JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To start: IANAL

...All I was saying is if your [sic] a law biding citizen what does it hurt to answer a couple of questions and be done with it and on your merry way...

The video linked in the post directly above yours gives at least a dozen ways it could hurt.

...but when your [sic] on the defences from the first words out of your mouth are " I take the fifth amend and I want a lawyer" what choice can a rational thinking person have what is this person up to he was asked " do you have a lawyer I can call and find out if that gun is loaded". In my opinion he was treated like he should have been a criminal because he was acting like he had something to hide!...

That's the thing about constitutional rights: exercising them does not constitute reasonable suspicion (let alone probable cause). The police are welcome to think whatever they want (whatever a "rational thinking person" would think), but they are absolutely not justified in treating someone like a criminal if that person has not done anything demonstrably illegal.

Check out State v. Casad (non precedential, but mainly because the principles contained within are already well established) and US v. Black just to get started.

Sent from a phone; typos likely

Last Edited:
I'm not too sure just what purpose a "silencer" will have on a rifle that spits out 3000fps bullets. Maybe suppress the muzzle blast somewhat, but not much in the way of a silencer.

Yeah, not that much. But for us with tinnitus it gives us that extra edge. It is a lot more comfortable for the shooter. As something a 'criminal' would be interested in - NO - FAIL.

NO I'M not in FEAR of my life. I open carry all the time and I also conceal and carry since I have a permit to do so. But you're not looking at it from there eyes they make like 28.00 hr only a few more than I do and I'm a truck driver there's no way you could pay me that kind of money to lay down my life every day for, I respect them for that!
Then you have to listen to the video and here what the cop is saying it sounded like he had a shotgun in the open because the officer stated repeatedly " is that shotgun loaded " and since when do you have a suppressor on a shotgun, personnely I have never heard of it, but then again I personeally don't have any experience with suppressors yet. All I was saying is if your a law biding citizen what does it hurt to answer a couple of questions and be done with it and on your merry way, but when your on the defences from the first words out of your mouth are " I take the fifth amend and I want a lawyer" what choice can a rational thinking person have what is this person up to he was asked " do you have a lawyer I can call and find out if that gun is loaded". In my opinion he was treated like he should have been a criminal because he was acting like he had something to hide!
But remember its only my opinion we all have one.
Thanks for reading mine
Stacy

I know someone with a suppressor on a shotgun.....No...there is no real need for it... but it's bada** fun. People don't need a car that goes 200+ mph either.....but hey this is America....why the he** not?

Last Edited:
I'm not too sure just what purpose a "silencer" will have on a rifle that spits out 3000fps bullets. Maybe suppress the muzzle blast somewhat, but not much in the way of a silencer.

The BATFE still calls them a 'silencer'. Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Silencers | ATF

If you are ever at Browns Camp and see a guy with bright dyed hair, and colourful tattoos, it might be me, and I'll let you hear what a suppressed .223 sounds like. :s0155:

Wearing body armor and not cooperating with police? This guy has been arrested several times on gun related charges, kinda makes you wonder whose side he is on....

I have some body armour laying around (Not illegal, by the way), and I don't "cooperate" with the police when they are wrong. There is nothing wrong with telling the police that you know what your rights are, and that they are violating them.

This guy is totally out of control! Yes it is his right to carry, have the suppressor and and all that and I'm all for all of that but, I have to take the cops side on this one like he said " I am in fear of my life" these guys lay their life on the line every day the go to work period! All he had to do is answer a couple of questions and I'm sure they would have let him go on his merry way. And HERMANNR - then if they went beyond that yes he should sue, but you have to put yourself in the cops shoes there's no way in hell in today's society would I ever allow anyone walk down the road in body armor and a rifle or shot gun and not do or say something and I'm a hard core 2 amend. believer. Its not like when I was 16 yrs old walking thru are town at 2 am in the morning with a couple of hounds a 22. and the police stop us and ask if we did any good.

It sounds like you really don't care about your own civil liberties. We are a free country, but if we keep 'donating' our rights away for the sake of 'police safety', we'll have something called a 'police state'. This isn't a good outcome.

I don't mean to downplay the danger of being a police officer, but even with all those "bad people gunning for them", it's still not even in the top ten most dangerous jobs.

Their safety wasn't even remotely at risk. It was an excuse.

Google "Kwikrnu": He is an FFL, but so is Josh Sugarmann. I think they may both be holding those FFLs for similar reasons. One of his previous stunts was to paint the muzzle of a Draco orange and walk OC (slung) around in a local county park, until he could get some LE to stop him. The orange paint was meant to confuse and delay a responding cop into thinking "airsoft".

He's definitely shopping for opportunities for lawsuits. IMHO, he has no intent on helping our cause, but to exploit whatever holes he can find, and reap whatever award the civil court might yield and also cause an unfavorable legislative response.

Considering what happened at Newtown, I would be pretty ticked off if a cop saw someone walking into a grade school, openly carrying a rifle, and didn't question that person. Even at schools with firearms safety classes, the students are typically not walking around the halls with guns after their class.

Our malls, parks, and schools are not hunting camps. There are some times that your brain should actually kick in and tell you that there is a right time and place for everything.

Of course, those who disagree will never change their minds.

