JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you let it expire then it is no different then getting a new one as you just did, so a very simple process.

Last time mine was expired for over 1.5 years when I noticed. I had carried all that time. I did not go to jail, burst into flames, have an erection lasting more then 4 hours, explosive diarrhea or any other unpleasant thing happen. I went in and applied just like I was a new applicant.

Here is what the law actually says, http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.070

(9) A licensee may renew a license if the licensee applies for renewal within ninety days before or after the expiration date of the license. A license so renewed shall take effect on the expiration date of the prior license. A licensee renewing after the expiration date of the license must pay a late renewal penalty of ten dollars in addition to the renewal fee specified in subsection (6) of this section. The fee shall be distributed as follows:

So looks like doing so within the 90 days after expiration saves you $10...otherwise no big deal. Perhaps the person advising me had a premonition of things yet to come :eek:.

Not quit.

If you do it 90 days before expiration there is no fee.

If you do it 1-90 days after expiration there is a $10 fee.

After 90 days you are a new applicant.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top