JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This may be trivial and petty..... Am I the only one who scratches and shakes their head when I see some pocket dumps (unrealistic or as someone who carries on a daily basis you know it's completely impractical) or when you hear people talking about carry multiple guns etc. I understand the guns and gear are cool, but what happened to physical fitness, mindset, medical, etc.? I hear or read a lot of comments that would drive me to believe that people are looking for an altercation or think their abilities are far beyond what they truly capable of. When did it become cool to take another's life? How about avoiding a situation completely if possible..... Does gear give one a false sense of security? Does it allow them to become complacent and comfortable? Reality over perception.

I have carried two G19s in opposite hand AIWB holster with a spare mag between them and speaking personally it has nothing to do with mindset or lack thereof, looking for an altercation, thinking my abilities are beyond my capabilities, false sense of security or anything else you listed, but rather the main reason was to better balance the load and make it fell more comfortable.

I have carried two G19s in opposite hand AIWB holster with a spare mag between them and speaking personally it has nothing to do with mindset or lack thereof, looking for an altercation, thinking my abilities are beyond my capabilities, false sense of security or anything else you listed, but rather the main reason was to better balance the load and make it fell more comfortable.
To each their own. 2 Glock 19s appendix doesn't sound pleasant to me. But whatever works I guess.

It balances better than one and give access with both hands.
if you say so.

E83E2463-0F80-459F-9431-9CB0E527FC8E.jpeg

Carrying 2 firearms & extra ammo everyday on one's person sounds like it would be a bit uncomfortable, a tad too much work and slightly overkill for me personally at this current time. Get back to me if the SHTF! :s0092:

Carrying 2 firearms & extra ammo everyday on one's person sounds like it would be a bit uncomfortable, a tad too much work and slightly overkill for me personally at this current time. Get back to me if the SHTF! :s0092:
Being dead because you lost a gunfight with a gang of armed thugs would be a bit uncomfortable too :eek:

Being dead because you lost a gunfight with a gang of armed thugs would be a bit uncomfortable too :eek:

I'm certainly not judging anyone. You do you. It just doesn't fit my day to day. I mean I'll throw an extra magazine in the car every now and then, maybe a box if I'm going camping or traveling but, I guess I will just have to take my chances on the gang combat with the 12 I have on the daily. ;)

Last Edited:
I'm sorry to say it, but even the baddest BAMF has a checkmate. If you find yourself in that situation, you're done. You may go out with a fight, but you're going to lose. Judging by the number of long-standing members we have here, it's not frequent that we end up having to John Wick it through the Safeway.

Also, judging by the number of people that have been in a gunfight, the actual "need" to carry is questionable if based solely on the chance you'll actually need to draw a gun.

But, most of us choose to carry because we'd rather have a say in the matter than die a defenseless victim. We might even be the kind who would, for the lack of a better term, be a hero in a bad spot.

I had a thread recently about the burden of carrying lots of stuff. I feel there is a point where my ability to enjoy life takes a step back when I'm handicapped by all the stuff I have with me.

I'm sorry to say it, but even the baddest BAMF has a checkmate. If you find yourself in that situation, you're done. You may go out with a fight, but you're going to lose. Judging by the number of long-standing members we have here, it's not frequent that we end up having to John Wick it through the Safeway.

Also, judging by the number of people that have been in a gunfight, the actual "need" to carry is questionable if based solely on the chance you'll actually need to draw a gun.

But, most of us choose to carry because we'd rather have a say in the matter than die a defenseless victim. We might even be the kind who would, for the lack of a better term, be a hero in a bad spot.

I had a thread recently about the burden of carrying lots of stuff. I feel there is a point where my ability to enjoy life takes a step back when I'm handicapped by all the stuff I have with me.
No. Some people in this forum simple can't be beat. They are immortal. Keyboard and all. I wish they would teach me.

I carry whatever I feel like. Some days I have a backup. Most I don't. Always a couple extra mags at least. Med stuff stays in my bag. Knife and multitool always at hand.
Rather have it and not need it than the other way around.
Don't plan on having to use everything I carry every day, but I use at least one thing I carry every day.
I don't plan on changing.

I EDC a light, a knife and a gun along with the usual stuff. I don't plan a special-op everytime I travel nor do I pack survival gear for a weekend at the beach. I don't have the interest or the fantasy to pack for a firefight with a legion of well armed hard charging gang bangers. Nope, I live my life and carry 15+1 in case someone tries to interfere with that. Hopefully the only time I ever remove my carry from the holster is at the range or to remove dust bunnies. :D

This may be trivial and petty..... Am I the only one who scratches and shakes their head when I see some pocket dumps (unrealistic or as someone who carries on a daily basis you know it's completely impractical) or when you hear people talking about carry multiple guns etc. I understand the guns and gear are cool, but what happened to physical fitness, mindset, medical, etc.? I hear or read a lot of comments that would drive me to believe that people are looking for an altercation or think their abilities are far beyond what they truly capable of. When did it become cool to take another's life? How about avoiding a situation completely if possible..... Does gear give one a false sense of security? Does it allow them to become complacent and comfortable? Reality over perception.
My pocket dump my body!

I read through the whole thread, and I apologize in advance if I missed it, but where exactly IS the line between Prepared and Paranoid?

For the record, I carry 15+1 in my sidearm, and when they invented the 'Rona and people got twitchy, I started carrying a second mag.

Typical SD scenario is a couple of secs and a couple of discharges, so I am over-prepared, right?o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top