My cousin is a lawyer and he basically said that if you think that you are under suspicion for anything it is in your best interest not to talk to the police even if they threaten you with arrest because you may say something that you think is no big deal and it ends up getting you into trouble. He basically said that the police are trained to ask questions in a way that will make you incriminate yourself. Since hearing that, my policy has always been remain silent. I am always polite and always comply with demands, but I refuse to answer questions.

Just so everyone is aware of this, if you elect to exercise your 5Am rights to remain silent, you must specifically state that you are doing so. If you don't, the prosecutor will be allowed to argue that your silence is an indication of guilt. This is the result of the S. Ct.'s ruling in Salinas v. Texas on June 17.

So I spent the last 48:40 watching that video and I have to agree incertion circumestances yes you dont talk to the police no matter what, I had a instance during my divorce I did just that and I also had a lawyers # number when the police asked and they said no way was I going to say a thing. With that said its all about disgretion and if your'e purposely walking down the road trying to provoke the police. That guy got what he deserved. In my opinion.
BUT REMEMBER ITS ONLY MY OPINION WE ALL HAVE ONE!
Thanks for reading mine
Stacy
PS Im done with this conversation remember its only a opinion!

You do realize that some officers (like these) are really just bullies. Either they always were bullies, or they were bullied themselves before they became LEOs.

When you comply with the illegal (yes, if it is a "demand" enforce by the threat to, or actual, arrest, it is illegal) commands of people like this, you only reinforce their "right" to bully based of their supposed "authority".

We do not need self righteous bullies as LEO. They need to be trained that they cannot do such. 42 USC 1983 suits are how they are properly trained.

You do realize that some officers (like these) are really just bullies. Either they always were bullies, or they were bullied themselves before they became LEOs.

When you comply with the illegal (yes, if it is a "demand" enforce by the threat to, or actual, arrest, it is illegal) commands of people like this, you only reinforce their "right" to bully based of their supposed "authority".

We do not need self righteous bullies as LEO. They need to be trained that they cannot do such. 42 USC 1983 suits are how they are properly trained.
Correct.

This guy is totally out of control! Yes it is his right to carry, have the suppressor and and all that and I'm all for all of that but, I have to take the cops side on this one like he said " I am in fear of my life" these guys lay their life on the line every day the go to work period! ......

Stopped reading there, so sick of that statement.

Maybe some of you younger people never realized that back in the day no one thought anything about someone carrying a rifle down the street, or a handgun.
Gradually we have given in to Leftist society and police incompetence to where open carry is frowned on.
Sure there has been a lot of crime and crazes, like Newtown, and our Governments haven't prosecuted the real criminals - just persecuted the lawful citizen instead.
Would I do what this guy did? No.
Maybe I lack the commitment or willingness to stand out, but nothing I understand him to have done was illegal.

I could make a list of the freedoms that have been taken away in the last 20-25 years that do effect our day to day lives. People in their 20s-30s just are not aware of things they have never known.

It used to feel like the restrictions grow every year, but now they are on hyper-drive and there is some significant loss of freedom announced weekly or monthly. No, my deluded and deceived friends, it isn't that brown person 7450 miles away that is taking them away either.

Considering the shootings that have happened over the last few years, he was deliberately trying to provoke the situation and a response from the police by wearing body armor and carrying a gun down the street during rush hour traffic. Not to mention what people driving by might have been in fear for their safety. Duct tape isn't a lock. Not answering the couple questions asked of him, although he doesn't have to, makes the point about his rights, but puts the LE involved in a situation where they have reasonable suspicion that he could be a menace to public safety. Regardless of his legal rights, he is acting like a d**che and only adding ammunition to the anti gun advocates. Kooks like this aren't helping. Responsible gun owners aren't going to deliberately cause a situation and then refuse to comply with even the basic, reasonable questions asked of him.

I hope he sues the police, he wins and the police are held accountable for their illegal arrest.

CHL and Class 3 firearms stamps are now a privilege not your right. It hasn't always been that way. Your rights have been taken from you.
The reason you have all these firearm rules and regulations is because you have given up your rights. You have kept what the government has let you.
Knowing your rights and preforming them daily is one of the best things an American Citizen can do for Our Country.

The way Our 2nd Amendment in America is now is not what the founding fathers meant it to be like.

Gosh you are so right, I mean gee I wouldn't want to offend any of those anti-gun nuts by exercising a Constitutional Right. They might not like me for it and hate all of you for actually having guns.
Get real. Regardless of what gun owners do, the anti gun nut group will construe it as negatively as they can.
I don't think or understand exactly what this guy was trying to accomplish. So what. It takes extremist to sometimes make a point
In the 60's before all the anti-Vietnam crap gave a foothold to these liberal anti gun nut pussies, it was normal to see kids running around in combat uniforms and going out shooting when 15 or 16.
Yes the way this guy did it seems dumb because of the risky position he placed himself in, but not because I think "rational" individuals will misconstrue his actions if they take the time to understand the facts - and no most won't.
As to the "mass shootings" you need to look at an FBI playbook on statistics. Numbers been consistent for years and yes any number is a bad number.

Trekkerpaul:

Are you a member of the Brady's? If not maybe you should join, you already think like they do.

Doing something that is legal is not "provoking" anyone. If you think it is a bad thing, it is you that needs to change, not him.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top