JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read through the whole thread, and I apologize in advance if I missed it, but where exactly IS the line between Prepared and Paranoid?

For the record, I carry 15+1 in my sidearm, and when they invented the 'Rona and people got twitchy, I started carrying a second mag.

Typical SD scenario is a couple of secs and a couple of discharges, so I am over-prepared, right?o_O
I'd say you're prepared. Not over prepared. Better yet start carrying a second gun and have a rifle in a bag or your truck. Oh and don't forget your helmet, nods, plate carrier and 5 extra mags for each weapon....... 1 gun, extra mag, And TQ is all I carry. But then again I don't have to compensate.

I read through the whole thread, and I apologize in advance if I missed it, but where exactly IS the line between Prepared and Paranoid?

For the record, I carry 15+1 in my sidearm, and when they invented the 'Rona and people got twitchy, I started carrying a second mag.

Typical SD scenario is a couple of secs and a couple of discharges, so I am over-prepared, right?o_O
Then again I don't choose what makes one prepared or paranoid. That's up to them. I'll just sit over here, laugh and just shake my head. Continue with the plan for the day.

I have a strong dislike of weight in my pockets (not even keys) or anything that weighs down my belt. Carrying large amounts of crap vs the chance of actual need causes me to a carry an old Kahr E9 most times, no extra mags. But as of late I just leave it in the safe locked up, smallest kiddo is at the curious and loves guns, can't trust him stage. When I'm distracted and occupied I have a habit of emptying my pockets and belt to lay down and work on something. Superbad combo with the youngest.

I have a strong dislike of weight in my pockets (not even keys) or anything that weighs down my belt. Carrying large amounts of crap vs the chance of actual need causes me to a carry an old Kahr E9 most times, no extra mags. But as of late I just leave it in the safe locked up, smallest kiddo is at the curious and loves guns, can't trust him stage. When I'm distracted and occupied I have a habit of emptying my pockets and belt to lay down and work on something. Superbad combo with the youngest.
Props to you for having a sound head on your shoulders. It good to see some responsibility and proper gun ownership.

If you don't know the answer, just say so.:s0114:

You come out swinging, but you offer nothing but condescension.
If you read my comment correctly I said that I believe 1 gun and 1 extra mag is being prepared not paranoid.

You have to be born with insufferable so..
For someone so intolerable as myself I seem to notice you following me and commenting on all my posts. I know, I know, I am toxic. If you have such a hard on for me just ask to F**k me. I might say yes

If you read my comment correctly I said that I believe 1 gun and 1 extra mag is being prepared not paranoid.

Then again I don't choose what makes one prepared or paranoid. That's up to them. I'll just sit over here, laugh and just shake my head. Continue with the plan for the day.

Read your OWN posts. You are punching above your weight. Good Day.

Read your OWN posts. You are punching above your weight. Good Day.
You are really that dense.... if you ask me for my opinion I'll give it to you. But obviously I don't write the law for being prepared vs being paranoid. That will differ from person to person. Doesn't mean I can't shake my head or offer an opinion. If my opinion hurts your feelings or makes you get all defensive than you have bigger problems.

To be honest, your opinion means VERY little to me.

However, your condescending tone and insulting OP caught my attention, because this is a nice house and we have a lot of new guests.
Oh boy. A safe space! And I am the OP of this post. So am I being hostile to myself? That's my life, nothing new here. But I am glad you're along for the ride.

I was unaware that

Are you suggesting thought crimes?
Because your not her, and she would back me up on this....
In all honesty I have no idea where this rabbit hole is going. And I don't understand comment/question.

Glad I got here before this thread is locked! Good topic OP.

I've found the people who can carry more between their ears tend to feel more comfortable carrying less in their pockets. And vice versa.

I have no idea what other folks feel they need to carry and don't want to speculate on their personal business. I also can't help when I see some folks' EDC situation. Makes me wonder how they ever have the opportunity to meet new people, experience new adventures, let alone undress with a new friend if they are charming enough to do so. To each their own, but if I saw folks here on the street with their everyday loadouts I'd assume they were getting ready to invade Poland.

Glad I got here before this thread is locked! Good topic OP.

I've found the people who can carry more between their ears tend to feel more comfortable carrying less in their pockets. And vice versa.

I have no idea what other folks feel they need to carry and don't want to speculate on their personal business. I also can't help when I see some folks' EDC situation. Makes me wonder how they ever have the opportunity to meet new people, experience new adventures, let alone undress with a new friend if they are charming enough to do so. To each their own, but if I saw folks here on the street with their everyday loadouts I'd assume they were getting ready to invade Poland.
It will be locked soon. Glad you can join us while the fun lasts!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top