JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do many here even believe that the CHL is wrong? Is it not unconstitutional? If so then why haven't you guys been doing anything to reverse it here in the NW? I hear/read of your attempts to counter a anti-firearm bill but what about regaining the rights that we all once had? Other states realize that it is Our Constitutional right to carry a firearm concealed or unconcealed without asking for permission. Its a right, not a privilege that needs to be OK'ed by Our government employees.

I guess we can just wait until the anti-firearm, anti-2nd Amendment people start it up again. Then you guys can just try and hold onto what you have left.

What sucks is people took my 2nd Amendment rights away from me before I was even born or knew about them.

Its sorta hard to get them back when the people that agree with me want stand up for what they believe in. Easier to keep the scraps that are thrown on the floor I guess.

Statistically the minimum wage clerk at 7-11 or the neighborhood liquor store is more likely to be killed by a bad guy while at work then a cop.

NO I'M not in FEAR of my life. I open carry all the time and I also conceal and carry since I have a permit to do so. But you're not looking at it from there eyes they make like 28.00 hr only a few more than I do and I'm a truck driver there's no way you could pay me that kind of money to lay down my life every day for, I respect them for that!
Then you have to listen to the video and here what the cop is saying it sounded like he had a shotgun in the open because the officer stated repeatedly " is that shotgun loaded " and since when do you have a suppressor on a shotgun, personnely I have never heard of it, but then again I personeally don't have any experience with suppressors yet. All I was saying is if your a law biding citizen what does it hurt to answer a couple of questions and be done with it and on your merry way, but when your on the defences from the first words out of your mouth are " I take the fifth amend and I want a lawyer" what choice can a rational thinking person have what is this person up to he was asked " do you have a lawyer I can call and find out if that gun is loaded". In my opinion he was treated like he should have been a criminal because he was acting like he had something to hide!
But remember its only my opinion we all have one.
Thanks for reading mine
Stacy

Do many here even believe that the CHL is wrong? Is it not unconstitutional? If so then why haven't you guys been doing anything to reverse it here in the NW? I hear/read of your attempts to counter a anti-firearm bill but what about regaining the rights that we all once had? Other states realize that it is Our Constitutional right to carry a firearm concealed or unconcealed without asking for permission. Its a right, not a privilege that needs to be OK'ed by Our government employees.

I guess we can just wait until the anti-firearm, anti-2nd Amendment people start it up again. Then you guys can just try and hold onto what you have left.

It might have to do with how people think that since they already have a CHL, there is nothing to gain. Complacency. They can carry concealed now just the same as if they didn't ask the wanna be mommy n daddy for permission. The principal of the matter is the problem. Lawmakers are like reporters when it comes to creative writing but they do creative law making. Sanity & reason has nothing to do with an imagination & I don't need any one of the laws that will be made up in the next 100 years, let alone those made up in the past 237.

I was raised with this interpretation, and am in agreement with, the Idaho Supreme Court Ruling in "in re Brickley" back in 1902

In re BRICKEY.

The gist of this very short ruling is there IS an PERSONAL right to bear arms for your personal self defense, and in defense of the state, that must be unencumbered, but there is no RIGHT to concealed carry. As long as the right to openly carry is available to everyone, the right to conceal may be restricted.

However, the opposite also holds true. If the right to carry openly is restricted, then Concealed Carry must be unrestricted as you cannot license a right, because if you do, it is no longer a right, but a privilege. At least one mode of carry must be free and unencumbered with licensing restrictions.

In re BRICKEY.

"A statute prohibiting the carrying of concealed deadly weapons would be a proper exercise of the police power of the state."

I disagree and I believe that The Constitution does also.

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"But the statute in question does not prohibit the carrying of weapons concealed, which is of itself a pernicious practice, but prohibits the carrying of them in any manner in cities, towns, and villages. We are compelled to hold this statute void."

I do agree with that.

In re BRICKEY.

"A statute prohibiting the carrying of concealed deadly weapons would be a proper exercise of the police power of the state."

I disagree and I believe that The Constitution does also.

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Regardless of our personal opinion, the courts disagree with you, and their opinion counts more than ours does.

In the early/mid 1800's, carrying a weapon concealed was frowned upon, as it was considered the mark of a criminal who hid his intentions....which is why the courts have usually found it wasn't a right.

Regardless of our personal opinion, the courts disagree with you, and their opinion counts more than ours does.

In the early/mid 1800's, carrying a weapon concealed was frowned upon, as it was considered the mark of a criminal who hid his intentions....which is why the courts have usually found it wasn't a right.

There are some states and courts that agree with me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_(by_state)

States that let The People carry their firearms concealed without a permit/license...

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Montana (Generally allows unlicensed concealed carry without a permit; outside of a city, town, lodge.)
Utah
Vermont
Wyoming

Weird how some States, judges, courts believe We have the right but others do not. To me you either do or you don't.

What good is having a National Constitution if all the States do not abide by it?

Arizona > may be great for gun owners/carry people, but damn it is brutal in terms of tyranny in some ways.

My friend got a full fledged DUI there last year, cost her about $22k total, judge insisted on $100 paid weekly every Friday in person with a Money Order only, no cash. So she'd have to go through the hassle of getting one and delivering it every week. She blew a .09. She wrecked when she hit a sewage drain the wrong way ON HER BICYCLE. A helpful citizen reported her to 911 (there are always helpful citizens waiting to help you).

Well, in Oregon you can also get a DUI on a frickin' BICYCLE or even a SEGWAY. I checked. No joke. Ridiculous laws to infringe on every part of your life.

Sorry for the OT vent/rant.

Their opinion does not count more than any one. You can go your entire life ignoring all they will ever rule on, without ever being bothered by their ruling one bit. Not a president, a king or either of their courts & all of their men (governments) control you, you're in control of your own actions. I don't let laws direct my ability to ignore & refuse wrongful direction & I don't think you should either.

Weird how some States, judges, courts believe We have the right but others do not. To me you either do or you don't.

What good is having a National Constitution if all the States do not abide by it?

Well, originally, the US Constitution was supposed to limit the power of the US (federal) government.
Then each state was supposed to have their own powers limited by the state constitution.
And only the powers specifically given by the people to each entity in the constitution (federal or state) could be exercised, and the people ourselves had the rest of the powers.

That was the ORIGINAL intent.

Things have changed ......

If you look at the STATE constitutions, many of them specifically state that there is a right to bear arms .... EXCEPT for concealed. This is actually in many state constitutions.

Example -- Kentucky

The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons.

I have to ask a hypothetical question regarding this situation. Those of you that are saying not only everything this guy was doing is legal (Which I agree), but feel police were in the wrong and should be sued, What would you say if your two children go to the city park by themselves if they are old enough or close to home and such, and such man walks into park with similar long gun and wearing bullet proof vest. As he is hanging around the playground which is full of kids and a few parents who are not carrying, a police officer walks up and in your minds, simply ask, "are you a felon"? The man responds, "no". The cop then says, " Ok, I can't detain you since you are exercising your rights" and then leaves. Two minutes later, the guy unloads his gun killing or wounding just about everyone in the playground vicinity and then is ready for police to show up to continue fighting.
What do you believe the police could or should have done? If your kid was killed, would you tell the news reporter, " I hate this person but nothing could have stopped this because he was legally correct when the police talked to him and could sit in the park or where ever it was with a gun, even though his bullet proof vest helped him last a bit longer in order to kill a few more adults who happened to be police".
Can one of you please give a polite, serious response to this question, or am I going to get stomped for asking a specific moral and ethical question.
P.S. I love guns, and love being able to carry!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top