JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Beaverton has a city ordinance that prohibits persons from carrying Loaded firearms without a permit. You need a ccw to even just carry open. The fees had been raised too and it created hardship for low income people like me effectively stripping lots of their 2A rights in Beaverton.

Please contact the Mayor and ask when this is reversed and the supreme court ruling being followed.

Her email: [email protected]

If we have enough people doing this and nothing happens, I will look into lawyers for a class action suit.

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens when these type of statues are challenged. The opposite of NY really. Shall issue but just ban carry across the city as "sensitive area". Seems to be NY plan to go that way too though.

The 2nd ammendment right to have a firearm to protect yourself and others is allowed.... just... not where there are any other people. ;)

Good luck. Unless your inquiry to her has something about improving diversity in your neighborhood or obtaining housing for illegals then I doubt it will get much response from her. She is an Army veteran though, along with her husband so there's that. When she was running for mayor she was knocking on doors on my street. I didn't know who she was at the time. I was outside and she walked up and said, "hi I'm campaigning for Lacy Beaty for mayor". I though it was one of her campaign volunteers. So I asked her where Lacy stood politically. She then seemed flustered and said, "oh Lacy is pretty much middle of the road". She never bothered to introduce herself as Lacy. Later on I looked up her Twitter feed and learned all I needed to know about her.

Well I am trying to stand up for what I believe in. And If im told that the constitution applies to me 100% then I take the word for it.

Oregon yes but beaverton bans open carry without license. Oregon is also an open carry state.
It sucks but the NYSRPA ruling doesn't effect open carry bans, states and local governments can still enact permitting scamhemes. Including banning open carry if they are shall issue on permits.

I don't believe the mayor has the ability to overturn or nullify city ordinances once passed. I think the thing to do is find a sympathetic council member to bring an new ordnance up for vote that updates or removes that provision, but the Beaverton ordnance is allowed under Oregon law so not much chance of challenging it in court

..... is allowed under Oregon law so not much chance of challenging it in court
Which is the one that should be challenged as unconstitutional. The state can not grant authority to do so under "strict scrutiny". I believe that's why NY is planning to name specific exclusions vs. a city wide carry ban. They know it won't fly. ;)

I'm sure there will be a systematic challenging of State laws, but it will take time and would likely be a step-by-step process. Obviously, the state will try to follow the "power once taken shall not be returned to the people" plan. If any meaningful change is to happen, it will be on us.

Last Edited:
Most arguments on these restrictions don't hold water. A few years ago a young man working the register at a Cafe was open carrying. It was slow, so I asked him about it. He told me he was stabbed on a well populated Max platform in Beaverton, unprovoked. No one would help him for a while as he layer there bleeding. He was open carrying until his CC came in.

Protected law makers don't care. They are not only physically protected by tax paid firearms, they also get the additional protection of special laws, like attacking postal workers, LEOs, ect.

The, you can't do that here eventhough it's not actually illegal in Oregon argument, needs to be taken up by more pro gun groups. I knew about PDX but not Beaverton before this thread. I would $$ support it.

You do understand that most of PDX metro has the same restrictions.
Has to be challanged too. Anyway I did get a reply, but you know, they need to hear that people are not happy about it.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Currently, the City Attorney's Office is reviewing the Supreme Court's decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen and assessing how the decision affects the city's local firearm ordinances. "

Has to be challanged too. Anyway I did get a reply, but you know, they need to hear that people are not happy about it.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Currently, the City Attorney's Office is reviewing the Supreme Court's decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen and assessing how the decision affects the city's local firearm ordinances. "
I would say that is 100% better than most .gov reply's to emails

Oregon yes but beaverton bans open carry without license. Oregon is also an open carry state.
There are multiple cities in Oregon that do…. Just get a CHL. Or just conceal carry without one if you're that worried about it. Open carry is dumb anyway. Before everyone jumps down my throat…. It MY opinion.

There are multiple cities in Oregon that do…. Just get a CHL. Or just conceal carry without one if you're that worried about it. Open carry is dumb anyway. Before everyone jumps down my throat…. It MY opinion.
I'm in the same camp on that, and JMHO, but everything is a tool, and not every tool is right for every job, and that includes open carry

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top