JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've said here only that I will surrender my firearms if necessary. If the opposite is necessary, that's what I'll do.

You truly misunderstand me. Your inferences and assumptions are wrong. If you look only at what I have actually said, you will see no meekness.

Reason and Critical Thinking are not prevalent among hard-core 2A supporters. Would that they were.

You qualify everything you say so that you may go back and change what you really meant to say.

Bob, what you actually said is: You will give up anything and everything that the govt asks. You will drive a Prius and vote only Green Party if that's what they want. That's pretty meek buddy. But, it makes sense to me since the govt isn't here telling you what to say, you're feeling a little lost. Hardly libertarian and hardly critical thinking.

BobD says:

"I suppose to a paranoid-schizophrenic who believes that a high-capacity magazine ban is just the first step in a huge plan by "the government" to take all our rights away and leave us poor and defenseless on the street..."

As I once told my Property Manager, after they said
"You don't look disabled to me..."

I replied PLEASE show me your Medical Credentials to make that diagnosis"

BobD, you do a great disservice to ~your side~ of this discussion, by making a Mental Heath ~diagnosis~ of paranoid-schizophrenic.

My Brother in Law has that Diagnosis, and can discuss many issues much more elegently, without using name calling like above... and would politely laugh in your face if he heard you F2F, his IQ: 140 and can teach Electron Theory level of Electronics....

BobD (again) says:

"Reason and Critical Thinking are not prevalent among hard-core 2A supporters. Would that they were....."

Please compare this last Quote of you, with the first quote I made from you in this post...

Can we please get back to: "Civility and Discipline"

.... Sigh, When will it end ..... ??? :confused:

philip, Boondocking on HWY 36

Bob, what you actually said is: You will give up anything and everything that the govt asks. You will drive a Prius and vote only Green Party if that's what they want. That's pretty meek buddy. But, it makes sense to me since the govt isn't here telling you what to say, you're feeling a little lost. Hardly libertarian and hardly critical thinking.
I did say that I would do all of those things... to save the lives of my family.
I don't see how that's negotiable, nor will I negotiate it.

Please compare this last Quote of you, with the first quote I made from you in this post...

Can we please get back to: "Civility and Discipline"

.... Sigh, When will it end ..... ??? :confused:

philip, Boondocking on HWY 36
This last point is a good one. I apologize for my part in distracting the conversation in this thread. I didn't intend to cause such a ruckus, and once it started, I shouldn't have reacted as strongly as i did. I'm going to stop now.

I've said here only that I will surrender my firearms if necessary. If the opposite is necessary, that's what I'll do.

You truly misunderstand me. Your inferences and assumptions are wrong. If you look only at what I have actually said, you will see no meekness.

Reason and Critical Thinking are not prevalent among hard-core 2A supporters. Would that they were.

That is why when you finally leave this world... No one will remember your name.

Because that's what's important in life.......

Fame. Anything for celebrity. ;)

Sorry stomper, couldn't help myself.

It's been depressing watching this thread go downhill.....

This guy: both a NRA member AND ACLU member. Qualifies as gun-owning liberal? Up to you.

Started posting videos in December to provoke discussion and thought about 2nd Amendment rights. Already has over 1 million views on Youtube, and yeah, several of my non-gun owning friends have already commented that, yep... HE'S MADE THEM RE-THINK THEIR VIEWS.

Last edited by a moderator:
206thsense.

powerful.

thank you.

philip

...who once successfully discussed RKBA/2nd Amendment with equivalence to defense of Pro-Choice with a Life member of the John Birch Association, Life NRA & he was a Mormon to boot!

He finally saw the POV: take away one ~right~ at a time... None remain eventually.

BTW, I am NOT Pro Choice, I just am Pro Rights... And until the dotGOV legally defines life is at conception... then there is a place for choice to be made by the woman... I wait for Rand Paul's Right to LIFE Bill to be passed...

BTW, my friend and I discussed the above, with Civility & a Discipline for "debating" I can & have debated both sides of many things, when those factors are in place!

from The Boondocks of HWY 36

So an article condemning uncivil behavior by gun owners cites the death threats received by Kurt Eichwald after he penned an article calling for a repeal of 2A, i.e. handing total, absolute power to the government. The death threats are counter-productive, but you do realize that Kurt Eichwald is not a civil person for calling for something so grotesque?

I'm sure Stalin was perfectly polite as he signed the death warrants for millions of innocents. That doesn't make him civil.
Don't try to reason with liberals. They'll pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I used to be more open to talking to them on this subject, however it's a waste of time, and this is why.

They want to be controlled by the government, and they want a total suspension of personal responsibility. Neither of those things jive with gun ownership. Unless they're FUDDs, then they'll often espouse that no one needs more than two shots at a time anyway, and comments like that should be ridiculed.

They'll pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

They want to be controlled by the government, and they want a total suspension of personal responsibility.

I have no idea what you are trying to say in that first sentence. The second one about being controlled by the government is absolutely ridiculous. I have a hard time accepting that you actually believe that crap. It's just nuts to think like that and then you try and pass it off as if its a fact.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top