JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Misplaced priorities: Gorilla more important than people?

While public outrage over the killing of a gorilla at a zoo in Cincinnati over the weekend is all over the news, there seems to be little of the same emotion over the Windy City body count reported this morning by the Chicago Sun Times: six dead and "at least 63 others wounded."

<broken link removed>

And a rememberance for SAF's Ray Carter...

There was another case, some years ago, where the female gorilla "protected" (comforted) the child until the keeper came.

"A decade later, a 3-year-old boy fell nearly 20 feet into the gorilla enclosure at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago.

This time, a female gorilla named Binti Jua picked up the unconscious boy, while carrying her own infant on her back, and guarded him from other gorillas.

In an incredible show of maternal care, Binti took him right to a door so that zookeepers could retrieve him."

http://pix11.com/2016/05/30/watch-mother-gorilla-rescues-3-year-old-boy-who-fell-into-pit-in-1996/

Misplaced priorities: Gorilla more important than people?

While public outrage over the killing of a gorilla at a zoo in Cincinnati over the weekend is all over the news, there seems to be little of the same emotion over the Windy City body count reported this morning by the Chicago Sun Times: six dead and "at least 63 others wounded."

<broken link removed>

And a rememberance for SAF's Ray Carter...
With all due respect for the loss of human life, you are talking about the POTUS hometown of Sh!tcargo...

This is the result of liberal control for decades, this is their Utopia, right down to gun control... Sorry... Let them live in it...

Sure I would. (As long as I was carrying one of those magical Glock thingies I see in the movies.)

Should I point out the sarcasm?

Heres a thought... Dont focus on why the kid got in the gorilla pit, or why they shot the gorilla... That argument is dumb and nobody is right. Heres the flippin solution.... If your kid falls in an animal pit, your bubblegum better be the first thing that gorilla sees. I would have cannon balled into that water and THROWN my child somewhere safe and stood between the animal and my kid. Then the decision is easy... If the gorilla kills me then you can kill the gorilla.... If it doesnt kill me then we all go get ice cream and i tell all my buddies how im a stone cold badass for going toe to toe with a silverback. Either way my child is protected, and thats your NUMBER ONE JOB as a parent. On a side note you know there was some lady walking around the zoo with her kid on one of those leashes going "THE LEASH ISNT SUCH A BAD IDEA AFTER ALL IS IT!?" rant over.... CiaCiara Pearson

Heres a thought... Dont focus on why the kid got in the gorilla pit, or why they shot the gorilla... That argument is dumb and nobody is right. Heres the flippin solution.... If your kid falls in an animal pit, your bubblegum better be the first thing that gorilla sees. I would have cannon balled into that water and THROWN my child somewhere safe and stood between the animal and my kid. Then the decision is easy... If the gorilla kills me then you can kill the gorilla.... If it doesnt kill me then we all go get ice cream and i tell all my buddies how im a stone cold badass for going toe to toe with a silverback. Either way my child is protected, and thats your NUMBER ONE JOB as a parent. On a side note you know there was some lady walking around the zoo with her kid on one of those leashes going "THE LEASH ISNT SUCH A BAD IDEA AFTER ALL IS IT!?" rant over.... CiaCiara Pearson
BUT!!!!!
You probably wouldn't have let your child get into that compound in the first place,right?
This was a dumb a$$ parent we're talking about here,not one that would risk their life for some short person that they need to feed

Should have put down mom and let the gorillas raise the kid! Probably be better off! Look what it did for Tarzan!

Seriously, I know that animals don't equate to people! Except for dogs!
However, I like them A LOT better! They had better make sure that I never get to have a talk with mom, I'll make her ears burn so bad there'll be scorch marks on her toes!:mad:

Last Edited:
So somehow the Zoo had a Gorilla sniper on staff. I'm hoping we get the details soon but.......

You are there and carrying and the staff is calling 911 as a response.
Hopefully you got a .45 or 9mm but you might have a .380:eek: Would you give it a shot? I know I would have to get closer to even attempt it.
Remember the firepower that it took to take out Kong!
Yeah, this is a brilliant topic. Congratulations. Let's all be in a hurry to kill a rare primate.
Let's see,... the life of a magnificent, rare primate (closely related to us, BTW), or a future backwards hat-wearing gang member wannabe, who qualifies for SSI at 18, due to GMO's, vaccinations, lead in the water, etc.

So yeah, let's all prove what men we are by bringing our CCW's to the zoo, so we can kill some o' 'dem dang blasted animahls.

Yeah, this is a brilliant topic. Congratulations. Let's all be in a hurry to kill a rare primate.
Let's see,... the life of a magnificent, rare primate (closely related to us, BTW), or a future backwards hat-wearing gang member wannabe, who qualifies for SSI at 18, due to GMO's, vaccinations, lead in the water, etc.

So yeah, let's all prove what men we are by bringing our CCW's to the zoo, so we can kill some o' 'dem dang blasted animahls.
Ooooh I feel another one for my list has popped upo_O

So I'll assume that's a no, you would not attempt it. Not because it would be a crazy difficult shot that might spook the ape and cause the kid to get killed.:eek:

You would not attempt it because killing animals is always bad even to save a kid.o_O

if for some f'n reason my kid ever hops the fence into the gorilla exhibit i am going after him without hesitation. i will have my EDC and any brave gorilla that wants to pull a stunt will get shot and i will be prepared to face any consequence over it. that is what dads do.

So I'll assume that's a no, you would not attempt it. Not because it would be a crazy difficult shot that might spook the ape and cause the kid to get killed.:eek:

You would not attempt it because killing animals is always bad even to save a kid.o_O
Let's put it this way. There are seven billion of us on this planet, with fewer resources, and fewer prospects for many young people - Unless they're learning NOW to provide the means of their own existence: Food, water, energy. I just have this strange feeling that the four year-old that caused a gorilla to be killed will probably be reduced to a backwards hat-wearing, moving target, by the time he's an adult (assuming we make it that far, into collapse).

I spotted this post at first light. I thought to reply, then decided to wait.

My answer.
Hell NO. I would not take a shot. If the shot was not placed precisely, and with the right caliber, the childs life could come to an end as fast as the bullet striking the gorilla.

I can't even fathom the strength or drive a gorilla would have, but I've seen plenty of videos of situations.

This is a very mild example.
Man exhibits 'superhuman strength' as police officers arrest him (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3225919/Shocking-video-shows-shirtless-man-Maryland-McDonald-s-exhibiting-superhuman-strength-cops-SEVEN-minutes-arrest-using-pepper-spray-hits-truncheon-taser.html#v-4469776235001)

Those cops weren't all that skilled I think. Amazing how much damage he took before he went down.

Let's put it this way. There are seven billion of us on this planet, with fewer resources, and fewer prospects for many young people - Unless they're learning NOW to provide the means of their own existence: Food, water, energy. I just have this strange feeling that the four year-old that caused a gorilla to be killed will probably be reduced to a backwards hat-wearing, moving target, by the time he's an adult (assuming we make it that far, into collapse).
That's another topic I guess. This Topic is, CCW vs Gorilla? is it even possible? Small caliber Big Animal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top