JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. Trying to ankle carry a double stack, because of being seated most of ones work day?

I would look at why other on body carry seems less comfortable first, then go from there. Get a different chair. Lose weight. Go OWB. etc.

That's just my opinion though.

Interesting. Trying to ankle carry a double stack, because of being seated most of ones work day?

I would look at why other on body carry seems less comfortable first, then go from there. Get a different chair. Lose weight. Go OWB. etc.

That's just my opinion though.
I work in an office and help staff, so while I am seated a lot I do need to be able to get up immediately, move and potentially lift my arms over my head to get things for shorter people. While testing appendix it seemed like it would either print badly or become visibly in these high movement scenarios unless I were to wear shirt sizes two sizes up and look like a tarp. Which with how I dress, would also immediately look odd and likely bring unwanted attention.

In any at work situation I likely will have time to plan and think before I react, thus I am ok with taking a knee to retrieve my firearm, and perhaps engaging the threat from that position, creating a smaller profile for myself as well.

Once I leave work I can transition to whatever other carry works best.

I carried a G26 on the ankle, and it's on the verge of being too heavy for ankle carry (I had a leather ankle holster from Ted Blocker).

Consider getting a shirt from the tall section. I am a little fella 5'8", 160#, with an obscenely long torso. That said, my OWB officer 1911 hides will with a regular t-shirt. That said, I'm not lifting my arms over my head.

I'd consider a pocket pistol over an ankle rig. As much as I disliked the SW Airweight, it could pocket carry in the front jeans pocket rather well.

I carried a G26 on the ankle, and it's on the verge of being too heavy for ankle carry (I had a leather ankle holster from Ted Blocker).

Consider getting a shirt from the tall section. I am a little fella 5'8", 160#, with an obscenely long torso. That said, my OWB officer 1911 hides will with a regular t-shirt. That said, I'm not lifting my arms over my head.

I'd consider a pocket pistol over an ankle rig. As much as I disliked the SW Airweight, it could pocket carry in the front jeans pocket rather well.
Is there a specific type of jeans you use? All my jeans print my keys, my phone, and wallet. They're not tight jeans either, I'm trying to imagine how that wouldn't print the gun handle, muzzle, or trigger guard depending on the angle.

All of these reasons are why I favor a good pocket carry.

But even that has its own difficulties. Ive found loose fit pants work best and must have horizontal front pockets (like most typical jeans). Slanted cut or side entry front pockets either expose the gun handle or in some cases it can even fall out when sitting.
A good thin pocket holster helps blend the printing, its hard to get away from the L shape. The Alabama pocket holster works the best IMO.

The thing I hate about pocket carry is I have to put my keys and anything else in my other pocket. In summer it shows more, ive had someone ask "damn what all you lugging around"... (Awkward moment i tell ya. )

Is there a specific type of jeans you use? All my jeans print my keys, my phone, and wallet. They're not tight jeans either, I'm trying to imagine how that wouldn't print the gun handle, muzzle, or trigger guard depending on the angle.
I haven't carried in that method since before SB941. That said, I used regular fit Levi's. I don't remember the make of the holster, but it was a leather. It did not print, and it definitely didn't look like a gun, it just looked like I had something in my pocket.

A holster that's made for the pocket should not print.

I wear regular fit Wranglers. I carry a J frame revolver in a front pocket. The pocket holster smooths out the lines of the gun well enough to not look like a gun in the pocket.
The other thing you can do is make a thicker pocket that also smooths the pocket area. To do this you get someone to make a thick canvas pocket, or use an iron on patch on the outside of the pocket [ inside the jeans] . If you have a new pocket sewn in, you can also make the pocket deeper. I think I paid a seamstress $15 or so for a new pocket. as soon as I asked for a deeper heavy pocket, she knew exactly what I wanted and why. DR

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top