JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody know if moly coated and/or polymer coated bullets safe to shoot in suppressors? I called a well known bullet company and all they can tell me is test it for myself:confused:. Still deciding if I want to make the change over from plated bullets.

Anybody know if moly coated and/or polymer coated bullets safe to shoot in suppressors? I called a well known bullet company and all they can tell me is test it for myself:confused:. Still deciding if I want to make the change over from plated bullets.
-
I believe the poly coated bonded is rated to around 1300 FPS area . For the poly-coated, I have shot thousands of them in pistol and Suppressed subsonic .30 cal .
Poly-coat jackets bonds to cast bullets and makes a great Gas-Check on the bases for lead control also . It is pretty tough bond on Lead, but also pliable and no barrel fouling when kept under the Velocity the manufacture suggests .
I Never saw any Poly-Coat build-up in my Suppressors .

If talking about ( Moly coated on top copper jacket ) , It is GTG for what ever Velocity you choose to run out a Can .
If your talking about ( Moly over Lead Cast ) , Moly. It is No Gas Check and you will most definitely get lead build in your Suppressor .

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top