Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Chicago under fire!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by biggie24420, Jul 11, 2012.

1. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

As difficult as it is, I need to remind everyone to keep non-firearm politics out of this thread and stay on topic of the issue at hand.

I've heard that Giuliani did a decent job of reducing this sort of crime in New York, is that true? If so, what methods did he use? We all know it wasn't allowing citizens to arm themselves...

3. greydog111

greydog111 peoples repubilik of Oregon Active Member

Hmmm. Seems to me that the constant denial of gun rights in Chicago is seminal here! More guns, less crime. What reasonable person can fail to connect this news with a "gun topic"? Furthermore, how is this a "Political Post?".

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayoralty_of_Rudy_Giuliani#Crime_control

They enforced lots of minor offenses basically using the Broken Windows theory that reducing petty crime and maintaining order may reduce more serious crimes.

The crime rates did drop and dropped more than the national average. Whether it was Giuliano and the police policies or other factors is a point that could be debated.