JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
there is going to be a HUGE black market for ammo down there. I know if I lived there I would just be smuggling it in bulk from a neighbor state..... "any fruits, plants or ammunition sir?" "no." "have a nice day" "thanks, you too".

Until the Nomenklatura of the PDRK rules that "ghost bullets" (untraceable ammunition) is illegal.
I give it 6 months..........................
Personally I was REALLY surprised reloading escaped all this - for now. No doubt it will be addressed - hard to say how but probably similarly to ammo - having to buy components from a 'legal' dealer and limits on amounts. I foresee tracking of purchases with some sort of customer database.

So, what about non-residents? I am looking to attend the 2018 Western IDPA Championship...but wondering if this is still possible???
1. Can a non resident bring ammunition into the state? Besides this match, my wife and i sometimes travel to NV, and we have ammo in the car?
2. Can a non resident buy pistol ammunition in CA?
3. I understand there is a shooting range exemption...but this will be held at a large club; not a small indoor range.
Thanks for any informed responses...maybe from our Southern OR friends who deal with this issue?

So, what about non-residents? I
Good question- however I suspect with the way the law is written it would preclude this as it would create an avenue for ammo to get to California residents - or it's not addressed at all - still seems to be a lot of 'what ifs' And 'grey' areas with this law and I wouldn't be surprised if it applies to non-residents also.

Of course Google what Cal gov sites you can but The Daily Shooter on yt has a lot of info. Those gov sites can have a lot of info but not say much. Up to this year I would travel to Ca with a pistol & ammo packed away to be useless in an emergency but I still took it. Not anymore.

So, what about non-residents? I am looking to attend the 2018 Western IDPA Championship...but wondering if this is still possible???
1. Can a non resident bring ammunition into the state? Besides this match, my wife and i sometimes travel to NV, and we have ammo in the car?
2. Can a non resident buy pistol ammunition in CA?
3. I understand there is a shooting range exemption...but this will be held at a large club; not a small indoor range.
Thanks for any informed responses...maybe from our Southern OR friends who deal with this issue?

Sounds like it's time to change the location of the Western IDPA Championship.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top