JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So before we get to far further along ....
Lets remember Rule Number One :
Be excellent to each other

Good natured "smack talk " is one thing...
But snide snarky remarks and the like have no place here.
Andy

And I will continue to advocate at the state and local levels to try to allow you to keep what rights you have left. I have been super busy since my move from WA at the moment, though, so no guarentees.
They can take my rights away on paper I'll continue to own and carry if it comes down to that. Thank you for what you do though. And I mean that.

Cause there are a lot of people who are more of a liability than an asset in this world. And I am ok with criminals, and lowlifes not owning firearms.
They can take my rights away on paper I'll continue to own and carry if it comes down to that. Thank you for what you do though. And I mean that.

But what if the government decides you are a criminal and lowlife?

Edit to add:
For the record, I am probably in the minority in most cases when I say that I do not think having a criminal record should disqualify people.

Last Edited:
But what if the government decides you are a criminal and lowlife?
Well what factors determine that? Have a committed a crime? Or am I now a criminal because I own firearms? If that was the case than I have no issue being labeled a criminal I guess.

I think every law abiding citizen has the right to own firearms. But I also look at concealed carry like a drivers license. If you do certain things it can be stripped from you (murder, rape, abuse, etc.) I may be wrong but I think training is a good thing. Do cops just get issued a firearm and get put on the street? No they have to qualify and in a way I think as a concealed carrier I should also have to qualify. On the flip side my name is on every bullet that leaves my firearm so if I decided not to train and just carry I am responsible for my negligence and the effects of my actions. I can see both sides.

I didn't mean to go off topic, just mentioning my observation in what I seen as conflicting statements.

I do agree people should train, educate, learn before deciding to carry. I don't think it should be a requirement. I also think firearms safety should be taught in school. Everybody should learn about basic safety and handling and everyone should shoot at least once in their life. Don't like it, don't do it ever again.

As for what people carry, how many weapons or whatever else. IDGAF what you do and what I do is none of your business

I didn't mean to go off topic, just mentioning my observation in what I seen as conflicting statements.

I do agree people should train, educate, learn before deciding to carry. I don't think it should be a requirement. I also think firearms safety should be taught in school. Everybody should learn about basic safety and handling and everyone should shoot at least once in their life. Don't like it, don't do it ever again.

As for what people carry, how many weapons or whatever else. IDGAF what you do and what I do is none of your business
I agree with you. Thinking about it I don't think a qual should be a requirement as it would more than likely be dictated state by state. I'm glad you questioned me. Firearm safety in schools would be a dream come true.

I carry on my belt. As I have stated, there is enough of ME inside my waistband. I wear my shIrt tails OUT. If my pistol shows, OH BUBBLEGUMING WELL!!!
I never worry too much about printing.... unless someone carries they will never notice.

Ah..........Politics of carry again! What is a RIGHT, and what is a privilege, and exactly what gives someone the right to decide that?

What and how I choose to carry is my own choice, and as I still have the absolute right I was born with, I will continue to carry, the 2nd is my concealed permit, PERIOD! I will not submit to requirements to exercise my rights, there is nothing in our constitution requiring it, and the laws of man take a back seat to the laws of my creator who has endowed me with those rights!

O.P. has a naturally abrasive personality, I understand that, and I understand the frustration it can cause, so I choose to take the high road and try to avoid conflict, BUT, when statements of absolute-isism, or superiority complex are made, a dumpster fire will always ensue!

Ah..........Politics of carry again! What is a RIGHT, and what is a privilege, and exactly what gives someone the right to decide that?

What and how I choose to carry is my own choice, and as I still have the absolute right I was born with, I will continue to carry, the 2nd is my concealed permit, PERIOD! I will not submit to requirements to exercise my rights, there is nothing in our constitution requiring it, and the laws of man take a back seat to the laws of my creator who has endowed me with those rights! I

O.P. has a naturally abrasive personality, I understand that, and I understand the frustration it can cause, so I choose to take the high road and try to avoid conflict, BUT, when statements of absolute-isism, or superiority complex are made, a dumpster fire will always ensue!
I apologize for being abrasive. A lot of time I think my sarcasm may go too far. I enjoy an argument and debate and a lot of times I eat my own words. In no way do I think I am superior to others but I do have strong opinions which may rub people the wrong way at times. I have made many friends here who think like me but unfortunately I have also made some enemies. It's hard for me to shut my mouth and take the high road, I'll attempt to do a better job for the forums sake.

I apologize for being abrasive. A lot of time I think my sarcasm may go too far. I enjoy an argument and debate and a lot of times I eat my own words. In no way do I think I am superior to others but I do have strong opinions which may rub people the wrong way at times. I have made many friends here who think like me but unfortunately I have also made some enemies. It's hard for me to shut my mouth and take the high road, I'll attempt to do a better job for the forums sake.
Yer alright bra, no harm no foul! :cool:

once again the confusion of a "state" mandated profit centered driver's license against the "federal" constitutional governance of owning a firearm.

the states are being allowed to generate $$$ for owning, carry, and tax revenues for traing and the citizens have capitulated their federal rights

On a related side note, firearms training used to be taught in schools I took hunters safety in 6th grade from my Math teacher. High Schools and colllages had shooting teams that were considered sports you could letter in. My shooting buddy was on the Benson High School pistol team. There was no stigma, teams would travel to other schools to compete. 4-H and the Boy Scouts (and probably the Girl Scouts), tho I remember the girls shot bows and arrow more than guns. . What happened and why did we let it?

That's something I would say too.

Cause there are a lot of people who are more of a liability than an asset in this world. And I am ok with criminals, and lowlifes not owning firearms.
Ah, the "Just one child" argument.
Keep your dirty stinking hands off of my grandma's gat you filthy ape!

lol for the POTA alliteration

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top