JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody know if moly coated and/or polymer coated bullets safe to shoot in suppressors? I called a well known bullet company and all they can tell me is test it for myself:confused:. Still deciding if I want to make the change over from plated bullets.

Anybody know if moly coated and/or polymer coated bullets safe to shoot in suppressors? I called a well known bullet company and all they can tell me is test it for myself:confused:. Still deciding if I want to make the change over from plated bullets.
-
I believe the poly coated bonded is rated to around 1300 FPS area . For the poly-coated, I have shot thousands of them in pistol and Suppressed subsonic .30 cal .
Poly-coat jackets bonds to cast bullets and makes a great Gas-Check on the bases for lead control also . It is pretty tough bond on Lead, but also pliable and no barrel fouling when kept under the Velocity the manufacture suggests .
I Never saw any Poly-Coat build-up in my Suppressors .

If talking about ( Moly coated on top copper jacket ) , It is GTG for what ever Velocity you choose to run out a Can .
If your talking about ( Moly over Lead Cast ) , Moly. It is No Gas Check and you will most definitely get lead build in your Suppressor .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top