JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending this April 11th Clean Up event?

• Total voters
Hey! I remembered my neoprene fishing waders! Complete with size 11 boots! I'm going to have to loan those out to someone who will go up to the lake and clean up the beer cans in the water.

Speaking of water... Can anyone bring some drinking water? Need a gallon or two.

Here's the one picture I remembered to take today. As always, thanks to everyone who came out and helped. Also, a big thank you to @Cogs for coordinating- without guys like you, I firmly believe we wouldn't be having the success we are afforded. See you all at the next one!

IMG_0857.JPG

So here's what our volunteers are all about...

We offered incentives to win prizes for their help in cleaning up. We posted to meet up back at the site to have lunch and draw for the prizes. Even reminded everyone to return for that, as they headed up the road to work on other sites. They worked their behind off and really did a great job. Then didn't come back for the prizes! They were not there because of the incentives. They just wanted to do some good. And that's what they did!

Thank you all. I'm impressed! (We'll save those prizes for another project).

Bill

Last Edited:
It was nice to be a part of some major clean up, I hadn't been up to Goat Mountain in a few years. I even live in the upperhighland/ lowerhighland area, only ever went up there once to target shoot. A few other times to 4wheel up to the radio tower cliff. :eek:Didn't realize the forest fire last summer got that close to hillock burn rd area. I was the guy dragging my pregnant girlfriend and daughter to help, we filled two bags full. At the second site enjoyed some hail and corn hail/snow very lightly falling. We had to rush off to OMSI to keep my little one happy. :D

I had to go ahead and make an account on here, after that clean-up yesterday! I was the guy who brought the wheelbarrow and then got lost heading up the hill and wound up above the snowline. At any rate, what a great day, I was really disappointed that I didn't get to the second site (I'll pay more attention to directions on where to go next time). It was great to come out and spend some time with other people that care about being good stewards of the sport, the culture, and the wilderness. Already looking forward to the next one!

Thank you for joining us, Timothy! It was great to see you there. And welcome aboard Northwest Firearms! Let us know if and when you need any kind of help! We'll be happy to chip in.

Of course, I got all excited thinking about all the hard work, and I remembered to go check out KATU News' special report. Sadly, they turned it into a hatchet job.

<broken link removed>

Disappointing, that.

Let's try Ch 12 Fox tonight. They asked Chris, from USFS, for his footage of the clean up. Chris interviewed several of us and he was there all day. Great guy. He did the video of last years clean up at the Memaloose pit.

I had to go ahead and make an account on here, after that clean-up yesterday! I was the guy who brought the wheelbarrow and then got lost heading up the hill and wound up above the snowline. At any rate, what a great day, I was really disappointed that I didn't get to the second site (I'll pay more attention to directions on where to go next time). It was great to come out and spend some time with other people that care about being good stewards of the sport, the culture, and the wilderness. Already looking forward to the next one!

Glad you found us! See you at the next one.

Of course, I got all excited thinking about all the hard work, and I remembered to go check out KATU News' special report. Sadly, they turned it into a hatchet job.

<broken link removed>

Disappointing, that.

I saw that earlier today and just came here to cite that. I couldn't make it out to help but I knew it was happening. I am shocked that KATU would use this event to throw all the participants under the bus.

It was cool! Everyone did great! We had over 20 people. I forgot my camera!
A big THANK YOU! to everyone who made it out to pitch in with us.
Volunteers in action together; a powerful force for good.
Thanks too, to you who shared the information on Facebook - a number of folks I spoke with said that's how they found out about us, and the cleanup.
A special tip o' the hat to the USFS for participation, support and encouragement.
Likewise, Clackamas County Sheriffs and Dump Stoppers.
All great people to work with, who are personally committed to the success and expansion of these programs.
Together we do good things, and I'm proud to associate with you all.

Last Edited:
So here's what our volunteers are all about...

We offered incentives to win prizes for their help in cleaning up. We posted to meet up back at the site to have lunch and draw for the prizes. Even reminded everyone to return for that, as they headed up the road to work on other sites. They worked their behind off and really did a great job. Then didn't come back for the prizes! They were not there because of the incentives. They just wanted to do some good. And that's what they did!

Thank you all. I'm impressed! (We'll save those prizes for another project).

Bill
Thank you for your leadership Cogs. This kind of community action draws good people.
We appreciate the support and encouragement from the USFS, and Local Government agencies to help us become partners in this ongoing project.
We also appreciate the commitment of our Business associates to this cause - who share the valuable shooting information available - and by generous donations.
Onward, together.

Dave with Dump Stoppers called today. Said we hauled out 2200 pounds! That was from, at least, two sites. Had a little over 20 volunteers!

He also said they don't charge USFS for their work. They volunteer!

Well done, volunteers! Well done!

Dave with Dump Stoppers called today. Said we hauled out 2200 pounds! That was from, at least, two sites. Had a little over 20 volunteers!

He also said they don't charge USFS for their work. They volunteer!

Well done, volunteers! Well done!

You can add another 900 lbs to the count from the big van with the trailer.

You can add another 900 lbs to the count from the big van with the trailer.

Who was that guy? Like a white Knight in bright and shining armor! He appeared from out of the blue, performed a whirlwind clean up and disappeared in a cloud of dust! And I didn't even catch his name! We offered to unload the trailer into the dump truck but he said he would take care of it. And away he went.

THANK YOU, silver van Dude!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads