JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also, unless you're good with getting a permit to purchase, I won't, then you'll want to purchase sooner rather than later.
in fact, if one got lucky with getting thru the queue Id get two pistols now, one pocket carry and one compact G19 sized and get them both done on one BGC.

How do dress for work? Can you wear a sleveless t-shrt and a polo shirts and then you can carry with an IWB. But you need to use the toilet you need to work on keeping your gun concealed while doing your business. Other options is get a pocket pistol with a safety on it get a pocket holster to carry in your pocket. One in the chamber and the hammer is down.

A glock 19 on the hip in a good holster/belt will become unnoticeable from a comfort standpoint even while sitting. It will also be far more effective to shoot a target with.

If you're a Glock guy, get a 17 and a 26.
The two most "why?" Glocks made. The 34 makes the 17 pointless and the 43/48 make the 26 pointless. Neither is better at anything than a different model but it's certainly worse. And I get the mag compatibility thing. Way down the list of likely uses.

Get a 19, or a 23/32 if you must, then buy the 9mm slide and mags later but to it tomorrow, first thing

The two most "why?" Glocks made. The 34 makes the 17 pointless and the 43/48 make the 26 pointless. Neither is better at anything than a different model but it's certainly worse. And I get the mag compatibility thing. Way down the list of likely uses.

Get a 19, or a 23/32 if you must, then buy the 9mm slide and mags later but to it tomorrow, first thing
Glocks have way too many models to actually be useful. Im sure fanboy's will say that they make one for every purpose but dang, how about some character.

Glocks have way too many models to actually be useful. Im sure fanboy's will say that they make one for every purpose but dang, how about some character.
I have moved away from looking at Glocks simply as a YouTuber made a good point that for the price, many other manufacturers are making quality firearms with more features. I'd rather get more for the same price, as long as I'm not compromising on reliability.

I have moved away from looking at Glocks simply as a YouTuber made a good point that for the price, many other manufacturers are making quality firearms with more features. I'd rather get more for the same price, as long as I'm not compromising on reliability.
Let me introduce you to Langdon Tactical.

What a person needs in a gun is very subjective, but its not a guns features that make it better than another.
Other than an external safety, Im not certain there are any features Glocks dont have over other brands?

What a person needs in a gun is very subjective, but its not a guns features that make it better than another.
Other than an external safety, Im not certain there are any features Glocks dont have over other brands?
Ambi mag releases and a hipster counter culture

I do not want an external safety. I'm avoiding that feature.

I think the things they were mentioning were more like "quality of life" improvements like adjustable grips and more ergonomic or ambidextrous designs. I don't remember honestly, it's been a minute. I do remember that when I was looking at the 43/48 (don't remember) in order to increase the capacity I had to look at Shield's mags for extended capacity, and I know the smaller Hellcat comes out the door swinging with 15+1 or something crazy like that I think. I wouldn't want anything less than starting in the double digits and other guns seem to offer that starting out in a smaller package than most of the same size Glocks I had been looking at, without mods, at least, again, from my limited research and recollection.

I think the things they were mentioning were more like "quality of life" improvements like adjustable grips and more ergonomic or ambidextrous designs. I don't remember honestly, it's been a minute. I do remember that when I was looking at the 43/48 (don't remember) in order to increase the capacity I had to look at Shield's mags for extended capacity, and I know the smaller Hellcat comes out the door swinging with 15+1 or something crazy like that I think. I wouldn't want anything less than starting in the double digits and other guns seem to offer that starting out in a smaller package than most of the same size Glocks I had been looking at, without mods, at least, again, from my limited research and recollection.
P365 is your ticket. Buy an FCU or two, then configure it how you think you want it, then reconfigure it as you go. Different grip length, slide length, slide type, grip manufacturer... 10-17 round magazines. Get two so when you break, lose or wear out the first, you've got a back up

Sounds like your on the right path anyways.

heres a useful website to compare different guns side by side. I would look closely at that Hellcat or the P365

P365 is your ticket. Buy an FCU or two, then configure it how you think you want it, then reconfigure it as you go. Different grip length, slide length, slide type, grip manufacturer... 10-17 round magazines. Get two so when you break, lose or wear out the first, you've got a back up
This is the Sig correct? The one that the Hellcat came out after for? I've read a lot of good stuff about it, I'll definitely add this to the must shoot list, thx for you input!

Hi all.

I am looking to buy my first handgun for concealed carry, I am thinking:
Polymer frame (non revolver)
Double stack (extended mag if option exists for model I choose)
Optics ready
Rail under for flashlight
Reliability (I have a Ruger 9E but was reading that the Ruger Max 9 3505 has had some issues)
Trying to decide on compact vs sub vs mini, I'm leaning towards compact (any counter recommendations?).

Does anyone have any overall recommendations?
Please explain way.

I plan to conceal carry on my ankle/calf via the Bug bite system due to sitting most of the day for work.

Does anyone have any range recommendations for various dynamic situations? I am in Salem and we have TriTac, but I don't think you can practice drawing from the knee there (I could be completely wrong).
Find a range with rentals. You will get a BUNCH of recommendations and most will be good or great. That does not mean you will like it after you buy one. Buy one you don't like and its a hassle to buy, then a hassle to sell to try something else. Even if its a bit of a drive find a range that will have rentals and see what works for you. FAR better than buying to try.

Find a range with rentals. You will get a BUNCH of recommendations and most will be good or great. That does not mean you will like it after you buy one. Buy one you don't like and its a hassle to buy, then a hassle to sell to try something else. Even if its a bit of a drive find a range that will have rentals and see what works for you. FAR better than buying to try.
I agree, do you have any you can personally recommend?

Hi all.

I am looking to buy my first handgun for concealed carry, I am thinking:
Polymer frame (non revolver)
Double stack (extended mag if option exists for model I choose)
Optics ready
Rail under for flashlight
Reliability (I have a Ruger 9E but was reading that the Ruger Max 9 3505 has had some issues)
Trying to decide on compact vs sub vs mini, I'm leaning towards compact (any counter recommendations?).

Does anyone have any overall recommendations?
Please explain way.

I plan to conceal carry on my ankle/calf via the Bug bite system due to sitting most of the day for work.
A Glock 19 MOS covers all the bases you have listed above except for the ridiculous expectation to ankle carry suck a firearm

Does anyone have any range recommendations for various dynamic situations? I am in Salem and we have TriTac, but I don't think you can practice drawing from the knee there (I could be completely wrong).
ARPC is 40 minutes or so south of Salem, you need to be a member.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top