JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Wild video shows a female University of Chicago student fighting back against an armed robber, amazingly yanking the magazine out of her attacker's firearm — as a man sitting feet away watches without helping.

The heroic 21-year-old economics senior, only identified by the first name Madelyn, was one of three students from the university held up at gunpoint just moments apart on Wednesday.

"I see a man in a ski mask coming toward me, and I attempt to keep walking," Madelyn told NBC Chicago.

1300-block-east-56th-street-80340392.jpg

Madelyn tussled with the suspect for a few moments as she glanced wildly around her, seemingly imploring a passerby to intervene — with a male student instead just watching while he sat on the ground just feet away, surveillance footage showed.

The armed assailant was "grabbing for my phone and I am kinda pulling it behind my back," she recalled.

"In the tussle, I was able to take the magazine out of his gun, and I tossed it into a bush," she added.

"But at the moment, I didn't know what I was grabbing."

In the end, the robber made off with Madelyn's phone, though police later found both the device and the magazine she tossed.

https://www.tacticalbubblegum.com/c...5V35K46IS&trk_link=B9RHNTJR5N8K166LNDK7VTICO0

Wild video shows a female University of Chicago student fighting back against an armed robber, amazingly yanking the magazine out of her attacker's firearm — as a man sitting feet away watches without helping.

The heroic 21-year-old economics senior, only identified by the first name Madelyn, was one of three students from the university held up at gunpoint just moments apart on Wednesday.

"I see a man in a ski mask coming toward me, and I attempt to keep walking," Madelyn told NBC Chicago.

View attachment 1869216

Madelyn tussled with the suspect for a few moments as she glanced wildly around her, seemingly imploring a passerby to intervene — with a male student instead just watching while he sat on the ground just feet away, surveillance footage showed.

The armed assailant was "grabbing for my phone and I am kinda pulling it behind my back," she recalled.

"In the tussle, I was able to take the magazine out of his gun, and I tossed it into a bush," she added.

"But at the moment, I didn't know what I was grabbing."

In the end, the robber made off with Madelyn's phone, though police later found both the device and the magazine she tossed.

Your link was broken by NWFA's swear filter because it contained the word b*tch. Here's a shortened link to the article:

You can shorten URLs here https://tinyurl.com/app or just do a search for "url shortener". There are lots of them out there.

Also that guy who just sat and watched is an ahole.

Not only are we raising wusses, we're raising really stupid wusses. Just sit there and watch my dude. Don't run away. I mean, it's not like the man with the gun may come after you next. You're clearly not going to fight.

Not only are we raising wusses, we're raising really stupid wusses. Just sit there and watch my dude. Don't run away. I mean, it's not like the man with the gun may come after you next. You're clearly not going to fight.
Between internet and Covid, a lot of the last two generations are pretty bad at real-world interactions.

edit:sp

Last Edited:
Maybe the guy watching could have hit the mugger with his purse or yelled, stranger danger. Anything to make him think he was outnumbered.

I usually say, don't get involved, but I don't think I could just watch a woman get attacked.

I try really, really hard not to make other peoples problems my problems, but this is one of those times there's no way I could stand by. This guy would have a sudden change of heart or leaking hydraulic fluid way before he got to her.

Your link was broken by NWFA's swear filter because it contained the word b*tch. Here's a shortened link to the article:

You can shorten URLs here https://tinyurl.com/app or just do a search for "url shortener". There are lots of them out there.

Also that guy who just sat and watched is an ahole.
Actually it was tactical sh it.com

Wow, my dude just sitting there like he's watching a TV show or something while the woman is being robbed. That's just astounding, I mean he didn't move a muscle.

I dunno. I find it kind of comical. If the bystander had been a woman no one would say a word about her just sitting there and doing nothing... and the last I heard... women don't need men for anything these days. They get all offended if a man even tries acting like a man.

Make up your mind!! 🤣

I get it though. If it had been one of my sons sitting there I woulda smacked him upside the head.

I dunno. I find it kind of comical. If the bystander had been a woman no one would say a word about her just sitting there and doing nothing... and the last I heard... women don't need men for anything these days. They get all offended if a man even tries acting like a man.

Make up your mind!! 🤣

I get it though. If it had been one of my sons sitting there I woulda smacked him upside the head.
Some very loud women claim they don't need other men. I'd wager most women don't feel that way at all.

I saw this on the news with a LOT of people commenting on the guy who does nothing. Most of those saying this of course ignore the poor guy in NY who took down the kook on the train and the state is now DESPERATELY trying to put him in prison. The same people who are supporting sending him to prison then wonder why men are no longer men. They are getting just what they said they wanted, men who do nothing to help. :(

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews