto Pistol Cartridge. (Four self-loaders and a 1991 6.5" barreled S&W Model 610). They are great and the beginning of a life-long addiction.

I can quit anytime I want... really... I can... really... no, really.
1911s are the beginning of a life long addiction. Fact!

Nobody should have to convince you, regardless of any caliber you look at.

If your needing to be convince then you either have doubt about the caliber(which is a personal choice of whether your comfortable with its performance) or you haven't done enough research on the caliber (which asking to be convinced is kind of like you want peoples approval and lazy)

But here is a good picture. Of course the draw back on this picture is it doesn't state the brands of ammunition used in the test.

View attachment 618468
LOL
I have been YouTube-ing this cartridge and reading articles on it and they seem impressive. This above photo is IMPRESSIVE relating to the 10mm. Notice the 357 SIG seems to have the second best wound channel. ;)

Well, I think it is a no brainer to get one. Why the heck not!? But not before I sell a few guns. I want one with 6 inch barrel. Wish SIG made a TAC pack as they come with 4 mags.

Have a look at Fusion Firearms and their 6 inch "Long Slide" Perfect 10! One of the Slickest runnin 1911's out there!

In the end, the 10mm has greater mass. If you want the be-all-and-all for the cartridge, Underwood Ammunition ultimately has the best "commercially loaded" accuracy/penetration = efficacity formula for the 10mm.

Case closed.

LOL
I have been YouTube-ing this cartridge and reading articles on it and they seem impressive. This above photo is IMPRESSIVE relating to the 10mm. Notice the 357 SIG seems to have the second best wound channel. ;)

I do alot research on pistol rounds, like many do (which doesn't make me special or a know-it-all), and I have found a lot of useful information from Brass Fetcher and his videos. It's nice to see bullet performance (even though it is just ballistic gel) instead of just reading spec's on the manufactures website.

Last Edited:
In the end, the 10mm has greater mass. If you want the be-all-and-all for the cartridge, Underwood Ammunition ultimately has the best "commercially loaded" accuracy/penetration = efficacity formula for the 10mm.

Case closed.
Underwood seems to be the brand for max power. Read about them and bought their 44 mag stuff but have yet to shoot it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top