JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OP...this country's royal "WE" of the gun community, is on the whole, is strictly singularity entity!

obvious evidence of this is our nation's completely disjointed statutory and the citizen's [read local/state/national] knee jerk approach towards mitigating the nonsense of limited cartridges in mags, no citizen carry w/o privilege card from state/local overseers, ad nauseam!

further, some state's don't mandate live fire for the privilege card issuance; while some mandate if you qualify w/say 9mm ~ that is the only caliber you can carry!

additionally, some citizens feel they are now mandated w/responsibility to defend jqpublic in general from bobby badguy!

for the record, i am a long time open carrier whose only operating premise is SA towards the concept of welfare of myself and loved ones...i do not go into tactical mode to protect others nor seek out bobby badguy...but instead seeking cover to defend my loved ones.

that you believe everyone needs to follow your perceived perception of carry concept(s) & specific defensive gear [read if someone carries a 22 i'm tickled to death because they have at least a defensive firearm] & have an apparent specific initial/ongoing training criteria is disappointing to say the least!

this is similar to which is better ~ chevy/ford; pickup/sedan; 38/9/10/40/45; consistent bull-eyes, head shots, or just bloody hitting target in group; or finally revolver/pistol/single/double ~

it is a personal choice based on multiple factors, e.g., $, time, physical constraints, etc.
For the most part I agree with you. And I am sorry if it comes across that I think someone should carry one brand, one caliber, etc. because I do not. Like you said it is a personal choice. Now do I think certain things are better or more realistic..... sure and I'll back my opinion up. But I'm not going to say one is wrong for doing it. I may say it's stupid or dangerous (aka my opinion) but at no point do I think we should all conform to 1 style. I shoot glocks, some people hate glocks. I could say it's the only gun I'll carry while the ergonomics of it won't benefit another shooter. That's fine.

I personally have no problem with people having to qual on a live fire range before they are allowed to carry. I also have no issue with being required to have a license or background check ran on you to be able to carry a firearm. I personally feel that government abuses their authority in some of these areas depending on the state. But there does need to be some checks and balances.

I personally don't open carry for my own reasons but that's not to say that you shouldn't. I may think it is much more efficient and safe to conceal vs open carry but that doesn't mean I think the right to open carry should be stripped from another. I don't know where the mentality of someone having an opinion or voice is directly related to its my way or your wrong. Different opinions and views is what built this country/community and it the differences that continue to push us forwardunless we allow it to divide us.

Yes I can be sarcastic and an A$$ but I want what everyone else wants and that is to protect our second amendment rights and our community as a whole whether you just hunt, shoot 3 gun, or just collect as a hobby. We all share an interest. Sure the game may be different, the tools and tactics may be different but the foundation is the same.

I read this OP and came at it from the angle of how we as a community mentor new gun owners... not apparently the point of view that you read the post as someone pointing out flaws. As your reply comes across that way.

How would you mentor a new gun owner in your family?

I mentioned exactly what I taught my kids and nephews.
This is how I intended it. But I can't help the fact that some people will pick apart and twist my comments no matter what I say or how I portray them. Thank you for being a rational individual.

You can leave. No one is forcing you to read or comment.
OK buckie, you are busy telling us what we have to do, how about you? Got training in teaching concealed carry, how about extensive knowledge of said laws? When is the next class and how much does it cost? Maybe I need more training.

OK buckie, you are busy telling us what we have to do, how about you? Got training in teaching concealed carry, how about extensive knowledge of said laws? When is the next class and how much does it cost? Maybe I need more training.
Maybe you do.

When it's so many people, so many times, ever think to yourself "What if it's me?"?
Some people. Not "so many people" as you say. I have a select following. What do they say.... if people hate you than you're doing something right? I'll be here.

op...
you raise the 2A yet, yet as a constitutional provision WHY are the fed/state/local overseers imposing criteria on citizens and why are you now capitulating by advocating to about checks/balances, carry/ownership criteria, e.g., training, privileges mandates, etc., for citizens?

[sidebar-I will not engage on a contextual perspective on the 2A]

bottom line...the foundation isn't the same in any shape and form!

op...
you raise the 2A yet, yet as a constitutional provision WHY are the fed/state/local overseers imposing criteria on citizens and why are you now capitulating by advocating to about checks/balances, carry/ownership criteria, e.g., training, privileges mandates, etc., for citizens?

[sidebar-I will not engage on a contextual perspective on the 2A]

bottom line...the foundation isn't the same in any shape and form!
I guess we don't agree then. And I am ok with that.

we never did mate...as you have failed to articulate, after mentioning your advocation for mandates for citizen's training, background checks, etc., for a privilege card all the while alluding to something constitutionally stated!

This isn't here to be a dick measuring contest. If that's what you want I'll loose. I was just trying to convey an observation I have made over the years. $hit! People get offended and take stuff personally super easy. Let the dumpster fire rage!

we never did mate...as you have failed to articulate, after mentioning your advocation for mandates for citizen's training, background checks, etc., for a privilege card all the while alluding to something constitutionally stated!
Cause there are a lot of people who are more of a liability than an asset in this world. And I am ok with criminals, and lowlifes not owning firearms.

I personally have no problem with people having to qual on a live fire range before they are allowed to carry.

I do. I take a great exception especially to the "allowed to carry" part.

I also have no issue with being required to have a license or background check ran on you to be able to carry a firearm.

I do. A background check is a presumption of guilt until you prove otherwise.

I personally feel that government abuses their authority in some of these areas depending on the state.

The state will always abuse its authority in every area unless checked by the citizenry.

But there does need to be some checks and balances.

There already is. There are some things bestowed upon you at birth, not parceled out piecemeal at the whims of broken men. Everyone born in America starts out with a license to carry. It's called a birth certificate and the free will to choose to do so or not. I guess personal responsibility is too much responsibility for the average serf to have to deal with.

Of course, those are just my opinions. The difference between mine and your opinions is that mine will never restrict yours. But, you are definitely free to have them...for now.

I do. I take a great exception especially to the "allowed to carry" part.

I do. A background check is a presumption of guilt until you prove otherwise.

The state will always abuse its authority in every area unless checked by the citizenry.

There already is. There are some things bestowed upon you at birth, not parceled out piecemeal at the whims of broken men. Everyone born in America starts out with a license to carry. It's called a birth certificate and the free will to choose to do so or not. I guess personal responsibility is too much responsibility for the average serf to have to deal with.

Of course, those are just my opinions. The difference between mine and your opinions is that mine will never restrict yours. But, you are definitely free to have them...for now.
Well my views aren't your views and I try and take a more realistic view at life and the current times. I see where you are coming from and respect it though.

But that's exactly how you come off. Not just this particular thread either.
Why cause I don't carry 2 guns, I dont think Colts are Gods gift, and I don't think dropping 2k into a basic AR for IG likes is what this world revolves around? Am I just supposed to grab your pocket and follow you around?

And I will continue to advocate at the state and local levels to try to allow you to keep what rights you have left. I have been super busy since my move from WA at the moment, though, so no guarentees.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top