JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
quote this study in your replies to legislators:

Gary Kleck, Professor Emeritus of Criminology at Florida State University, has undertaken research showing that, " Finally, other research suggests that the use of large-capacity magazines by mass shooters does not affect the number of victims they kill or injure, mainly because nearly all mass shooters use multiple guns and/or multiple magazines, and therefore do not need large-capacity magazines to fire many rounds without reloading." Gary Kleck | College of Criminology & Criminal Justice (fsu.edu)

I sent an email stating my position opposing the bill to all the Senators.

I read through the study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6836798/) Senator Wellman's intern quoted from Giffords.org. I wonder if Senator Wellman even read through the study.

I find it interesting that the authors state one of the five limitations of their study was the following:
"Fifth, there were only 69 events that met our criterion for a "high-fatality mass shooting." Although 69 is a horrific number of incidents, for statistical purposes, it is a relatively small number and limits the power to detect significant associations. For example, we did not have the statistical power (and thus did not even try) to determine whether different aspects of the various LCM laws might have differential effects on the incidence of high-fatality mass shootings. Moreover, because of suboptimal statistical power, there is also the possibility that the magnitude of the effects detected was overestimated."

Essentially the authors are saying the data they used is statistically insignificant and they could have overestimated their findings.

And our legislators are using this statistically insignificant study to support legislation to take away our Constitutional right?

Please keep up the fight for our rights!

Done yesterday, forgot to post. Received this email from an assistant to Senator Phil Fortunato. It's not looking good, folks.

Thank you for reaching out on behalf of our common Second Amendment rights/legacy.

Looks like the Dems may have the votes to pass the magazine limit bill, sometime today.

There is no filibuster rule at the state level, unlike the US Senate…so even if every Republican votes against it today, and they will, we cannot stop final passage. My best guess is that Senate Dems will even 'allow' a couple of vulnerable Dems vote against it, to protect their caucus in "swing districts."

Democrats must know the optics are terrible…that they would be restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens while WA state slides into complete anarchy, especially West of the Mountains…. An avalanche of theft and robbery, and homelessness, and assault, and murder…..not to mention paroling tens of thousands of prisoners convicted of violent crimes by Governor Inslee and the WA Dem legislators. Even the biased local media is having a hard time ignoring the chaos caused by Democrat extreme ideology.

House bill is 14 rounds, Senate bill is 16 rounds…my bet is they settle on 15 (but that's only a guess) in the final reconciliation bill. They probably will figure that 15 rounds (mag capacity for a vast number of existing pistols) "hurts" the fewest commercial interests (local gun storefronts, they don't want to completely alienate them because they want to work with them in the future…to restrict us even more). Also, there are a lot of new gun owners in liberal districts…if those folks purchased a Glock19, during the Pandemic, they might think this limit "wouldn't affect most of them."

I do think there is still a chance to kill this in the House, but I'm not optimistic. Obviously, House members are up every other fall, so in swing districts (whatever few are left) are going to feel the wraith of pro-gun electoral bloc faster.

Inslee will sign it into law right away…effective 90 days from his signature.

So, at that point, if it passes…..it's up to every gun owner in the state to punish Dems who voted for the ban, this Fall, at the ballot box.

Watch TVW today for floor action….could come up at any time. Record and share any speeches you feel relevant on social media, etc.

Keep fighting, reach out anytime.

Alex

ALEXANDER BOHLER
SENIOR LEGISLATIVE ASSISTANT
OFFICE OF SENATOR PHIL FORTUNATO

31ST LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT

So, it looks like this passed the Senate 28-20 yesterday?

I guess the next step is to start mailing all the House reps?

sb5078.jpg roll-call.jpg

Magazines will still be available long after this passes...if it passes
There will be a window of time between the date of passage of the bill into law and the date the legislation goes into effect wherein one could "legally" acquire more of the banned mags. Of course, one could continue to acquire them long after the effective date of the law, since the enforcement of such a ban would be nigh impossible without gross violations of the 4A.

But then again, when has violating the Constitution and Americans' rights ever stopped these despicable mongrels before...? :s0092:

Last Edited:
I don't consider anything Olympia is doing...so there's no time-line with me.

They no longer listen to the people. We voted for 30.00 license tabs...and they threw that out.

The fight now is no longer in the court.

What's that saying about insanity?

We pay for the court building, the grounds maintenance people, the clerks, and the judge. Then we pay for the person to argue against us, and we pay for the person to argue for us...absolute insanity.

Magazines will always be available irregardless of what Olympia does...

Edit

The AWB the fascists want is retroactive to Jan 1st, meaning if I buy a lower today, I will get a letter saying to turn it in or else...

Last Edited:
Looks like we have a couple threads going on this. Also multiple bills (the usual BS). Kudos to FPC for making it easy to respond to this stuff quickly. Don't forget to toss some money they way, and use your employer's 501c3 matching if it's available to you. oops, well, toss company matching funds to someone :) Could have sworn I'd done that with FPC before.

Last Edited:
Looks like we have a couple threads going on this. Also multiple bills (the usual BS). Kudos to FPC for making it easy to respond to this stuff quickly. Don't forget to toss some money they way, and use your employer's 501c3 matching if it's available to you.
FYI:
Actually, the FPC is a 501(c)4, and hence usually not tax-deductible. FPF is a 501(c)3, so between the t wo, I send most of my money to them.
They are "sister" orgs, so I think they share the donations received between them, but I don't know that for sure....

Last Edited:
The AWB the fascists want is retroactive to Jan 1st, meaning if I buy an upper today, I will get a letter saying to turn it in or else...
That's total BS! Phuq those phuq'rz if that's true. :mad:

Hell, phuq those phuq'rz anyway! So damned sick and tired of having my God-given rights as an American ripped away by these phuq'rz... :mad::mad::mad:

Actually, all parts that can "be made into an assault rifle" are banned as well, but unless they subpoena all the retailers in the country, they will not know about anything that does not require a bgc (Bidoon is trying to push that through (reclassification of certain gun parts) and now we all know the truth as to why)

Looks like it still has the 10-round capacity as the limit...
As posted by @zcap above, it's out of the Senate now, so pound on your representatives!

1644526833332.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads