JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you let it expire then it is no different then getting a new one as you just did, so a very simple process.

Last time mine was expired for over 1.5 years when I noticed. I had carried all that time. I did not go to jail, burst into flames, have an erection lasting more then 4 hours, explosive diarrhea or any other unpleasant thing happen. I went in and applied just like I was a new applicant.

Here is what the law actually says, http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.070

(9) A licensee may renew a license if the licensee applies for renewal within ninety days before or after the expiration date of the license. A license so renewed shall take effect on the expiration date of the prior license. A licensee renewing after the expiration date of the license must pay a late renewal penalty of ten dollars in addition to the renewal fee specified in subsection (6) of this section. The fee shall be distributed as follows:

So looks like doing so within the 90 days after expiration saves you $10...otherwise no big deal. Perhaps the person advising me had a premonition of things yet to come :eek:.

Not quit.

If you do it 90 days before expiration there is no fee.

If you do it 1-90 days after expiration there is a $10 fee.

After 90 days you are a new applicant.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads