Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CCW Instructor Shoots Student -- ND

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by fyrediver, Aug 12, 2013.

1. fyrediver

fyrediver Seattle Active Member

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Ouch is right! I want to know exactly what ammo he was using so I know to avoid it... so a .38 fired from a .357 (i'd assume snubie) bounces off of a desk top and fails to penetrate the guys arm - unless the classroom is extremely long and the guy who was hit had arms much larger than most people's legs it sure sounds like a weak cartridge. You would think that the bullet would have either punched through the desk with ease, or if at a small enough angle it would have carried most of its energy and passed through the guys arm. No broken bone and no through and through.... freak accident in favor of those behind him I suppose...

3. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

I bet they couldn't hear any instruction after that!

1 person likes this.
  4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This is what they would have heard from me "I want my money back".

5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

An instructor so complacent as to not check to see if a firearm is not loaded is slipping. Accidents do happen but really.

6. Kahuna1248

Kahuna1248 Portland, OR New Member

I think the instructor missed the his basic handgun course. You know, the one that teaches the basic tenets: Always assume every firearm is loaded, Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction, and keep your finger off the trigger until you have made the decision to fire. He blew all three.

BoonDocks36 and (deleted member) like this.